pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread:

Attached: 1553873504148.jpg (850x553, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/pudding-pbt-doubleshot-keycap-oem-back-light-mechanical-keyboards-milk-white-pink-black-gh60-poker-87/32866885294.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3508
techmag.bg/keyboard-thermaltake-esports-meka-pro-lite-kb-mgp-blbngr-01-mechanical-usb-perthekla0020
originativeco.com/products/keyboard-co
youtu.be/H66XwhzhdnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't like anime

First for Navy's the best.

word up for multiculturalism
I got 2 different oem sets on my keyboard, one pbt and one double shot abs

mind you that mixing up different profiles is degenerate though

Reposting from previous thread, didn't realize a new one was made.

>Budget
No more than CAD$150
>Location (continent at least)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
Either
>Form factor
Either 100% or 80%
>Backlight
I'd prefer just a white backlight if it's not RGB
>Previous/current keyboards
Current keyboard is a CM Storm QuickFire TK

Current option is a HyperX Pro, but I absolutely hate the fact that the number keys have the symbols beside each other.

reminder that if you need layers to hit function keys you should probably kill yourself

>buy super shiny mechanical keyboard
>half the keys develop chattering within few months
You asshats said this would be fun.
It's not.

Attached: 1520976007133.png (512x384, 265K)

Is it possible to lube switches (MX) without opening them up?

Attached: 1543548241233.png (755x765, 489K)

could just be shitty pcb with shitty controller/software/firmware
that's why I stick to qmk compatible boards
no, as the lube won't do much there
you want to lube contact points within the switch that you won't be able to reach without opening it

What's that?

walmart.ca sells ducky now.

That's surprising, but most are a bit too pricey for me.

How retarded would it be to just re-purpose the caps from my 2016 Razer Blackwidow (was a gift)?
Looking at getting some Box Jade's, and the caps fit on my key switch tester, so all I'd need to do is get the switches and the board itself, thinking something like a GMMK base.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how autistic would this be?

The bottom row keycaps won't fit

fuck ANSI

Attached: 10B2F6F8-B74C-499F-818B-8AC50046C5F1.jpg (1280x960, 172K)

what do you mean?
Sorry, I'm new to caps as a whole. Was looking at getting a set off Aliexpress since I never realised how expensive cap sets can be

Just get a $10 doubleshot PBT set from aliexpress
Also razer uses a nonstandard bottom row so the keycaps won't fit on other keyboards unless they have the same layout.

>get a hundred dollar keyboard
>it feels exactly the same as the two dollar keyboard I've had for years
Don't fall for it.
Also cherry reds are way to sensative i press it down like one third of the way and that shit registers.

Attached: 1551317990416.jpg (400x262, 5K)

Not sure about the space bar, but the keycaps themselves seem fine for fit.
aliexpress.com/item/pudding-pbt-doubleshot-keycap-oem-back-light-mechanical-keyboards-milk-white-pink-black-gh60-poker-87/32866885294.html
Something like this should work, correct?

Your fault for getting reds.

I've only ever had a full 104 key board.
GMMK seem to have sold out of their 104 boards, so I'm tempted to just buy the TKL.
What's it like transitioning from 104 to TKL?

Not that bad. The only thing I missed was the numpad's enter key. Took me a week to get used to not having it.

Probably a stupid quesiton to you veterans, but if I'm getting a TKL board, should I stick to buying 90 switches or 110?
I don't know how valuable having spares is, just in case any have issues.

Even 90 gives you a couple spares, a standard ANSI TKL is 87 keys.

My babies

Attached: pok3r, vibe.jpg (3840x2160, 2.37M)

me too

I don't get this "linears feel the same as cheap rubber domes" meme. Just comparing the force graphs shows they're nothing alike.

He's just retarded, user.

Attached: 20190329_153506.jpg (2880x2160, 1.6M)

damn nigga, you rich

Nice Filco dude check out my Filco

Attached: pecker detector kb.jpg (2400x1600, 971K)

same fag

Shit, they're multiplying.

Yeah that should work.
A vast majority of keyboards use the same sized keys for everything, but there's some special snowflake companies that use non-standard sizes.

Post Filcos

I don't own a filco, they're shit

Mate Filco hasn't been a relevant keyboard brand in at least 5 years. I doubt anyone here outside of you lovebirds owns one.

Is this true?
Is there a way to get those longer sliders without buying a more expensive keyboard and cannibalizing it?

>can't afford a filgun
Sad.

Aren't Filcos only like $120?
I've bought keyboards 3 times that expensive lol

>had to delete his shitpost

Attached: asp.jpg (700x483, 39K)

Is there any fun cheap chinkshit keyboard to buy from AliExpress for funsies?
What about pbt caps, would you recommend?

>multicultural
multilingual*

magicforce49

I recommend mine. Someone fucked up with the pricing and got it for 53 BGN (~$30). And it is with Cherry MX blues.

so ugh which one is that

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3508
Got this with clears. Will be here Monday
I love anime btw

Mine cost 136 used, i had to open and clear some leftover gunk and hair inside, plus use contact cleaner for the s key for it to work.
I assume brand new one would cost more. And yeah, never going to buy used shit ever again.

techmag.bg/keyboard-thermaltake-esports-meka-pro-lite-kb-mgp-blbngr-01-mechanical-usb-perthekla0020
And it is not a scam, not that you should believe a stranger on the internet. I do not know how shipping would be.

Pros:
>It's with Cherry MX switches
>Macros that are not on separate buttons making it bulky
>Surprisingly sturdy
>Additional GAYmer functions like disabling Windows button
>Media Control and other shortcuts.
>It was 30 fucking dollars for a Cherry MX keyboard
Cons:
>The chinks that put it together didn't press the caps all the way in and I needed to press them one by one so they level off
>German Layout i.e. Short left shift, big square Enter
>No backlight
>Coming from a low profile it kinda sucks at first.

>Can you buy loose topre parts
Nigga what do you think

I have stacks of old NEC keyboards with blue alps and I want to create a split ergo keyboard out of them.

You should sell the blue alps as loose switches
You'll make a killing

Sell some blue alps to me m8. I'll make a dactyl manuform out of it.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

I prefer the look of the regular dactyl, but I think I would need to make something completely custom to conform to the available caps.

Attached: P6020942.jpg (4608x3456, 2.85M)

Those are pretty nice caps. You're going to have to make compromises with what keys go where regardless.

Attached: index.jpg (4032x3024, 2.85M)

I was thinking of using the fat F keys for the thumbs. Also probably stuff from the top row for the bottom row, but I guess they might have the be turned upside down for the angle to be right.

You'll figure out what works best for you. Offer to buy some switches still stands btw, I'll take a board if you don't want to desolder them.

>Budget
Under 135 CAD
>Location
Canada
>Preferred switch type
Clear
>Layout
Qwerty
>Form factor
Can take or leave the numpad
>Backlight
Nah

Been looking at the iKBC CD108 on amazon and I'm wondering if that's my best bet.

I really like that keyboard to begin with, so I don't think I'll be parting with them. You can't really see it there but they have really nice chunky cables too.

Attached: 1552616798721.jpg (2048x1361, 780K)

>MY COLORS!

Attached: 1516267202651.png (626x384, 186K)

Topre!

Attached: topre3d_405.png (405x380, 127K)

Am I cool yet?

Attached: IMG_20190329_2247472.jpg (2627x1991, 993K)

Attached: 1526223954003.png (237x330, 43K)

Attached: 1552944803979.png (500x517, 466K)

Where do I find cyan alpha keys cherry profile?

I don't know of any outside of this GMK set
>originativeco.com/products/keyboard-co

They only sell the base kit?

i love the irony of this post. It's like when you see a really fat chick insulting another fat chick by calling her fat.

Attached: majestic3.jpg (660x495, 78K)

>Where do I find cyan alpha keys cherry profile?

I want cyan mod keys

GMK sets are sold as sets, that's how it is.

That artisan is shit.

I prefer white on black, black on white, or black blanks and there's nothing your rainbow loving ass can do about it.

Attached: 1477074295386.jpg (3264x2448, 1.31M)

yes, that only make them a bit quieter, but not any smoother

how's this considered mechanical?

Attached: Bucklingspring-animation-300ms.gif (732x850, 336K)

By using a spring over a door to create a slider different from a standard rubber dome

Mechanical keyboards, by definition, are any keyboard with moving parts.

You might as well not even have a qualifier if every keyboard counts.

youtu.be/H66XwhzhdnA

The definition of "mechanical" implies moving parts, which means yes Dell rubberdome over membrane keyboards count. The only ones that don't count are solid state keyboards like phone screen keyboard.
"Mechanical" nowadays usually just refers to "high end" keyboards, but arguments about "Why is X considered mechanical?" are inherently retarded.

>Posting a video that agrees with me
What are you trying to say

You didn't actually watch the vid if you think it agrees with you.
>So in other words the dictionary is not of much use to us.
If every keyboard is mechanical, then why even bother putting "mechanical" in front as an adjective? You don't actually say anything meaningful if you're going to adhere to that broad definition.

Did YOU not watch the video?
He literally opens with what I just said and concludes with "mechanical isn't a great word to define these, but it's all we have", which coincides with what I originally posted where I said '"mechanical" tends to refer to high end [higher quality] '
He even goes through like 10 minutes of dissecting why you can't refer to stuff like topre as "non-mechanical" and have it he accurate.

Are you actually retarded, or do you not know how to read what you're responding to?

> any keyboard with moving parts.
>I said '"mechanical" tends to refer to high end [higher quality] '
You know you can't just rewrite history when the post is right there user. If all keyboards are mechanical then it'd be as superfluous as saying "artificial plastic".

You dumbfuck, I was responding to a post asking how buckling springs are considered mechanical, to which I replied "they are mechanical by definition, but mechanical usually means that a keyboard is higher quality" because claiming something is "non-mechanical" as a way to insult it is actually retarded. I didn't disagree with anything you or your retarded youtube video had to say.
I agree with you and you're trying to start an argument over the meta use of an arbitrary definition. Christ, if I knew I'd have to spell it out in an essay I wouldn't have bothered responding in the first place.

All keyboards are mechanical.

Attached: 14803202518161.jpg (440x460, 22K)

>I replied "they are mechanical by definition, but mechanical usually means that a keyboard is higher quality"
No you didn't, what the actual fuck are you talking about? Your reply is right here

Using "it's not a mechanical keyboard so it's bad" is inherently flawed. All keyboards are mechanical by definition.

The qualifier only has the definition we chose to apply to it. While I agree with the points he brings up, he defeats his own argument about it's definition by also going through 8 minutes of desrcribing why the same qualifier is flawed.

Tell me user, why do you think it matters that we qualify keyboards as "mechanical" or not?

The qualifier of "mechanical" is superfluous in the sense that we, this general and enthusiasts for this hobby, use it.

Yes, you might as well not
What's your point?

Attached: 1550722548962.jpg (1024x683, 426K)

I just agree with him that there is no perfect definition; that all of them are arbitrary & have exceptions. When someone says "mechanical" for a keyboard they usually just mean "not a cheap rubber dome over membrane board". The whole point of a qualifier like this is to categorize it separately from something else, so if it doesn't do that then why bother?

But how are rubberdome over membrane keyboards non mechanical?

Is it because they have a membrane? Because that would disqualify Model M switches.
Is it because of the rubberdome? Because that would disqualify topre.
Is it because of cheap price points and poor build quality? Because that would disqualify cheap Chinese knockoff boards.

This is what I'm saying, he even brings these exact points up. The qualifier is inherently flawed because it can never truly define itself. Applying any of these single definitions exclude things that should be there, and using all three at once makes the definition comically narrow as it would only exclude a singular thing.

It's an arbitrary qualifier with no purpose, EVERY keyboard with moving parts is, by definition, mechanical

Bruh if you come through Saskatoon ever hit me up and I’ll hook you up. — Gergofag

Attached: 3BFD0AB6-0804-4A3C-BC49-A6C809DA450F.jpg (3264x2448, 1.75M)

Ahh, so this is the full spasti containment bread. I get it.

Why bother, indeed.
The word is arbitrary, the only reason anyone uses it is to have some unified word to apply to their keyboards.
What I don't get is how people get so attached to the word they start going around labeling things "non-mechanical".

take that back

Attached: hamster.jpg (800x450, 30K)

no

Attached: 5d9.gif (600x596, 147K)

Personally I'd rather just be specific as to what switch type is in question rather than say "mechanical" or not.

Same, it conveys much more information

Don't forget to pinch your nipples while doing so.

Attached: zoidyslow.gif (200x200, 103K)

Of course, who do you take me for? :^)