Jokes on you because this shit is beautiful and nice

jokes on you because this shit is beautiful and nice

Attached: 1200px-ReactOS_logo.svg.png (1200x662, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jira.reactos.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/CORE-12695
youtube.com/watch?v=nVK33lI6Km0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4bircrQtg
youtube.com/watch?v=MPjqk9H2MTo
youtube.com/watch?v=OYraUZObp0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Driver_Model
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Driver_Frameworks
reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_Driver_Model
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sir you need to install windows 10

beautiful but unusable
less stable than win95
no software, hardware or driver support

I don't think anybody around here dislikes it, it just needs more time.

it won't be relevant until it supports at least win7 or win10 drivers and modern hardware

its from the early 2000 if im not mistaken..
its basically a russian botnet

>clinging to an obsolete paradigm
All things Windows are dying.

>russian botnet
It's FOSS comrade. Almost supports full win7 compatibility and XP SP2.

Attached: 1553453875162.jpg (544x604, 68K)

It's a windows drop in replacement and would set back a lot of shady groups out to get your information.

Yes it works great in a Virtual Machine in Windows or Linux

this vs loonix+wine

Not even then.
jira.reactos.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/CORE-12695

Crashes every hour or so

How is the driver support? Will I have working wifi and directx? Can I use standard Windows drivers downloaded from the hardware manufacturer?

>How is the driver support?
A what what?

>Will I have working wifi and directx?
No and no

>Can I use standard Windows drivers downloaded from the hardware manufacturer?
That's a nice sense of humour you've got there

Last I used it, really basic GUI functionality was missing. E.g. file manager instances didn't auto-refresh in response to file operations. It also didn't have any native support for the virtualbox guest ethernet driver, making it impossible to install anything on it without using shared storage or, god forbid, putting your system at risk by booting an unfinished OS on bare metal.

Im sure it has its use, but right now it needs some work.
But sure, id happily recommend it over XP for some specific use cases, ie old CNC machine that runs XP and needs internet connection for some reason. Given that reactos supports whatever serial drivers are needed, and i think they support some most basic things

React is a very cool project but it's basically useless if you aren't trying to replace an ancient version of Windows. Most of its Windows compatibility is just ported from Wine.

Thanks for the answers, looks like a cool project but not complete enough for me.

>it just needs more time.

I remember getting hyped about it in 2004.
It's 2019 now.

Attached: 1540922753431.gif (342x342, 777K)

I started to learn programming just to contribute to ROS
I want to make ROS's equivalent of directx but that is just too far away from me right now.

Attached: 1474487095588.png (303x303, 161K)

>directx
OGL gets better performance. Directx set us back so fucking far.

I'm looking forward to when it becomes a usable OS, assuming it will at some point, even if the development at this stage is as slow as molasses.

>I want to make ROS's equivalent of directx but that is just too far

This is unnecessary. ReactOS already handles Direct3D -> OpenGL translation with Wine code.

ROS can already handle plenty of DirectX games now because of that:
youtube.com/watch?v=nVK33lI6Km0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4bircrQtg
youtube.com/watch?v=MPjqk9H2MTo
youtube.com/watch?v=OYraUZObp0E

What ReactOS needs most in the context of gaming is improvements in its equivalents to Windows Driver Model (WDM) for 98/ME/2000/XP drivers and Windows Driver Frameworks (WDF) for 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 drivers. In other words you want the user to be able to install and make use of the latest GeForce/Radeon drivers for Windows XP, 7 or 10 onto ReactOS. ReactOS has a ReactOS Driver Model, which still needs a lot more work for improved driver compatibility, but does not have a ReactOS Driver Frameworks yet which is needed for newer (post-XP) drivers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Driver_Model
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Driver_Frameworks
reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_Driver_Model

ReactOS needs simultaneous multithreading (SMT) and Physical Address Extension (PAE) support. There's been some work on them but they're not ready.

Of course there's always work to be done on core Win32 API components which would benefit program compatibility for both Wine and ReactOS, so if you're not interested in low-level driver/kernel stuff there's always that.

>year 2062
>quantum computers that fit in your pocket and are powered by body heat are the norm
>running Windows 23, macOS 10.127 and ubuntu 62.04
>reactOS still hasn't reached version 1.0 yet
>quantum Jow Forums/g be like "it just needs more time guys"

Attached: 1537387340868.jpg (667x350, 33K)

>OGL gets better performance. Directx set us back so fucking far.
Intel integrated graphics made before 2010 didn't support OGL 2.0+, and ATI cards made before 2007 weren't as well optimized for OGL 2.0+ as they were for D3D9 (DX9.0c).

>it just needs more time.
They will laugh. But as soon as graphics drivers work it will be supremely functional.

The only missing component that would make it usable even with broke-dick USB is functional GPU drivers and Vulkan support.

Attached: BLOCK100.[jJ][pP][gG].jpg (772x960, 111K)

Now that's interesting.
ROS is full of things to work into
Still I just prefer dx

Attached: 1476981130932.jpg (221x247, 21K)

There's no reason to use this over wine unless you have hardware that absolutely needs windows drivers

>clone of a proprietary OS
>has to be reverse engineered through shitty time consuming black box testing or MS will deploy their lawyer army
>significant funding has only been flowing in for less than a decade
>wow wtf why is it taking so long

Linux/wine runs more stuff, but can't run things like windows drivers
If you want to play games, use wine
If you want to run a CNC or something, maybe consider reactos

stay mad Yuri

wait until you see windows 7 on ASIC based system

Ironically ReactOS is, for me, one of the most interesting open source projects in existence.

Attached: ReactOS RAM.jpg (1024x768, 173K)