What is the objectively best power socket, and we haven't we all adopted it?

What is the objectively best power socket, and we haven't we all adopted it?

Attached: bowtlets.png (700x681, 838K)

Other urls found in this thread:

directcurrent.eu/en/news/news-archive/200-historical-choice-from-230-vac-to-350-vdc
youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

denmark dog and pig socket

Attached: pig.jpg (640x489, 40K)

Manually wrapping it together and wrapping it with electrical tape

Attached: SolderCarRadioWires 019.jpg (1600x1067, 103K)

The italian one looks the most reasonable

Israeli one is best

Litetally what the fuck is wrong with italians

fuck french people

Geee I wonder

Israeli here. We use the EU socket basically everywhere. But the American socket is far superior

>china and australia using the same plug

Attached: 1537713584928.jpg (3840x2160, 694K)

>Non-polarized

Attached: 1549659193741.jpg (523x523, 29K)

it's not the victorian times any more you eternal anglocuck

So? Knowing the difference between live and neutral could still save your life.

Attached: 1547925665760.jpg (1080x1080, 93K)

The Brazilian/Swiss one is the best.

doesn't matter from the outside of the socket/plug, and on the inside the wires are colour-coded

p.s.: jesus fucking christ I had to click on a hundred fucking hydrants and busses

>mfw notice the danish one.

Attached: 1355744734089.jpg (640x480, 63K)

those are very cute dogs so I can't disagree with your opinion.

sopa de macaco is the best one

german

Schutzkontakt or bust

The two circular prong EU standard is the best. I have traveled the world and this is objectively the simplest and implementation of a power socket. First it's circular, so the prongs don't have to be facing 'up' or 'down', you can insert the plug into the socket from either orientation, it's already widely adopted across countries in the EU so this is a perfect base to get the rest of the world onboard to, and it just werks.

If I had my way I would make the rest of the world adopt the EU standard. Carrying 10 different adapters is a pain.

Yeah, just be aware that the brazillian thing could be literally anything 110V or 220V, maybe something else. In short: they are fucking cargo culting our superior outlet, without having a proper network in place to begin with. Holy shit. Fucking brazilian are apes.

Attached: 0102050-M0RG3.jpg (974x646, 221K)

Gas fucking pit bulls

DC is the future

directcurrent.eu/en/news/news-archive/200-historical-choice-from-230-vac-to-350-vdc

The brazilian one, since it's so easy to put in. The American one generally gives me trouble to put things in or pull out, sometimes it gets clogged.

Attached: _medium_DSCN7823.jpg (640x480, 53K)

>americans on holiday in europe

The Brazilian one and Swiss one are incompatible because the ground pole is a few mm shifted. The Brazilian one is still the best because it's the international standard that nobody uses.

UK
both the plug and socket have features well beyond merely connecting, compared to most other plug/socket combos listed there.

literally italy is actual shit

SCHUKO is love.

This
I love UK connectors

What the fuck is wrong with no ground countries?

Looks safe to me; they may be in the water, but have an insulating layer between the water and the ground; they aren't in the current path as long as they don't touch something outside of the pool. It's like those videos of people being dropped off onto live power lines via helicopter for repair work.

Also, modern GFCI hardware can shut off power REALLY fast, and would protect them even if someone touched a grounding rod.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q
for dumb americans like me that don't know how it works

The Swiss seems best as the plug looks to be the most compact whilst still having a ground.

I'm american, our outlets have ground but about half the things I plug in don't have a ground connection on the plug.. why is this allowed?

>several countries just a few hour drives of each other all use different plugs
this is the real problem here

That's utterly ridiculous. Holy shit, what a crappy plug. And it's fucking huge.

Pajeet one looks like it could be good, anyone have experience with it?

>up until 1992, the government did not require electrical appliances to have a plug on them, they would just come with bare copper that you had to wire yourself
what in the goddamn

In the EU things have universal plugs that fit into all the EU sockets.

Japan also has the US plug with ground. It's rare, because they're retarded. The more common socket with ground a screw to which you attach ground (not making this shit up).

I like the EU one the most, they are safer (you can not touch the metal parts when the plug is partially inserted. The round pins don't bend like the US plugs.

Then again, the flat pins of the US plugs can fold neatly on a lot of chargers, but US plugs with ground will not fit into US sockets without ground (so watch out when visiting japan).

The UK plugs are bulky and allow for fuses (due to some possible retarded setups).

Never used the other ones.

as I'm sure you can see, rewiring a plug is not at all difficult. literally a screwdriver away.
Heck, actually makes the plugs themselves re-usable/repairable. so you're not trying to cut up the wires when the plug breaks.

>Israeli here. We use the EU socket basically everywhere
Really?

>Niggers buy pitbulls to act like niggers with them
>Niggers treat their pitbulls like niggers
>Surprised when the dog acts like their nigger owners

Niggers.

The best one is the one used by Germany, South Korea and the EU.

They are safe, the codes are tight and secure, ground built in support, and they can transfer highest amps possible betwwen the selections.

Why does the american socket look like a fucking sad face and why do I never see anyone making fun of it?
Has no one noticed it?

Attached: file.png (57x51, 7K)

>rely your life on something

Attached: index.jpg (229x220, 5K)

Attached: 1553464548570.jpg (628x534, 58K)

Holy shit, I never noticed that, it's soooo funny, user

Attached: 1548671755295.jpg (415x650, 61K)

Everyone in America has this out of their system by the end of elementary school. Everyone outside of America doesn't care, because even if America had the best and most aesthetic power socket, they'd still find something to bitch about.

Attached: 1547225482901.jpg (224x224, 12K)

Type I is objectively the best.
See how none of the others have a switch - that's because they don't require it, we mandate it.

Because most murkan sockets don't have ground, they look like Japan sockets.

Attached: mp550x550mattefffffft.3u2.jpg (462x550, 30K)

>[why] we haven't we all adopted it?
Logistically having every country agree on and then swap all of their outlets would be a big undertaking for a relatively minor gain in convenience. It makes more sense to have a standard among countries that are close to one another like in Europe but it would be hard to get everyone onto the same standard when there are already so many outlets in the world that would require replacing, the currents would have to be changed as well iirc (Not an electrician), and you would have to produce a ton of adapters for already existing electronics.

Think of it in terms of smartphone cables. You have a ton of people who are still on micro-usb, some on USB-C and others on the lightning connector. If you were going to charge a phone somewhere you'd have to hope someone would have the correct cable for your device. Now imagine this on a large scale.

aussie socket masterrace

>most murkan sockets don't have ground
Why is America so 3rd world?

Yep.
- Mandated switches
- Mandated ground
- if stepped on can be bent back unlike euro/israel which are hollow and if bent are broken
- if stepped on wont destroy you like UK
- doesn't require fuse due to dangerous ring circuits
- cheap to make
- mandated 1/2 pin insulation on active and neutral
- US/Canada circuits are only 15A/100-110v for 1500w MAX per circuit, where old Australian homes are 10A/240v for 2400W and modern homes are rated for 16A/230V for 3680W per circuit.

Even in backward china they benefit-
- china doesn't require insulated pins or switches but due to socket being upside down, only earth is exposed

Attached: 1468806685347.jpg (500x666, 101K)

Schuko with CEE 7/7 plug is the best

Sucko is shit.

mad ameritard or irrelevant country?

More like most used plug on earth.
Type I is now the now the most used, since China took it up.

What's the difference?

australia

Attached: scream.jpg (225x225, 6K)

North American is clearly the best

Attached: tucker carlson.jpg (598x746, 27K)

except it isn't.
>110v
>no switch
>no earth for 99.9999999999% of sockets
>10A max

Ok one has really good safety features.

Double insulation (Class II). PE wire isn't needed.

Attached: 1313605974345.jpg (358x249, 33K)

>110v
>10A max
Only a handful of large appliances need more than that, and we have separate 240V/20A outlets for that.

>no switch
Those exist, but not many people use them because who the fuck needs a switch on the wall?

Anything built past ~1960 has 3-prong outlets with a ground. Not every device is required to use 3-prong plugs, but that's not a fault in the outlet design.

that plug is bigger than an xbox

I have an adapter that only cost like 30$ and can plug into all of them, and have all of them plug into itself

Another here, well yeah like 99% standard EU, but personally thx to tom Scotts vid I prefer the British

Many appliances need more than that, only badly designed US appliances don't.
Kettle is 2200w... In US I'd have to wait 10-20 minutes for water to boil or use a microwave.
In a Civilized nation, I don't have to wait 10-20 minutes for water to boil at 1500w. 3 minutes is considered slow.

>110v
Usually 120, but I'll give you that one
>no switch
True too for most, but not all.
The vast majority are earthed. Ones without earth are usually only seen in country houses that haven't been renovated since the 60s
>10A max
15A, not 10A.
If you're trying to make an argument, at least try to be mostly factual.
All of that said, I personally think it's a pretty shit socket as well. I much prefer the british ones.

nobody uses electric kettles here, tea/coffee makers take like a few seconds to heat up
if you need to heat up an entire pan of water you just use the oven range or a microwave

People don't make tea over here as much as you, so kettles aren't common, we do have 240v outlets, I have a few in my kitchen and basement for my appliances (most american appliances use 240v outlets lol)

I was surprised when found that in US and UK (maybe in other lands too) they put stuff like fuses and differential breakers right in socket. Why not in switch box? Imagine how easier would be maintenance and repair.

Attached: waha-blue.png (574x574, 100K)

in UK we do both lmao

NEMA

That thing is gimmicky, unreliable, and only really good for disposable use.

>Standard that nobody uses
That makes it not a standard

I have literally never seen an american socket without ground.

>Things I read on the internet
That's something you'll only find in some really old houses.

I've been to EU a couple times and I've had EU sockets blow up usb adapters made for EU sockets while charging stuff

this. most uk/british plugs are autistically large.

Ground wire is bloat. Discuss.

you should only be able to use 3 wires if it is 3 phase.

why muricans dont have mandatory surge protectors like every other civilized country?
/thread

Because we're a first world country that produces clean power unlike you dirty power consuming europoors.

>[De Koning] explains why the 'War of Currents', just after almost two centuries, flares up again. This is mainly due to the need to make the surrounding environment more sustainable, required for the energy transition, and the circularization of the economy. Only in this way, CO2 emissions and the consumption of rare raw materials will be limited. That's why we 'go from oil, coal and gas' to 'all electric'.
>This will result in a strong growth in electricity consumption. This electricity must be generated as sustainably as possible, from sources such as the sun, wind and water. Not just decentralized by the end users, but also centrally from large solar fields on land and wind farms at sea. This electricity is exchanged internationally as DC over large distances at a high voltage level. With AC, far fewer distances can be covered and too much power loss would occur.
>This whole process is more efficient with DC, which is transformed and controlled by smart electronics and ICT. This did not exist at the time of the first AC/DC battle, but nowadays they do. As a result, we can now organize the generation and distribution of electricity differently and thus make it more sustainable."
Meh.

last time i checked, burning coal wasnt that much of a clean energy producing method.

It's hard to admit Italians can do rational things, but type L is clearly superior: simple, compact, cheap.

Attached: macrotel.jpg (924x924, 104K)

lmao europeeon education. imagine being this smug and having no idea what you're talking about

The swiss one is compact and the socket is recessed which makes it secure. I live in Japan now and their sockets are so shitty.

The italian one (EU plug) is the best imo. It's reversible, has 3 terminals and is not bulky.

Attached: superior_plug.jpg (300x300, 8K)

Absolutely no problem. Variable-frequency drive for motors. For everything else we already have switching power supplies.

>>no earth for 99.9999999999% of sockets
What are you even talking about are you from the 1950s?

Not to mention the standard breaker is 15A.