>fucking give in and buy one
>the scsi drive dies
>scsi to sd device cost a hundred dollars for some fucking reason
>the crt stops working
>throws it into the trash
>life is better

Attached: plus.jpg (400x300, 19K)

those youtube channels make it look so fun and easy u_u

ya, at least the 8 bit guy was honest about how much of a pain in the ass these things are. apple products arent built to last. especially over 30 fucking years. plus dumb ass ebayers,

That's...how computers work.

they do work that way, but these computer work in a special fuckin way to where you could tap them wrong and they turn to a fine dust.

>implying those applel products worked any better when new

lol

>I want to maintain a retro computer. The parts are cheap and plentiful.
>Apple is easy to reapir
>Jobs didn't want them to even have a fan
You did this to yourself

Attached: 124.jpg (1920x820, 167K)

dont beat me while im down

>apple shit
It was never good. Pick up a nice Sun or SGI machine if you want a comfy retro workstation. The parts are expensive and proprietary but when they work they work well and for a long time.

Attached: 1496286739894.png (960x652, 711K)

Or an Amiga. Massive community of hard core users

If there's repair manuals for the thing I. The same era as the computer was popular, it's not a good retro starting computer.
>dead mac scrolls.
If manuals were that plentiful back then, be prepared to be doing repair work

Attached: 1513569198612.gif (500x282, 949K)

>SGI clowncomputer
How is this exactly comfy? What kind of games can you even play on those trash compactors? Why would you want a retro workstation when you can only do real work for the real world on something far newer? I mean, the OS is pretty cool, but what the hell would you do besides fuck with that for a while before you get bored? You can get more raw horsepower from a salvaged thinkpad than you could from that crap. Intel integrated is more of a gpu workhorse than ancient ati dinosaur gpus, and having a shitload of ram is lame when it goes slower with slower response times than a fucking modern nvme ssd.

The Plus didn't have an internal hard disk, shitty bait.
Braindead "I read an article about Apple making something bad once" retard bait.
Braindead tryhard bait.

Attached: 1539418757017.png (200x200, 55K)

Learn to use LATeX.

>macshit
Found your problem.

>scsi to sd device cost a hundred dollars for some fucking reason

Yeah. Fuck these retro hardware interface makers for not doing things for warm fuzzies.

>SGI
>ATI graphics
it's funny how butthurt /vr/ hipsters get over shit they know literally nothing about
go back to your shitty childhood nostalgia board if you don't know how to program or appreciate proper technology

I run a Quadra 950 that required recapping and a full over haul. As did an LC II with a PSU recapping. The AIO Mac's are well known for their failures and OP should've done his research before buying and then tossing

Attached: u_fooly_M8.gif (500x368, 933K)

I haven't really had any problems with any of the compacts I have, but regardless, OP's post never happened because his story is bullshit, even if it did he's a retard and everything that happened to him was his fault when he could have just as easily gotten an SE or Classic that takes a regular ADB keyboard/mouse set.

Those are post Jobs influence. Plus wasn't. You're absolutely right though in regards to ADB.
OP, just use a Mac emulator and leave the hardware for people who actually give a fuck

Jobs was already gone for a year when the Plus was released, mine all work fine.

Influence was there. SE was past his influence. As was the II series

Could have sold it as not working / parts only, got some money for it, and helped out someone else with a broken one.

To elaborate a bit. Plus doesn't have a fan. Yours will work fine unless it sees constant use. Eventually it overheats and solder joints break. SE added a fan

>thinking a fa/g/got would consider doing something beneficial

>it's open sores and the BOM runs like ten bucks
Huh. I think I just found some new revenue.

The classic macs were beautiful because on top of having a pretty design, they were way ahead PCs software-wise. Go to archive.org, computer mag section, and relive the horrors of PCs in the 90s versus Macs. That said, OP is your typical hipster retard who spends money on a wolkswagen T2 van because he's dead inside, while wiser anons drive wolkswagen T6 with power steering, air conditioning, sound isolation and you know, comfy goodies. The discriminator here is not money, but smarts. The next level of idiocy for rich white males who are dead inside is "writing instruments". They have literal heart attacks if they have to use a BIC pen to scribble "buy tickets for lohengrin" in their moleskine notebooks.

I wanted to try and find a Windows 98 Beige box to fix up but people on ebay charge hundreds for any old shit.

Honestly Im just hoping I will run into a charity shop selling something, I was also tempted to get a G3 iMac but I suspect it would be more effort than its worth.

That"s why you should've stuck with retro keyboards like the IBM etc, heck even the rubber ball mice are decent if you have meaty wrists to deal with the pain caused by it.
Buying old computers like pic related is risky as fuck i reckon.

Attached: 1553906021211.gif (500x491, 376K)

>do something you don't enjoy
>bitch about it
HAHAHAHAHA RETARDS BTFO

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>rich white males
t. upper middle-class white kid

OP, you are missing the point. Dealing with the fussy little issues is part of the hobby.
Old computers need a bit more care and attention before you can experience the awesomeness that was 8- or 16-bit computing.

If you just want the experience without the pain in the ass, then you should fire up an emulator instead.

glorified pcb isn't worth $100

ya its mainly a story bro, my Macintosh boots perfectly fine and i could get the misc i need at good will if i check regularly. they wouldn't make good starting machines. i have used many others in the past

If you don't have any electronics skills, have never held a soldering iron, then stick to emulators.

Also, there were better models from that era like the SE/30.

I have an LCIII and an SE/30. Recapped them both, overclocked the LCIII. Got ethernet on both. They can be quite fun to play with. I got them because I played with them as a kid. Thats why I also know which model to buy, but you had no idea and bought a dud. Hipster dufus!.