How to find a good smartphone?

/o/ has this guide on things to look for when buy used cars, but Jow Forums has nothing for smartphones.
What should one look for when buying a used phone to make sure they aren't buy crap?

Also, sears is selling S8s for $240. Good deal?

Attached: S8_PHOTOS.144.jpg (1500x994, 801K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sears.com/samsung-sams864blkunl-b-samsung-galaxy-s8-64gb-gsm-unlocked/p-A036554562?sid=IDx20110310x00001i&gclid=CjwKCAjwp_zkBRBBEiwAndwD9ad3xCdJfbq2Kln_FAxu7ypQL7SYPkBSRbh-NGZQm5dfvdLgPZgM3xoCa4sQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It depends on your use
Me, I need a good battery and 4g
The rest is details

Unfortunately, you can't replace the battery of the S8... People who use their phones a lot might still find good use out of an S8, even if it's behind the latest android os.

>smartphone
>good

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>back to /b/

Pretty much the only thing you'd be worried when getting an used phone would be the battery, since they degrade over time and with use and other than that I'd oworry about how it looks, if the screen is cracked or scratched. But those are cheap to replace and repair. Also if you have a chance, turn on the phone and make sure it doesn't ask for an account when setting it up, if it does it's highly likely it's been stolen and you won't be able to use it without the password.
I have an s8, and it's great, I'd say if you have no idea of what to look for in a phone you can't go wrong here.

>Unfortunately, you can't replace the battery of the S8...
What? Yes you can. In fact if it's still on warranty Samsung does a free replacement and they also replace your screen too. You can't replace it yourself if that's what you mean, since it's not removable

>even if it's behind the latest android os
The s8 literally just got android 9 (pie). Its probably the last major update the phone will get, but still

Actual advice on Jow Forums? whoa
If the battery is true then my friend is an idiot.

Latest one he could get installed is nogate.

Here is the sears link btw. sears.com/samsung-sams864blkunl-b-samsung-galaxy-s8-64gb-gsm-unlocked/p-A036554562?sid=IDx20110310x00001i&gclid=CjwKCAjwp_zkBRBBEiwAndwD9ad3xCdJfbq2Kln_FAxu7ypQL7SYPkBSRbh-NGZQm5dfvdLgPZgM3xoCa4sQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Do I like it, Jow Forums?

Smartphone guides don't age very well. Go to /spg/, tell them your budget, carrier, etc.

will do thx

Looks good to me, if you really want it just go for it. By the description it seems to have some scratches on the screen and a little burn in, but you can replace the screen and battery all at once if it bothers you.
If you can't update to android 9 use Odin on your computer and flash the update. Use Google and find a tutorial, there's hundreds of them

Oh hey not a bad idea! Might as well, since I don't have a warranty.

Also, is /spg/ just a joke or what is it?

It's a general. Sometimes they're helpful, most of the time they are just shilling cheap chink phones. Doesnt hurt to ask, maybe they can find something better for the price. I wouldnt recommend a chink phone over a former flagship like the s8, even if it's brand new, but that's up to personal preference

For sure. I'm just looking for a large screen, good battery, and good camera for a cheap price. $300 is not cheap, but I'm willing to go to that price.

Attached: pepeHelp.jpg (527x527, 35K)

S8 is pretty big, s8+ would be a better option for you, since it's bigger and has a bigger battery too, but it would probably exceed your budget even used. Maybe a Xiaomi note would be good if you don't mind the notch

Oh, about the camera, nothing beats Samsung or Google pixel

I get around 8 hours of SOT with my year old S8 and the camera is nice. The S8/9+ would be better if you want a big screen and more battery though. The screen curves are retarded by the way.

It is an S8+, and 64gigs, too. I pride myself in not being a complete brainlet when it comes to these things.

Wait, what is better overall: Galaxy S8 orXiaomi Redmi Note 5?

real gentooman don't need a phone GTFO normie

no u

S8 has an amoled screen, 4gb of ram, and better processor and camera. Note 5 has better battery and 3gb of ram

S8, all the note 5 has to offer, but on a flagship level and then some more.