Why don't you have a ssd Jow Forums. This is 2019. Get with the times

Why don't you have a ssd Jow Forums. This is 2019. Get with the times.

Attached: 1550893986812.jpg (228x221, 9K)

>yes goy just stop kvetching and buy one

After 11 years of almost daily use, my hard drive is still alive and kicking.
It's such a fucking miracle that I can't let it go.

Throw a hammer at it, from across the room. If it works I will buy a hdd.

Win 7 running from SSD on all PCs and laptops master race reporting.

what the fuck are you doing to them that they need that kind of resistance

We are just testing anons miracle drive.

>kvetching
SSD is literally 5x the speed for 2x the price now

>2x the price
not even close
maybe its true for 1tb and below but any ssd with a reasonable amount of storage for desktop use (4tb +) is freakishly expensive at almost 7x the price and it doesnt go down from there, look at prices for 8tb ssd's and larger too, theyre more than 10x the price than hdds
>but muh 5x speed increase
>b-but muh tech idol on youtube told me hdds were grandap stuff and ssd are the thing
kill yourself

i have 16gb ssd as a cache drive on my 4tb hdd
give me a 4tb ssd for 100 usd

Too expensive

I just bought a 3TB hard drive for $60, a 2TB SSD is over $200.

this. using hdd for anything else than backup in 2019 is ghetto tier.
The noise and random access latency is absolutely horrible. I ditched hdds completely and never looked back.
I have 5TB of ssds and it's perfect.

No, you autist, you kill yourself
No one told you to exchange your 50TB or archived pedo footage in your NAS, but if you don't use an SSD as a primary drive in your system, even if 128gb, you're just a fucking retard clinging to shit you know and being afraid of new tech
Go grate your face on that 24/7 spinning rust

>>but muh 5x speed increase
>>b-but muh tech idol on youtube told me hdds were grandap stuff and ssd are the thing
>kill yourself
What is wrong with you?
Yes, I told about 1TB and below, but I bought my 512 SSD mostly because I fucking hate those *SKRRRT*, plus it really improves overall experience on old machines (I have one from 2008); I don't care about YouTube.

How dumb do you have to be to not realize how much of a difference loading times make in your user experience? Even loading your web browser or word processor takes an eternity in comparison when using an HDD.
Is it some new form of luddism?

Also if the problem is money just get a 240GB one, they're cheap. Just having your OS and day to day applications on the SSD make it all better. You can store your movies, pictures, etc on a hard disk.

because i want large amounts of storage and ssds are ridiculously expensive

I have one, they're pretty cheap now

>too dumb to boot and run from ssd while storing on hd
How did you manage to learn to post on Jow Forums?

Im not a normiefag retard i play games and i actually need 4tbs of storage and i actually have a 240gb nvme ssd for booting windows, blender and some of my favorite games

>Im not a normiefag retard
>i play games
Unlike normies lol
>windows
wowzer-rifle

windoze bad amirite

>a 240GB
They're usually slower than ~400 and more

Well yeah

why is windows bad? im sure most power users arent linux fags who fetishize their linux terminal

>why is windows bad
First day here?
>im sure most power users arent linux fags
First day here.

install linux mint.

Meme level SSD for os and extensions(128, I just expect them to crash)
Browsers and office junctions on an 500gb m.2 , oh and gayming
Hdd is a slow and painful death that I won't miss

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

fuck off i want to play my vidya instead of using linux to look superior to other retards

m.2 master boot drive race

yes, I suggested linux mint.

90% of games including triple A ones dont support linux

I'm a poorfag and I need to save money now

>look
You mean be.

It works for me so at the end of the day why buy more than what I need or have passion for?

I'm fine with my HDD, thanks.

They are. But still infinitely faster than HDDs.

The sad thing is it's not even sour grapes. They really think they aren't missing anything, and will only be convinced once they try it and see the difference.

I have 5 ssds

Every time I have to use a computer with a hard drive now, I want to kill myself. Everything feels like laggy shit.

It's the random access that really makes a difference, the fact it can just call up an address and it's there and not have to spin up a dumbass metal plate to find the right spot.

That's literally sour grapes though.

Not really, sour grapes happens when you have cognitive dissonance, you want something but you're displeased because you can't have it, so you rationalize a criticism to convince yourself to want it less.
It's not sour grapes because many of these people didn't even want one in the first place, they only think "why would someone pay this much money for LESS storage? It makes no sense".

>hear about super duper fast drives
>"that sounds amazing! I want one!"
>they are 1/5 the size of the slower drives
>"oh, well that's fine. I would just put things I want fast access to on"
>price tag: 8 times more per GB
>"I n-never wanted it in the first place! Fucking Jewish scam!"

Attached: d922237b2cf4afafd2564d3be63525c14b7a8f6a_hq.jpg (358x624, 57K)

I upgraded from a Pentium 4 PC with 1GB of RAM and a 40GB IDE HDD to a Thinkpad T420s with 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD in 2013, and I have been using high-RAM SSD 2-3 years old Thinkpads since then so I don't really know how slow a modern computer with an HDD is. Even so, whenever I set up a computer I always make sure to use an SSD, even if it's the cheapest Sata one. Using HDDs as primary boot media nowadays feels just wrong.

This is indeed 2019.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74K)

am i retarded?
im selling my 500gb ssd which i use for storage on my laptop for a 2tb 2.5hdd to go inside the x230. i boot from 250gb msata.
need more storage

Good cheap ssd for X220?

brand to look for at least. amazons got a bunch on sale right now.

I have 3 in my PC
1 500gb 970 Evo for boot drive
2 2TB 970 Evos for storage

>backdoored shit
you must like being made of sperm and your mothers shame!

Attached: 226ecffc946fcef4585e75036f5508ea.jpg (700x456, 35K)

are u in uk? im selling my 500gb kingston ssd used for like 3 months lightly in my x230. ran really well

I'm in the states.

they have some 240gb drives for under $30 right now. I just havent kept up with the models and such that are worth getting or avoiding.

Kingston 240GB A400 SSD its $28

are the msata drives worth getting?

I got 2TB ssd purely for storing anime and music. Couldn't care less about speed or access times, but hdd noise was driving me insane. I don't have room for a home server, so I shoved ssd up my PC's throat instead.
AMA

idk if u can boot and run os off msata like x230 can but remember its sata2. im doing this so that i can put a big hdd in the 2.5 bay. my reasoning is for mass storage in small laptop.

whats your top 3 animes

Hard to tell. I'll go ahead and name three, but it's more like random picks from my top ten, if not top twenty list. Also picrel.
- Cowboy Bebop
- Psycho Pass (S1)
- Something Something Grimgar (can't be bothered to remember the title; I've only seen it very recently and it was pretty damn good)

To keep this post technololigy related - do you store anime in 720 or 1080p? I kinda feel like 1080 is just upscaled 720 anyways.

Attached: 1553039800733.png (848x1200, 859K)

you notice it if you have a decent TV, and player. its not as big a difference as SD jumps to 720P, but its more than noticeable.

I have an 1440p display, and I use SSSR (for 1080p) and FSRCNNX (for 720p) upscaling. Both look pretty good.

1tb hdd is $40-60
1tb ssd is $110-170

Theyre about 3x the price at 1tb range. Only 2x if you compare highest end hdd to lowest end ssd.

No bone in this fight, just trying to input valid info into this discussion.

really? i n idiot when it comes to MPV and use it bone stock. its a fucking great video player though, and the sound is much cleaner on my shitty public torrent tv shows.

I'm going to learn how to try them out.

I mostly get anime and movies and shows and run them through plex, since I'm going to have to move soon, and i dont have the money to build a proper NAS home theater setup, and I refuse to niggerrig it.

Use a smaller SSD as Cache ?

The best thing about mpv is that you can make it do literally whatever you want, no matter how dumb it is. Vid related - streaming a torrent file to mpv as it downloads. With seek support working (more or less, notice the delay).
You may ask "why" and I may not know the answer, but it's most certainly possible to do.

Attached: 1552606688463.webm (1280x720, 1.79M)

Think you missed a 0 there mate, 200 bucks for 2TB ssd is ludicrously cheap.

theres a samsung 1tb SSD on sale on amazon for $100, and a 2tb SSD for $244.00

Attached: ssd.jpg (1331x540, 154K)

Am cheap and patient