What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: l.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

physics just cant keep with apple technological innovation

faggot designers thinking they know more than actual engineers

Samshit beat them to it.

Attached: 1527393257649.png (1117x923, 744K)

Isn't this just Qi wireless charging? Shit's been out since 2008, what makes this special?

They wanted to reinvent it in a way that you could place the devices anywhere and it would still charge them. The problem was that it would require dozens of charging pads inside it, and it basically became a firehouse.

>create a microwave without the radiation shielding
>Somehow this was considered a good idea

> "wireless"
> huge wire connected to the back of the charger
true wireless charging when?

You can dig a hole on your desk, put the charger there, put wood on top and give it some work, connect the charger to the electricity and your phone will automatically charge when you put it on your desk. It's the same, but you don't see it and it feels wireless

They wanted to make it proprietary and failed.

>$140 billion in the bank to fund R&D
>can't design and engineer a decent wireless charger

What went right?

Attached: 1449915899821.jpg (800x600, 89K)

thermals, it was a fucking housefire. just like macbooks.

>"Tim, this wireless charging thing is overheating. but we can completely fix it by making it 1/4mm thicker"
>"SHUT IT DOWN"

this actually seems like a probable scenario based on how they're on their third iteration of broken butterfly keys when they could have easily fixed them by having slightly thicker keys

It's literally 24 overlapping charging coils laid on top of each other so you can put your phone anywhere and it will still charge. But all the coils interfere with each other and waste a ton of power while generating a ton of heat.

You don't need specific positions.

Physics said no.

>specific positions
>just put the phone on top of the charger, like when I put it on the desk but the charger is already there
What the fuck. There is literally no specific shit to do with wireless charging.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1550868038968.gif (500x491, 376K)

I feel like this is apples problem rn. They're focusing more on design than actual hardware, like way more than they used to. Honestly I feel like this is going to go poorly for them in the future considering people are growing more and more tech literate. Kids these day want more powerful machines not prettier ones.

Im honestly surprised they haven't tried replacing the whole keyboard woth a touchscreen panel yet. Sounds like something theyd do.

>AirPower
otherwise known as BRAAAAAP

Blame the shitty Qi standard you fucking morons.

It's a piece of shit that's shoddy and rarely works.

I have 2-3 Qi chargers and they're finicky as fuck. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and my shits not charged.

I blame the gooks.

Only if you light it on fire.

would have worked when Steve Apple was still alive

>Qi POS dont just werk 110% all the time
As opposed to Apples 'improvement' which burnt down the house while still leaving your battery flat?

At least they tried to make a surface that you can set down a device to charge on from corner to corner...

Why are you bitching? Go make the Qi standard better. it's garbage right now.

Qi works perfectly, you just have shit phones. Probably blame the gooks, yes. Next time go with a chinkshit.

It's a iPhone X you stupid nigger.

Phone is not a problem.

I have a $50 and $99 Qi quick charger and both DO NOT charge 100% of the time, unless you put it exactly in the spot it should go into.

I come home tired most of the time during the week and throw it on the charger and go to sleep, wake up and it's not charged.

That's not how good technology should be.

>iShit X
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1543364232048.png (1191x949, 125K)

>fagPhone
Found your problem.

>>Qi works perfectly, you just have shit phones
>It's a iPhone X you stupid nigger
pottery in motion

Imagine paying that much for a ishit turd and having issues. Meanwhile my xiaomeme charges perfectly on the wireless, it doesn't need any specific spots and I'm pretty sure it's even faster than wired.

>I have a $50 and $99 Qi quick charger and both DO NOT charge 100% of the time, unless you put it exactly in the spot it should go into.
Try using a real phone instead of a $200 piece of chinkshit marked up 500% to morons.

imagine being too retarded and lazy to connect an usb c cable to charge things and instead buying a radiation spewing literally glow in the dark device that save you maybe 2 second of time in your useless existence.

>buying
I got it with my phone.

literally what is the point of wireless charging if you have to attach the phone to some table? tht's literally worse than a cord.

i thought wireless charging was so i could lay in bed and use my phone with no attached cord, just near the outlet.

Attached: 1529202384910.png (747x1058, 755K)

apples whole airpower design was about being able to put your three apple devices (iphone, apple watch, airpods) anywhere on the mat and having them charge seamlessly to set it apart from regular wireless chargers where you need to hit a sweet spot

if you want to live in a microwave, sure

we already are with wifi and other connections and 5g

>A4tech could do it 12 years ago
>Logitech could do it a year ago
>Apple couldn't do it

>i thought
I hope nobody pays you for your thoughts... the return on investment would be microscopic

god i wish that were me

did you unironically want to lick that delicious ice creap off those silky smooth young asian feet while she stare at you like you are her obedient slave that will never taste anything over her things?
disgusting.

Wireless charging is a meme. My phone charges 0 to 60 in

Recently got an iPhone 8.

Been using this ikea charger with it. Works absolutely fine. I could even take off the wooden ring to sand and repaint it to my liking.

Attached: DHM_0482883_PE620488_S5_fullres_px.jpg (1867x1301, 1.06M)

>ishit
Found your problem.

I'm not reporting any problems.

You are wrong kiddo people stay the same

see

>This much butthurt

poorfags detected. can't afford iphones because they live in 3rd world shitholes.

Attached: Apple-macOS-Mojave-Preview-View-Sidebar.png (3052x1678, 3.09M)

t. street shitter

That's probably the oddest insult on Jow Forums

iPhones are mostly popular by white thots and upper class white people in the USA.

nigga, I wouldn't accept free iShit, let alone spend money on them. They're of no use to anyone except sheep and grandmas.

Tried to cram too many coils and exceeded FCC limits. In the end they couldn't find a workaround.

Apple has often taken a development strategy of making the hardware fit the form factor rather than the other way around. But they couldn't overcome the hurdles this time.

>This much butthurt

You do know that the GUI wouldn't exist without Apple's existence right?

X E R O X
E R O X X
R O X X E
O X X E R
X X E R O

Attached: 8-Star[1].jpg (333x283, 28K)

Do you even know the history of Xerox PARC and how they gave the GUI to Steve Jobs? Kek

You shouldn't be on Jow Forums

Go back to plebbit.

>It wouldnt exist if Steve hadn't invented it!
take your meds, tard

They ran out of wireless slots to add to the motherboard.

Attached: 43005e7fb7173f231caac66b2ff3e340.jpg (960x690, 191K)

You do know wireless charging doesn't exist without Apple existence, right? Its not Apples fault they failed to invent it this time around - why anyday now, someone will successfully invent wireless charging for Apple. Like all Apples other 'inventions'

Define "true wireless".

These have 10 mW power output. To charge your phone you'll need 5000 times more power, and that's without accounting for inefficiency of over the air power transmission. It still won't cook you but it will be radiating uncomfortable amounts of invisible microwave heat.

Except he isn't wrong on that subject...

It all comes down to that video where Steve Jobs talks about Xerox and how it became irrelevant because marketing people started to run the company

hes literally stated, 'The concept of the GUI didn't exist..' - until someone 'gave' Steve it. So basically, anything offered up as FACT on the subject till now has been provably and irredeemably Bullshit - that fact aside, carry on slurping the Kool Aid

based

>macshit
Found your problem.

Obviously not the same

cope

Can anyone even explain why wireless charging is something to be sought after? It seems like a fucking retarded meme, just plug your damn phone in, it takes literally 2 seconds. In what universe is wireless charging more convenient and desirable? I even see those wireless charging pads that kinda prop your phone up, just put a fucking USB C on the base of that thing and it achieves the exact same thing with greater reliability, am I missing something here? Seems fucking retarded

yeah, it exist

Or use a magnetic charger adapter like a boss

Instead of 2 seconds it's 0.2

BASED

ppl paying £25 for Qi chargers and shit, when they could be paying Apple $174.99 for their proprietary version. Do you understand -now-, how important that Apple invents wireless charging will be, all for the greater benefit of humanity ?

the concept is something that, before it became feasible, seemed like sci-fi tech out of fiction... I understand the appeal, but it's limitations are staggering, unless you're willing to risk a house fire or cancer...

sure, it exists today, but it's not really worth having at this point...

""Wireless" charging should be banned for phones. Complete waste of energy

Device charges from ambient static electricity or lightning strike.
That is true wireless.
That or it charges when I turn on EasyListening FM

based and satania pilled

not the same,They wanted to create a pas filled with as many coils as possible to make the sweet spot bigger, at the same time they also needed it to be qi, and i watch compatible.

Physics defeated apple.

Wireless charging, no SD card, no jack slot = complete sealing of the phone, if course you can't repair it, but it can be actually waterproof. Not like I want it for myself, I'm happy with my non certified phone.

Yes fishes need phones too.

nothing, apple is great!

Attached: applel0.png (1920x1807, 2.06M)

How the fuck would you post selfies while scuba diving, moron?

literally not the same thing at all.
Samshit can only support 2 things at a time, AirPower was supposed to do 3. Samshit makes you focus on aligning the devices just right whereas with AirPower you can just plop anything anywhere and have it work.

No, they didn't. It would've just been a standard Qi pad but with a huge sweetspot.

Neither could anyone else

>literally what is the point of wireless charging if you have to attach the phone to some table?
cables don't fray if they don't move.
also it's way more convenient to just put it down and have it immediately start charging than it is to use it while it's plugged in.
also you're less likely to bend the connector while your phone is plugged in

>literally what is the point of wireless charging if you have to attach the phone to some table? tht's literally worse than a cord.
Are you implying that non-wireless charged phones defy gravity? Floating around the air? You still have to set down your phone to charge it. The biggest advantage imo is not wearing out the USB connector. Also it is easier to answer a call if there's no cord attached.

I am pretty sure that charging contact pads were already being done back in like 2014 or before.

>Samshit makes you focus on aligning the devices just right whereas with AirPower you can just plop anything anywhere and have it work.
The difference is that the samshit is physically feasible and actually exists.

Attached: angry red-eyed wojak.jpg (622x757, 83K)

Induction pads for power transfer is a lot older concept than that. And by concept I mean actual working devices.

Steve Jobs