Imagine literally not using spacemacs in 2019

imagine literally not using spacemacs in 2019

Attached: SpacemacsHomescreen.png (993x540, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/remacs/remacs
youtube.com/watch?v=PeVQwYUxYEg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd rather not use an editor that has a bus factor = 1

Can I also get one bic mac please?

Attached: 984785678467841.jpg (720x540, 29K)

>take the worse things from vim
>take the worse things from emacs
>put them into a bloated piece of crapware
lmao kys op

I just need vi on emacs not vim. I'll stay with evil-mode.

Don't use it in a terminal please. Use the emacsclient and attach to it with the GUI version.

Okay. I've attempted using spacemacs a few times now. I stopped using it for 2 years. Ctrl+g vs [ESC]. And I can't figure out how to open a project
Literally how is it this poorly documented to open a project

whats a bus factor = 1

Attached: 1544395397139s.jpg (125x70, 1K)

I've used vim for 20 years, how do I learn spacemacs? I understand they have the same basic keys but I don't know what replaces all my vim plugins.

it means if one person gets hit by a bus, the project dies because no one can take it over.

There's literally no point. Emacs users used to say it's Vim with a better scripting language (Emacs Lisp) but that's no longer the case since you can script Vim using Python.

>that's no longer the case since you can script Vim using Python.
Elisp is still way better as an extension language, since it works uniformly on every platform Emacs runs on.

The way I understand it.... Is Spacemacs just Emacs with some quality of life improvements and vim keybinds?
If I already have a lot of things set up with emacs, should I even bother with spacemacs?

As far as i know syl is working on improving that

Likely most of your vim plugins usage will be covered when you get the layer you need. To read about what it can do read the docs online or in spacemacs spc h spc layer-name.
Unless you're using an exceptionally esoteric vim plugin spacemacs should have you covered out of the box
But use the development branch

Upstream has the same problem. There's a dev working on Ganoo emacs who's the sole expert on one crucial part of the codebase. He has said he's been looking to step down from the project for months now but still hasn't found anybody willing to take up his role.
No newbie should bother with this boomerware.

remacs to the rescue! github.com/remacs/remacs

Is there a noticeable difference in performance or other with remacs?

AFAIK remacs is still a work in progress. Their progress page says that they've finished 600 functions out of 800 something.

Imagine not using kakoune in 2019

Imagine not writing your own init file

Which part? The display engine?

prelude is better

>you can script Vim using Python
How is p*thon (a language vim isn't written in, so you still have to write C and recompile to make any significant changes to vim) a better language for configuring vim than elisp is for configuring emacs? Seems like you haven't used emacs at all.

imagine using spacemacs when doom emacs exists. L M F A O.

Attached: 10ov5qz.jpg (3841x2160, 524K)

@70383483
Imagine using some random kid's config files with every little detail pre-planned for you.
Just install VSCode.

My Spacemacs config file is highly customized, faggot.

I don't doubt that it is highly customized by the random kid who made spacemacs.

Bus factor = M/N, where N is the number of developers and M is the number of necessary ones.

What is this, a picture for ants?

Explain me why should I use spacemacs rather than vim

Looks good to be honest

just use mg spacemacs too bloated

Can use elisp?

Too much bloat. Last time I tried, the startup time was horrible.

Just setup Emacs on your own.

why would you use the terminal, shit has input delay and is worse performing compared to dedicated window

Spacemacs is good for vimmers, not for me.

Probably the most useless bike shedding I've seen in a while.

Today I found about F10 and customization under options

Why evil and not viper?

Attached: 1523336729860.png (549x560, 258K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PeVQwYUxYEg

>using spacemacs with emacs -nw
does it have like 30% of its original functionality?

This. People often like to forget that you can use languages other than Vimscript to extend it (including Python and Ruby, and probably more in the future).
That said, it still doesn't match the level of integration Emacs Lisp has.

>you still have to write C and recompile to make any significant changes to vim)
No you don't.

Vim is bloated beyond recovery and python as an extension is retarded

>bloat
Irrelevant. Emacs is way more bloated.
No, it's not a meme, just admit it is.

>No, it's not a meme
Give up the meme, vim is more bloated with its shell and thousand programming language extensions.

Attached: onlymedsineed.jpg (245x200, 8K)

Emacs is just a lisp interpreter, the text editor and the rest is just lisp code. Vim is a VimL interpreter, python interpreter, ruby interpreter...

Vim is not even a good interpreter at it

@70386688
Yes, you do. You can't change core vim functionality without making modifications to the source code, which necessarily involves recompiling your program in this case.