My friend has thousands of dollars of sound equipment but he still listens to most of his music on Spotify

My friend has thousands of dollars of sound equipment but he still listens to most of his music on Spotify.
How can I convince him he is bottlenecking his amps, headphones, and speakers by doing this?

Attached: 556105539_PGY7t-S.jpg (400x268, 33K)

Autism

I don't believe you

Inject him with vaccines while he's asleep. He'll come around to your way of thinking after a few weeks.

record a sick diss track about streaming music and get it uploaded to spotify. Start hustling a marketing campaign so it goes viral enough for it to become recommend on his feed. Then just hope his shit stack is decent enough to hear your message through all the noise and rf inference in his shitty wifi riddled neighborhood

tell him hes a nigger for using Spotify

Retards gonna retard. Just let him do what he wants.

>How can I convince him he is bottlenecking his amps, headphones, and speakers by doing this?
He's not, though.
People with a poor understanding of audio will think things like this.

His friend is a nigger already.

he is mentally ill audiphile

Target his email for Facebook ads that tell him Spotify music quality is shit.

ITT nobody actually giving arguments

Alright you disgusting faggot.
Chances are if the friend in question is human, his hearing range peaks out to around 16kHz at this point, which means the compression artifacts will mostly be well outside his hearing range. The sample rate will also be around 44kHz, which ensures it being beyond human distinction.
On the other hand, his equipment likely has very good frequency response curves, meaning that even with Spotify the music he listens to will sound better than your $5 garbage bin earbuds.

Audio isn't as simple as 128kbit mp3 will sound the same on $5 headphones as it does on $500. Bad equipment always sounds worse, no matter what you're playing through it.

The biggest "bottleneck" to modern hifi is the quality of the mastering. The loudness war RUINED the dynamics of most modern music. A well recorded 128kbs mp3 will sound better than a poorly mastered 5mbps FLAC.

Attached: o5A5hTu.png (1036x706, 312K)

>How can I convince him he is bottlenecking his amps, headphones, and speakers by doing this?
Spotify streams at 192 kbps AAC, that's transparent.

This
you can really only tell if you're autistic and run spectrogram

Punch him untill he understands.

Only if you don't have premium. Premium has 320 kbit/s streaming.

There is literally no reason for 320 kbps for AAC/Opus/Vorbis

That doesn't really matter unless you're listening to Cardi B garbage. Most classical labels didn't follow that trend with the notable exception of DG which unfortunately has some of the most important recordings of the 20th century

They obviously don't have very good heating if they spend money on high end audio equipment and use it to stream compressed music. Just leave them in their consumer fantasy world. Nothing you say or do will sway them. They clearly won't hear the difference anyway.

>hearing

Modern compressor technique on DAWs + no need to play on radio anymore has recovered much of the dynamic range that was lost though.