Why dont people talk about "professional" software here?

why dont people talk about "professional" software here?
maya/max, autocad, adobe tools, vegas, frooty loops, serato/traktor and their FOSS alternatives?
does nobody here have jobs or hobbies that they use technology to pursue?
the most i ever see is people talking about audacity or gimp, which should be default installs in your OS installation if you have half a brain

Attached: autocad.jpg (832x1162, 42K)

>inb4 programming

AutoCAD is fucking garbage, but the standard for civil engineers.
If you want to get hired, you have no way around it.
I'm glad I only had to work with it for one semester.
It's surprising how much money you can make with garbage code as long as it's specialized enough.
The FOSS alternatives were even worse, though. So even the lack of retarded DRM (Remove that network card from your device? No, you don't get to use the program anymore, you filthy customer!) couldn't save them.

Why would there be any discussion of professional software when nobody on Jow Forums has a job?

so alternative for autocad?

I had to use that piece-of-shit MATLAB for a signal processing course. "Professional" software, never again!

wow. lots of bitching, but absolutely no suggestions for what your opinion of 'tier' software is... \(-.-)/

what is the point of talking about pro software? it's boring as shit.

I attempted to use freecad, since it was available in the package repositories I had configured anyway, but it didn't work out.

>tier
Who are you quoting?

so how do you do batch publishing in freecad?

I know how to use Freecad and Openscad, I guess it is fine

What part of "it didn't work out." do you not understand?

It couldn't even open the (AutoCAD) files supplied by the chair.

>menstion freecad that did not work out.
>so what the alternative?

I ended up using AutoCAD after all after fixing the DRM problem.

I use Adobe shit professionally. FL-studio and Vegas as a hobby (though still commercially as it makes money)

I love all of it. Sony should have kept Vegas though, Magix is such a joke company

Attached: 1493863764144.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Honestly, don't listen to the FOSS communist. If you need windows and win32 applications, then use windows. If you need Linux and one of it's many FOSS apps, then use Linux. Don't fall for the meme and just use free software because some neckbeard on a forum told you to, use it because it us optimal for your needs.

I use arch on a thinkpad because it's lightweight, saves on battery, and I do a lot of C programming which Linux supports the best. I also own a windows desktop for gaming and musician work because steam is amazing and I love fruity loops. Choose what works best for you, it doesn't matter if people call you a "brainlet" because you're still getting work done in a satisfying matter.

God, I remember the days of Autocad 11. Fuuuck that.

I use Photoshop, that's about the only thing "pro" I use. That's just for a bit of touchup on my photos like if the exposure was incorrect. I also use it the most for shopping shit and posting it on here.

Attached: Car.jpg (1651x1100, 862K)

because there isn't much to talk about with them. Most fields have a couple programs that are clearly the best and most powerful. A lot of professional applications have the same issues- bloat, DRM, and fetishization of the "cloud" making it impossible to use your expensive ass software without an internet connection.

what does this have to do with the OP?

>maya/max
If /3/ isn't capable of actually talking about the actual qualities of the software when they're literally having pro-autodesk company wars at the time, why would you expect to find that on Jow Forums?

Just my personal experience with Jow Forums hard on for Foss. It relates in that he's asking in a sort of round about way, why does Jow Forums only talk about foss

bricscad/librecad/freecad

Always been a Drafsight user. Switched to Autocad LT last year because of the amount of bugs in r2018.

Good thing about Draftsight. It was free. R2019 just came out, and now they've also moved to the subscription tiers. Fucking cunts.

/3/ are probably only people who have FOSS pro alternative. Even proper foss movie editors aren't available.

So according tot you AutoCAD is shit but all alternatives are worse?

it's free instead of the high licensing fees that the big boys charge

>have to use AutoCAD
>have to use CadnaA
>have to use Word and Excel
>have to use Premiere

no freedom for me in this life, staying with Win7 is the best thing I can do

Attached: DontBeMean.webm (1280x642, 2.77M)

The alternatives didn't work in my use case, since they weren't able to read the provided files.
If that is worse for you, depends on you. It's definitely worse than the "fun" we all had with .doc files in the past.
I'm simply glad I probably won't come into contact with CAD for the rest of my life, but who could claim that for sure?

I mostly dislike AutoCAD, because of its retarded DRM mechanisms (I have a proper license), and since it doesn't provide anything that would justify making such a big deal of it.
I do realize telling that to someone, that has memorized all the keyboard shortcuts and can draw up whatever he likes in the blink of an eye, is no use. The software has become part of his own body. To tell him that it's not perfect is practically a personal insult to him.

If it works for you, that's great. Make use of it.

>why dont people talk about "professional" software here?
because Jow Forums is full of unemployed losers who have never contributed anything useful to society

>Autocad is shit
>All other free ones are shit

Then what are you comparing autocad to?