Actually watched this shitty anime

>actually watched this shitty anime
>realized I fell for the meme again after >install gentoo

Attached: images (2).jpg (265x190, 20K)

>It's shit
Oh really, what was it about?

user, you dont see to understand

>HURR HURR U JUST DONT UNDERSTAND
Fuck off faggots. I see right through this pseudo-gnostic propaganda initiation rite shit.

It's a good meme, just like thinkpads. SEL is about the current state of the internet. If that didn't resonate with you then you're probably a ledditor.

>no install haiku
nice try kiddo

>pseudo-gnostic propaganda initiation rite
A shame you seemed an honest man.

It's not shitty. Serial Experiments Lain is unlike anything I've ever seen.

It sets the intelligent apart from the brainlets. Too bad you're on the latter side, newfriend.

Lain still gets BTFOd HARD by Texhnolyze :' )

Texnohlyze was better structured from a narrative perspective but dealt with less contemporary philosophy. Lain predicted what the internet would unfold into with uncanny accuracy and made some very interesting statements about tranhumanism and existentialism. Texnohlyze delved more into topics that had already been discussed heavily in punk culture, although its aesthetic is still wholly unique.

>Both made at least in part by ABe

How do I dislike?

Abe was an amazing designer and a good writer to boot, but Chiaki still deserves a good portion of the credit for SEL and Tex, you can see from Haibane Remnei that Abe's screenplay and philosophical understanding weren't quite as notable as Chiaki's was. Together they were an absolutely astounding team, and I hope one day the state of the industry will allow for works like these to exist and be successful again.

I want Despera so badly.

ABe worked on an animu called Rerided in 2018. I dropped the show halfway in. It just wasn't the same caliber, or anywhere near it, as SEL was. Still love his work though.

Any real arguments? Thought so, from people who find their philosophical insights from cartoons.

You haven't made any argument as to why the series is bad, there's nothing to rebut against, so we're just making fun of you.

>from people who find their philosophical insights from cartoons.
For someone so condescending you are quite stupid in your ability to understand what constitutes an argument.

what's wrong with installing gentoo?

I'm not the only one who's noticed how weak of a response this is and how popular it is lately

>Somebody says something stupid
>Wow, you sure are stupid
>Nice arguments fagtron we're actually in ancient Greek debate even though I haven't made any arguments. Don't use any _fallacies_ teehee silly boys

Nothing. OP just can't into redpilled memes such as installing gentoo and watching SEL.

underrated post, cause you don't seem to understand

>pseudo-gnostic propaganda

Attached: gnosticism.jpg (1856x887, 225K)

Do not believe Demiurge's lies

Attached: gnosticism.png (1400x2700, 786K)

>Watching the 6/10 anime
>Not playing the game for the real and god tier ending

Attached: 1529202719785.jpg (1080x831, 433K)

die

Is this undertale

No, it is the ramblings of the neoplatonists, who want you to have a miserable life hating everything around you, in hopes of some nebulous greater "spirit" world (possibly a technological spirit world as in this new gnosticism known as "transhumanism")

Fascism is the way forward for the US of A. Anyone who disagrees is a cuckold.

Here's the explanation genius:
>Lain predicted what the internet would unfold into with uncanny accuracy and made some very interesting statements about tranhumanism and existentialism
So, now what? Do you have to be a real genius to understand these more than obvious points of the series?

Is that Undertale?

When do I fight Sans Undertale from Undertale?

Attached: f1c0daeba5fc6e00afcbace760826197.jpg (519x735, 60K)

There's nothing profound about any of that. Especially muh "existentialism".

dropped it 4 episodes in, like any other anime 4channel keeps recommending to me

>Lain predicted what the internet would unfold into with uncanny accuracy and made some very interesting statements about tranhumanism and existentialism.

Absolutely false.

It was an uninteresting schizophrenic wank fest about suicide and VR with an emotionally empty shell of a loli for a lead.

It isn't even enjoyable as escapism.

Hey shiterusawako, how to enjoy a show with escapism theme?

>using muh as an argument
Okay.

Watch one that doesn't suck ass.

Like in another world with my smartphone.

Why? Because of the "always do opposite of what Jow Forums recommends" series of shitposts?

I did the same thing but over and over trying to get into it. I finally finished it like a week ago and it was pretty alright. Still better than most crap today because it isn't shitty digital animation.

>tripfag
>contrarian for the sake of being contrarian
>treating his personal taste as gospel to everyone
Like fucking clockwork.

Mostly because the type of person that shoehorns anime suggestions on a tech board isn't objective.

>and it was pretty alright
Don't bother watching much more then if this is the impression you were left with. I wouldn't call it pretty alright, but you can also try Ghost in the Shell, Death Note and Akira. Those series, Lain and a couple more are the best anime has to offer in my view.

>Like in another world with my smartphone.
based retard

I'm gonna suggest my dick into your ass you sexy bitch.

>Mostly because the type of person that shoehorns anime suggestions on a tech board isn't objective.
But you're treating your experience with the show as gospel and discouraging people from even giving it a chance.

Already saw Ghost in the Shell and Akira and I loved those. Fav series are Cow Bop, shampoo, and FLCL.

>Already saw Ghost in the Shell and Akira and I loved those
Interesting.
>Fav series are Cow Bop
Even more interesting. I just saw James Bond anime version and didn't bother past the 10th episode. Not really something I enjoy. Can't comment on the other two, because I haven't seen them.

That's my intent.

I don't see a problem with it. I'm saving them from starting something they will drop.

>what is The Wired

>shampoo
What is that?

that is actually the burden of proof fallacy you're committing, this may not be ancient greece but it doesn't need to be for me to show your fallacies as my arguments

>That's my intent.
>I don't see a problem with it. I'm saving them from starting something they will drop.
Tripfag being a contrarian and a dick for the sake of it. I've never seen that before... And yeah, surely you have telepathic abilities and know what people will like.

It was an example of mysticism, nothing deep or interesting at all.

Maybe you are being contrarian by claiming its good when it isn't good. And you are actually being annoying by trying to share something that sucks with people.

pretty sure he meant champloo

It took me a while to get into Boop Bop, had to do the same thing I did with lain until I understood the charm and found a meaning for the show myself. I'm probably going to re-watch lain because I did think it was cool.

muh fallacies isn't an argument

fallacy-o my phallus

Attached: IMG_20190326_113325.jpg (1024x1010, 155K)

SEL is about a girl that has problems making friends in the digital era.

The author is a luddite so go figure.

>James Bond anime version

It's more like Han Solo anime version

>Retarded trip fag thinks his opinion is worth shit
I am laffin

>Maybe you are being contrarian by claiming its good when it isn't good
I'm not claiming anything, I'm just telling people to give the show a chance. Because this clearly isn't the case:
>And yeah, surely you have telepathic abilities and know what people will like.

I get it, you are such a huge pussy that people disregarding the show you like makes you feel bad.

I also understand that you resent me for voicing my opinions on Lain.

I just don't care, lainposters are cancer.

>dude u said what i want to think you said
I'm done playing, bye.

You were done before you even started.

btw lain sucks :)

gentoo is a good distro, though. lain is an average cartoon that would have been rightfully forgotten if it weren't for its obnoxious fanbase

has anyone made the cutscene?
I don't feel like playing the game

I know that name has something to do with Star Wars, but I'm really not interested in that either.

The world of spirits, of forms, the good , "realer-than-the-real" world.

>making fun of SEL
This fucking retard I swear to god.

Attached: 1213474049053.jpg (1024x798, 335K)

The problem with SEL is that like Haibane Renmei, it feels incomplete. But, Haibane feels incomplete because the ending feels somewhat rushed and leaves you to wonder what actually happens next, it doesn't FEEL like it was an actual ending. SEL in the other hand, is just incomplete in many aspects:
-we get a peek at the whole idea that there are multiple lains but we never really get to know if the "evil lain" is actually a separate entity or lain herself but with a personality disorder
-we get a peek at the whole accela drug but it's only used as a gimmick on an episode which seems poorly written (there's no real followup to the case of suicide and evil lain's doings)
-we never get to know what really made lain's sister brainwashed (people will say it's the "Wired" but I find that too vague
-the wired seems to be this sort of network that influences the real word in some ways but at the same time the anime gives some really obscure mysticism around it and eventually it becomes really subjective

I mean, the entire show seems so vague that it feels heavily subjective and I have no definitive interpretation for it.

>-the wired seems to be this sort of network that influences the real word in some ways but at the same time the anime gives some really obscure mysticism around it and eventually it becomes really subjective
Isn't it glaringly obvious that the Wired is what was to become of the internet?
I'm also not sure if all others questions should have definitive answers.

>lainposters are cancer
For once a tripfag is actually right.

fite me irl 1v1 me noscope only scrub

Attached: lain_0.png (798x571, 261K)

It's not about fallacies retard, you literally didn't make an argument as to why the series is bad, no one is going to rebut such a loaded comment. Check yourself out at the door, no one else was arguing with you prior to your remark, just making fun of you. Learn some basic sense and come back when you at least understand what an argument is you absolute brainlet.

It doesn't make us feel bad at all, you can think whatever you want and most of us don't give a single fuck. We've seen hundreds of anons make the exact same comment. We've also seen plenty of others try to argue that the series is bad and fail miserably. Some times there's an user who can actually try to point out flaws with the narrative and direction, and those are usually good arguments. But this user isn't one of them, just another standard brainlet with nothing but an opinion with no reasoning behind it.

>It was an uninteresting schizophrenic wank fest about suicide and VR with an emotionally empty shell of a loli for a lead.

It had nothing to do with suicide, no one who kills themselves in the series "dies", their consciousness becomes digitized and they join a collective of other consciousnesses. At its core SEL is about transhumanism and existentialism, specifically individuality and how being human allows for it. If you didn't understand that after what happens at the end of the series you are legitimately a brainlet, because they explain it in an incredibly obvious way with Alice's dialogue.

They die all right, plotinus.

You're attributing his philosophies to the series without any basis, creating a parallel where there doesn't exist any. They show that consciousness and thought, as well as forms of physicality are still able to manifest in and affect the physical world.

Attached: 1517189330181.jpg (392x309, 141K)

To be more straightforward and a bit verbose: the fact that people who kill themselves can still have physical manifestations via conscious thought is directly counter to the idea that they are "leaving one world and going to the next". The Wired is not a separate reality from the physical plane as in mystic beliefs, it exists within the physical plane but is initially contained in computer systems until Eiri finds a way to connect it to the schumann resonance via the new protocol, which then strips the Wired of its containment and allows it to exist in the physical world outside of computer systems. It not only offers a theoretical possibility for transhumanism but also questions the idea that even though it exists digitally if it is truly separate from physical reality. We have come to very much that same prospect today, where the digital world and our own Wired (the internet) has become so prevalent within our daily lives that is very questionable whether or not the internet should be considered separate component from physical reality or if the experiences we have with it are as equally comparable to experiences in the "physical world".

Holy shit, a tripfag is actually right for once. April 1st has been a wild ride so far.

To digress a bit, it also touches on Alter Egos, and questions how much of individual self exists on the internet and how much of it exist in the "physical plane". For many of us on this board a good portion of our self exists solely online, we spend less time in the physical world than we do in the digital one, but these alter egos that exist online can still affect the physical world,. "Evil Lain" who comes from the Wired is a metaphorical representation of the same idea. To return more to the general point I was making earlier on in the thread, the show was well ahead of its time and with uncanny accuracy in the depiction of our own physical world and the internet interacting with each other. The idea that we can digitize consciousness, that we could perhaps exist solely on the internet in digital form, is very much an active area of study and not within impossibility given that the brain and perhaps consciousness may be comparable to electricity. The series itself disagrees with that notion, saying that doing so could destroy our individuality, and that our physical bodies, the emotions and flaws that come with them are what allows us to maintain individuality and that we should not leave them behind. This is explained through the dialogue and actions at the end of the series with Lain and Alice quite evidently.

>lain is shit
you mean to tell me lainchan lied?

Have you seen Stand Alone Complex? I think it's even better than the Ghost in the Shell movie, though it has different strengths. Both seasons were fantastic.

nah we're just autistic

Attached: 1548830003918.png (1200x1200, 205K)

I think the comparison of the internet to that "realer-than-real" world is a good and interesting one. The internet (along with user interfaces) compose an artificial human-centered world which can feel more real than this one because it was designed by people. Watching Lain from that perspective makes it more meaningful to me.

>removes his own trip to make it appear as though someone agrees with a tripfuckingfag
nice try retard-nigger

Based conspiratorial retard

In July 4th, 1947, a strange aircraft had crashed in the desert in New Mexico, America. The area was contained at once by government agents. What it actually was has yet to be proven conclusively. For now, conjecture has become fact, and rumour has become history.

In 1984, an envelope arrived at the home of TV producer Jaime Shandera. The envelope, from an anonymous source, contained a roll of undeveloped film. The film contained what has now come to be known as the MJ-12 document.

Roscoe Hillenkoetter, Head of the CIA at the time of the Roswell incident, was at the top of the list of twelve members. It is stated that these signed a secret treaty with extra-terrestrials from the spacecraft as a special organisation answerable only to the President. It is now accepted that President Truman’s signature was in fact a forgery, copied carefully from another document without his knowledge. Named as a member on the MJ-12 document was an MIT professor: head of the department of electrical engineering, Vannevar Bush.

In 1945 Vannevar Bush developed a memory expansion concept called MEMEX. It was a system whereby information recorded on microfilm was then projected directly onto a translucent screen. What he envisioned was the compression and rapid access of information. Even before the advent of computers, Vannevar Bush had already created the basis for our current multimedia explosion, while at the same time he was leading the Manhattan Project atom bomb experiments.

Conducting sensory deprivation experiments using a variety of techniques, such as native American narcotics and isolation tanks to probe the depths of the human unconscious, John C. Lilly believed his experiments connected him to cosmic entities by way of a baud-based communication network. Lilly dubbed the beings that were guiding him ECCO: Earth Coincidence Control Office. Soon afterwards, Lilly began work on communication with dolphins. These dolphins are incredible creatures which are able to conduct an array of wide range networking exercises via ultrasonic waves.

Ted Nelson, a scientist, who studied under the two called pioneers Vannevar Bush and John C. Lilly, expanded on their theories. He proposed a giant electronic library in satellites in stationary orbit, which could be used at any terminal on Earth via radio and telephone lines. He called this daring concept, that would make an interactive global database a reality, Xanadu, after the mythical country. Also known as the Mongolian utopia, where all written cultures would be forever preserved and live on for all eternity: this was Xanadu. And so it was the innovative concept called hypertext that would finally make it a reality. And Ted Nelson’s name would go down in history as its esteemed originator.

The Earth, while orbiting the Sun, has its own specific electromagnetic waves. Between the ionosphere and the Earth’s surface, there is a constant resonance at a frequency of 8Hz in the ELF band range of frequencies. This is called the Schumann resonance. However, the extent of the effect on human subjects of these Earth brain-waves that the Earth constantly gives off is impossible to quantify and remains a mystery.

The human population of the Earth is approaching that of the number of neurons in the brain. Douglas Rushkoff proposes that the consciousness of the Earth itself might be awakened when all humans on Earth become collectively networked and resonate at the same frequency. The evolution of the network would follow a neural model path. And just as neurons within the human brain are connected by synapses, the Earth itself would become a single neural network.

>tfw you don't seem to understand despite watching this show multiple dozens of times.

Attached: 1539730856547.png (480x485, 191K)

>An analysis of Serial Experiments Lain

>1. Lain the Weird
>2. Alice the Compassionate
>3. Eiri the Rational
>4. The Structural Model of the Human Psyche
>5. Trans-human Progression - The Wired & Protocol 7
>6. The Knights of Eastern Calculus and the Collective Unconscious
>7. Blurred Lines - the Coalescence of Digital and Physical Reality
>8. Alice in Chains - Rational Isolation
>9. Technological Genesis
>10. Biological Revelation
>11. Love Lain

Schumann resonance was secretly encoded into Internet Protocol Version 7 by Masami Eiri so that everyone's brain is constantly connected to the internet without devices. Because of this the internet can affect what people see and hear and their minds are stored as data so they can come back to life after death via the internet because the anime's philosophy is that reality is how people collectively perceive something, not what actually happens. Lain is the collective knowledge of the internet personified into the form of psx lain who was the first person to kill themself and come back to life via the internet. Lain was created by Masami Eiri capturing psx lain and altering her code.

>the anime's philosophy is that reality is how people collectively perceive something
That's part of the subject matter, but it isn't the morale. Eiri encodes his own consciousness into Protocol 7.

Game isn't ever noted to be canon to the series, most consider it an alternate telling. There are lots of things that are at odds with it, such as Lain also encoding her consciousness digitally, even though the Anime notes that Eiri was the one who created Protocol 7.

liked for cringiness

it's about everyone's conciousness that can be uploaded to the internet, so real world and the internet is somehow connected
when you affect the internet it affects real world
lain is an existence that could do whatever she likes both on the internet and in the real world, something like internet god

Eiri wants everyone to believe that he was the first person to encode his consciousness so that it becomes reality, don’t you think it is more fitting to his character that he just reverse-engineered Lain’s work and took credit for it?

Protocol 7 allows people who upload themselves to exist in physical reality in a form of energy through the Schmuann Resonance, with enough concentrated energy (conscious/unconscious thought), they're able to physically affect the real world.