Is there anyway for average non-American CS student to pull over $100k from his job...

Is there anyway for average non-American CS student to pull over $100k from his job? I fucking envy American programmers just for their salary

Attached: 1538313644292.jpg (780x879, 585K)

Just be NEET

Wherever the salary is high, the cost of living is proportionally higher.

This. Most of the US entry level programmers start in the 55k-70k range. Only in high cost of living cockroach and homeless filled shitholes is it 90-120k

this

Shhh

Which is why remote work is godly. I'm bout to get California poverty line salary (120k) in South East Asia where average salary is 20k.

This. My government paid me to get an education. I bought my first apartment within 2 months of graduation and my salary isn't even good compared to others in my field. So what if I don't make $150k/year? I have worked for 2 years and I am basically set.

I wanna fug lain in the eth0

I'm starting 100k in the Midwest. Great deal desu.

>med student
>get into conversation with some other student
>he says he has to study 24/7 but is managing perfect grades
>was quite impressed, asked him what he studies
>tells me "computer science"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his degree being hard
>turns out he was
>instantly Iose respect for him

l assume there's a few cs students on here, so I'm actually curious. Do you guys actually think your degree is difficult or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could do it?

Attached: med.jpg (426x463, 39K)

do not lewd the lain

Attached: 1523220433116.png (619x573, 182K)

Anyone with half a brain knows that cs is a joke Major. Disregard anyone who believes otherwise

t. cs student

But being a doctor is literally easier than coding in python. Now if you're a surgeon that's completely different.

Nah
Even being a nurse is way harder than getting a CS degree m8

Now you're just Talking out of ur ass

Lain a cute. CUTE.

Lol no, nursing and general doctors is literally just memorization almost zero critical thinking involved. And RNs now essentially just administer medicine and take vitals lol

weird, never thought id see strovi's art on Jow Forums

Post fortran code to invert a binary tree whose nodes all contain random text data of your choice. Print the contents of those nodes in sequential order from the inverted tree and also print the contents of the nodes prior to inversion for comparisons sake.
I'll be nice and give you the next 24 hours (or when this thread dies, whichever comes first) to prove you're not a brainlet. You are free to use any references or online resources that'd you like.

>after expenses, have x amount of money left over
>another place is k proportionally higher place to live
>would have k*x leftover
>also standard of living goes up

Anyone claiming "you just make the same amount" is just coping hard. Imagine if a sub Saharan starving African said living in the United States isn't any better than his conditions because it's more expensive to live here.

Chiraq? What was your GPA?

Standing of living goes way way way down in a big city

you could move to america

How?

Programming is the easiest thing to learn , the hardest classes that I took were physics, CS theory courses, and computer engineering courses. All my programming classes were braindead easy though and I just graduated with a 3.6 in CS.

I'm canadian and I'm making $135k gross after a few years. Not too shabby.

The thing is, when you take a new position, you need to make sure your overall gross salary goes up. You're also going to struggle hard to get remote work that pays worth a damn, so living in a notable city with a tech scene in your country is important.

If you're in europe, you're just hours away from viable countries.

Nah. In one case you're starting at 75k in average-town and paying just $1k a month for a 1-bedroom, in another case you're starting at 120k and paying $2-3k a month.
In raw dollars you're still making more overall, and when you get promoted the disparity grows even bigger (i.e. an Amazon SWE-1 may go 110k -> 250k SWE 2 -> 350k and similar progressions, depending on stock performance.)

If you have nothing tying you down, and can afford the craziness that is living in the US, then working at a FAANG is by far optimal for making money medium and long-term, even with the crazy living expenses.

Lol no Amazon SW engineer is making anywhere near 200k unless they're in a very senior position

>addictive drug use higher in outside cities
>health worse
>infrastructure worse
>education worse
>public services worse
>internet worse
>less people to interact with

What do you base the standard of living on? The amount of meth addicts you're related to?

Theres more drugs, theft, home invasions, rapes, murders, and assaults in cities than anywhere else in the world. Health isnt any worse. Infrastructure is only worse if you're a loser riding the bus lol. I dont have to deal with traffic and I get fun roads to drive on and trails to ride my bike on. Internet isnt any worse now. Sorry you're stuck in a shared studio for 2k a month riding the bus to work doing overtime each day LOL

Per capita, retard.

Rob a bank.

3.95, and yeah, Go-town has some great jobs and comparatively low cost of living.

Imagine actually believing this. The fact that you think internet is the same is a dead giveaway to your bs.

I'm including stock/RSUs in that number.
It does depend on city. But some friends of mine were making that in Detroit after a couple of years.

Looks like they're called SDEs now.

I can get the same exact speeds in my area that are offered in NYC at only a little bit more.

>t. NEET who just learnt to invert a binary tree in a meme language with no demand in 1000 sq km and so contributing nothing to society but an abundance of CO2 and feces.
yfw

Attached: 1552255508921.gif (224x224, 3.8M)

>be senior dev at industry leading company in germany
>salary ~100k
>you actually see only half of it cause income tax and social payments(which all go to funding rapefugees)

Attached: chk_jschl.jpg (600x450, 18K)

At least if you get stabbed or break a leg you wont be in debt for the rest of your life

any non-shitty employer in US covers your health insurance

Move into some niche field. Databases used to be for people who couldn't code.

too bad most of the US doesn’t work for those employers

Almost 0 places cover your health insurance in the US. I know Google, FB and Amazon dont and they're supposed to be le best

Anyone in the software industry does.

Have fun decompacting the rectums of the elderly.

The only thing these kinds of brainlets base "standard of living" on is how expensive rent is.

>high rent = life sucks
>low rent = life is amazing

It's a common coping mechanism of the poor.

>attacking a person instead of the problem
What happened to computer science not being hard? This should be as simple as fitting a square block in a square hole to a super genius med student.

I use this common metric. Does it take 30 minutes to travel 5 miles in bumper to bumper traffic? Yes? Then it's not a place worth living in. Do I have to wake up at 4am just to get to work on time? Yes? Then it's not a place worth living in.

Med is literally just memorizing shit for your tests.
Completely boomer tier.
There is zero intelligence needed for what you do.

Bruh I love Lain so much, all my OC lains are still getting posted years later. Feels accelerated man

Attached: 803735961_68134.jpg (1080x765, 111K)

Does it get better? Watched the first 2 episodes and fell asleep during the second one, haven't gone back yet

Actually there's a growing trend of decoupling health insurance from employers. It's cheaper to not cover your workers now that theres no tax fine on individuals for lack of coverage - meaning less social obligation to provide benefits, less people negotiating for benefits in the first place, and a smaller overall payout from the company if they can convince people to take a $1000 raise and give up $5000 paid in insurance coverage. (granted, there are a handful of smart people out there who can get more out of $1000 of extra play money with investments than they would get out of having $5K in health insurance, but a lot of people overestimate their ability). The trend is especially noticeable in positions that are in the process of being automated away.

You are quite mistaken. Their healthcare plans are pretty good.

None of them cover your health in full, to the extent that you will have a paid deductable for major health expenses. but that deductable is well within the means of anyone working at those companies.

It's for some and not for others. Watching it a second and third time has a better pay off than the first time.

Attached: 803115451_18789.jpg (748x489, 106K)

You get gigabit internet for $40 a month?

50 yeah

Rather sit 40 minutes on a train or bus, talking on Jow Forums, than 30 minutes in a car having to pay attention to the road.

Also the fact that it costs $48 a month for the bus and train puts a huge gap between my transport expenses and someone not living in a city.

Where?

You live by and for the schedule and are limited to your containment center. I drive 20 minutes to work. But I can also drive anywhere else in the country whenever I want. I have freedom. You have fecal matter where you sit.

>The entry salary for CS professionals in my country is $20k and the higher cap is $30
Gas me anons

>driving 20 minutes to work
It takes me 7 minutes to bike to work. Enjoy your depressingly empty McMansion.

Thanks user I will! Enjoy your 2000 dollar 300 square foot efficiency apartment and not owning a car?

Thats not true at all. I make 6 figs and its cheap to live and low taxes
>t. Florida

>drive anywhere in the country
Kek, imagine being so poor you can't afford a plane ticket

Retarded, fag, not taking health care means you only get 500 bucks that is taxable vs 1k non taxable.

>implying people in the USA can't have 40+% effective tax rates

It's not right projecting your own financial shortcomings. I'm not the one living in the city paying 2 million dollars for a house that would cost 300k anywhere else lol

>people ITT unironically defending living in areas where they have to piss away more than 1/2 of their wages in rent and can't afford to actually purchase housing on top of paying 1/3 of their paycheck or greater in taxes
>on top of all of this: you likely dont have a car, you're dealing with bumper to bumper traffic if you do, you cant travel outside your area easily, pay insane prices for mundane shit like groceries, have to deal with sirens ringing all night and day, terrible air quality, rats and cockroaches hanging out on the sidewalks ...
I imagine some of you people would agree to live in a literal dumpster if I told you it was on the rooftop of a building in Times Square and would only cost you $2500 a month.

😃

Um yah but I can go to a bar or Starbucks or a MUSEUM whenever I want

>1/2 of their wages in rent
More like 1/10. Stay mad.

>paying $300,000 for a house
>when Africans pay pennies for theirs

If you're living in a shared studio sure. 70k where I am I would have to make 170k to have the same quality of life in NYC lol

Except bandwidth is meaningless if you have a 3 second latency on your satellite connection.

You are dumb

I've gone to the hospital multiple times in the US for what turned out to be nothing. I'm not in debt at all for these visits. Get some basic fucking coverage and only order an ambulance if it is absolutely necessary.

>go to ER
>costs 3k just for the visit, xrays and anything else is extra
>none of it is covered by insurance until I hit my deductible and then its 80% covered until I reach the 10k out of pocket max
Lol it's not even much better working in the medical field. So unless you have free health insurance that covers everything because you're under a certain income like I used to be you're full of dog doo

CS seems like a hard major until you hit 2nd/3rd year and realize you could have learned it all on your own and should have majored in something that can't be outsourced to a 3rd worlder

>t. Code monkey that got C's in the math courses, slept through the theory lectures, and couldn't understand deeper programming semantics to save his life
You're right, though. You will be outsourced.

>Companies care about grades and not side projects
>t. Freshman CS major who is coping with his choice to not major in a real branch of engineering

If being a nurse was hard more men would do it.

Getting a bachelors of nursing is much harder than getting a masters in computer science

It's not.

t. Nurse going back to school for Computer Science because he's tired of people being assholes.