Just got back from Frys

The place is a ghost town, when will they hold a liquidation sale?

Attached: 1550267780886.jpg (500x500, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/FLKI5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do they sell used thinkpads

computer component stores have always been ghost towns

they refuse to get on the chinkshit ship

im not paying 20 bucks for a 2 dolla cable

MicroCenter is always bustling.

>do you happen to know the time?

Im such a fucking autistic faggot.

>we match internet prices
Neat, but unless you beat them why would I get off my ass

With spics who don't know how to buy things on the internet.

i knew Fry's was about to go bankrupt a while ago. that store was dead for a few years now

Shouldn't you better internet prices if I have to drive to your store and get it?

I gotta ask, what's with the Mexican theme?

If for some reason you want to physically inspect the item before purchase.

This is a phoenix arizona location, apparently each store is unique and different (just the outside my guess?)

Support local economy
Easier returns
Faster delivery

not really, because you get your product as soon as you buy it.

we need to protect fry's at all cost

>used to be a worker at the PC repair section of Fry's
Management fucking sucks there. Other workers were cool, but we had no real tools, some of us brought our own equipment, and had to beg to use anything on the floor

I've never seen a Fry's in my life.

was it a life worth living?

Where you live? They're only in nine states and half the total stores they have are in California.

Pennsylvania and I just checked, none of their stores are further east than Indiana.

>they refuse to get on the chinkshit ship
Good.

Fry's are in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Illinois, Indiana, and Georgia. So yeah if you live in the Northeast they're just something you read about in a book.

Sure wish there was a Fry's near me!

Buying stuff online is totally retarded.

Attached: e9eab4bc1d1a9e17bb6b719770d9006a--grumpy-cat-meme-hilarious-memes-grumpy-cat(1).jpg (613x540, 47K)

>liquidation
At most, they'll just close some of the underperforming stores that are in areas that already have a Fry's that's doing better.

Seeing as microcenter matches web prices it's not that big a deal. Sure local sales tax but with the option to immediately swing back if a component is bad or you realize you forgot something. Nothing is more shitty than building a new PC and then realizing you forgot some thermal paste or a cooling component. If you go web only you'll be fuming for a week.

Attached: no_u.jpg (640x454, 31K)

yeah the one by me is a UFO

Attached: CIMG0422.jpg (2048x1536, 440K)

Inside they have weird themed sections too. At least the one on the north side of LA did.

imgur.com/gallery/FLKI5

Attached: nSnCISk.jpg (1000x750, 113K)

One by me has the Space Shuttle.

>he can't wait a week

Attached: 1539610754965.png (2352x916, 414K)

Yea...that's usually how it is. It's like Christmas. You got all the cool toys....and the parents forgot buy batteries.

Attached: cf63f810f52c749b53717d5bb45c39ba.jpg (400x445, 99K)

Harder for alphabet soup agencies to intercept your packages and track you for showing political dissent.

>showing political dissent.
You mean calling Israel an apartheid state online?

I'm in North Carolina, we don't have this store or microcenter, or hell really any store I can think of like this anymore. Closest was Compusa but I had to go over to Charlotte(in a smaller town west of it) when that was around but that was RIP many years ago. I would also get parts at computer shows that would show up in Charlotte like the Market Pro one. I don't think those are a thing either anymore.

This is my local austin texas one.

Attached: austin_pic1.jpg (500x500, 50K)

Why did they waste so much money on their brick and mortars?

The virgin Fry's vs the chad microcenter.

Hello fellow Phoenixonian
Fry's electronics is awesome, not many stores like it that have everything electronics. I love it.

When you walk in a place that looks like that you know you are paying some serious mark-up.

Mine doesn't even have a guest wifi, it's for demo products only. What a shitshow
>70364026
Mine is Atlantis themed

Samepersoning much?

Attached: IMG_0461.jpg (744x858, 329K)

I'm just doing it to emphasis my point.

Frys always beats internet prices, as long as its a legit website and not an Amazon vendor page you set up yourself

>Wanting public WiFi
Are you poor or stupid?

20mins drive vs. 5-7 business days + shipping and handleing

they are decent for when you really need electronic parts.

you can drive to the store and pick up your product today. if you buy online you have to wait like a cuck

bwahahaha no. Frys always has much higher prices unless its a sale.

it's amazing how they are able to keep the power on in that huge building. I went there about two weeks ago to buy a bluray movie that I wanted to own and there was like two copies and both of them looked like they had been run the fuck over with a car, scratches all over the slip cover, no slip cover. they cant even keep their inventory intact.

Which Fry's location is this?

Phoenix Arizona

Just FYI, your one man effort to shut this company down via Jow Forums isn't going anywhere.

Attached: 1551632913212.jpg (519x557, 64K)

frys internet defense force is here

You have to sleep eventually.

Attached: waitingforyou.png (750x722, 572K)

Hahah, yeah. Man, i wish i had parents like that. I wish i had a mother and that my father wasn't poor, haha, nice, i can imagine that hypothetical situation just right

what the FUCK is sitting up there??

Attached: 2019-03-31-1553999265_49x52_.png (49x52, 4K)

they do, but they make it really inconvenient .
I had a clerk try to convince me not to price match .

a professional owl, lots of businesses have them

fake owl to scare birds away from nesting up there

An orly

Attached: orly.jpg (877x629, 60K)

Attached: 1179349365157.jpg (1368x604, 330K)

what happened to bird - o

wait they match amazon prices? I need to go back there again

Awesome building.

You don't want to know. Seriously you don't.

Try to return a defective part. Worse than dealing with the DMV.

And their faggy checkout process. Oy vey!

Used to work at the Nevada one for a year and a half. They dont price match because salesmen lose all commission on it. And the price match has to be a verified vendor like Walmart, Amazon, etc. Management is fucking ass.

Honestly, its only worthwhile for just getting computer components, appliances, and maybe TVs.

their klipsch deals are pretty good

Fry's is dying. It's a damn shame but I don't see them surviving their current decline.

Stopped going to that one because of how passive aggressive the cashiers were. Ask some questions about stuff and they flip into Hindi in front of you and generally rude. Then I discovered microcenter and haven't been back in a very long time.

this
pajeets at my store.

Got to agree with this. The one microcenter in my state is right smack in the middle of the most wetback town in the state.

The last CompUSA we had all of a sudden became little fucking India about the last couple of years it was open.

Needless to say, I stopped buying shit from big box tech stores years ago before they all went under. I would just occasionally visit one, time to time for shits and giggles. Why in the flying fuck would I want to buy at a big box, when online I can get it 50% cheaper, or used off fleabay?

Dont worry too much, This time of Year is the slowest for electronic stores. It wont really pick back up until the school year ends.

That being said it is a tough market. Hell even BestBuy started selling Motherboards and shit in-store. Gotta Revamp or gtfo these days.

The one time I tried to do that, their internet conveniently crapped out when I asked them to price match off amazon, I wasn't even trying to use marketplace prices, it was sold by amazon.

nah dude Frys is done, I've been going for 20 years back when they would have the amd 32xp / ecs motherboard combo deals. It didn't matter what time of the day or what day of the week it was packed. Now there might be 50 people in the store on Saturdays

pic related my local store, it has a bad air conditioner and when its 100+ degrees outside its 85 degrees inside

Attached: 2273110900_4c7e444126_b.jpg (1024x768, 267K)

You mean a 20 minute drive vs a 10 second walk to my front door.

>wanna buy electronic components
>wait 3 weeks for china shipping
>or pay 30x markup just because it's already inside the country

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (781x739, 595K)

>Be me, at work bored as fuck
>"need to go to frys boss, pick up some shit here is the total cost" (one nearby was 10 mins away)
4 hours later I bought shit, put some to be picked up to sent to main HQ for guys up there. Paid by the hour, do this once every 2-3 weeks. Fuck yes.
>Note: already made business location an amazon prime spot & had CC already cleared for shipping to it.
I'm not lazy nor stupid. I just like working the system.

I knew that store was done when it changed from the Moonbase theme to.
.. a golf course theme.

Retail was "it" before the internet, and the fall of the econ. With lower consumer spending, rising costs (including the ungodly rent factor x staffing for retail), etc. retail stores have smaller spaces to work with and so less selection of products compared to the internet along with those higher costs that pass onto the consumer. Paying more to get less with more effort in a world with instant gratification at your finger tips on a smartphones with cheaper prices is not as appealing. Experiences will always be a thing, but people shop online now. Soon once they move everyone to walled cities with limited transportation between them we'll just be shopping online, and getting it droned to our door. Eliminating even more of the human factor with our only news of the outside being official, curated channels which we do everything, but with more distractions and instant pleasure than before thus nullifying any rebellion. The future is now.