Why does current Jow Forums seem to have such a hateboner for video gamers...

Why does current Jow Forums seem to have such a hateboner for video gamers? Is it a way of deflecting the criticism that Linux has terrible game compatibility?

Attached: image.png (908x908, 946K)

A true man finds it more enjoyable to create than consume.

Because they're pretending to be mature
As if playing video games isn't the only thing they use the video cards for they keep shitposting about

>Linux has terrible game compatibility
What is this, 2005?

Attached: 9B41B9BC-598D-4DBE-9470-33789E2595A2.jpg (830x525, 71K)

I am a Jow Forumsamer

It's just underage faggots LARPing as "mature", grown-up and productive adults.

If you like your videogames glitchy and crashy, whatever.

1. Gamers hate FOSS
2. Gamers no little about how software works
3. Gamers shit up the board with constant intel/amd/nvidia shitflinging
4. Gamers are constantly being followed by a cloud of greedy corporations looking to prey on their deep pockets and overindulgent consumerism

people who like FOSS know little about how software works

there's already three containment boards for video games
we don't need Jow Forums to become another one

Yeah they're so ignorant that they happened to code most of the world's infrastructure. I'm on par with them sitting in my parent's basement and jacking off to Dva.

most of the worlds infrastructure is proprietary code written for businesses by code monkeys

The internet runs on FreeBSD.

Because they're LARPing as productive, well-adjusted, grown-up IT professionals.
Apparently vidya is an antithesis to that, and so is any form of entertainment except maybe watching flavor of the month moeshit on a riced out Linux machine.

Attached: 4644.jpg (248x252, 33K)

>Muh obscure niche game dunna work
>Linux is bad
Kill yourself already

I dual boot Windows 10, I only use it to play games and for Visual Studio.
I think there's a place for games in this board, games make use of interesting technologies.

No it's just that I'm fucking tired of seeing vidya shit on Jow Forums. You have two boards for video games on Jow Forums, use them

We grew up and grew out of games

Because you can get consoles for casual couch "gaming" after work, if you're hellbent on getting 144 FPS on your gayming RGB LED monitor for modern AAA trash, you're a zoomer who has too much parents' money and you doesn't belong here.
Old games from 90-00s are alright, but they'll run on any trashcan, no need to buy a new hardware for them.

Remove yourself from the premises /v/edditor.

I can't remember Jow Forums ever NOT hating video gamers on the very valid basis that there are communities dedicated to video games already.

>All PC hardware talk is about game performance, never about exporting media, performing intensive batch jobs, quality of life breakthroughs/discussion etc.
>At least 30% of threads are about corporate fanwars
>Most obvious tech support questions don't go to the stupid questions general or /v/ and end up being their own thread (some can be justified at least)
Doesn't help that Jow Forums now is a popular website so the whole sub 18 years old rule is never enforced anymore. In the current age what used to be trolling can be genuine adolescents posting so be weary.

>the whole sub 18 years old rule is never enforced anymore
you cant tell someones age from their ip address

clamav-daemon with fanotify and onaccess scanning active, watching my folders where windows stuff is and I don't fear anything.
Also a cronjob which looks into the clamav log for "FOUND" every once in a while and sends me a message on my desktop.
Better than having nothing.

>A true man finds it more enjoyable to create than consume.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 68K)

A lot if it is what said.
Vidya doesn't belong on here but threads with an image of le ebin onionsboy feelsguy and just quoting something about muh vidya are just as cancerous if not worse.

Ummmm.. steam play now works on Ubuntu 16. In previous versions you could use playonlinux and wine for like limited compatibility

s/gamers/pc gamers/

Please, you're insulting other gamers.