/wt/

/wt/

WATCH TECHNOLGY THREAD

post about watch technology and f91ws

Attached: sinn-dual-strap-system-1.jpg (750x500, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

loruswatches.com/Watch/RW635AX9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please upvote this post, likes and reps given karma back!

^_^

Attached: addon (1).jpg (640x640, 226K)

Pls ship

Attached: Screenshot_20190331-101715_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1438x1838, 478K)

did you really buy that

Yes its got all the specs i want and it doesnt cost 2k

but you can see it right? you know what it looks like?

Yeah i think it looks nice. Its an eta 2982 movement. Its good value for that movement, it punches above its class

>it looks nice.
no

Go back this is the neckbeard board the spec matter more than looks

Attached: SSG001leather.jpg (796x978, 307K)

all reps an karma given back!😃

I am REALLY disappointed that the 50 year anniversary Speedmaster moon watch was just meh and did not even have a new moon related complication. If there ever was an opportunity to launch truly new tech rather than a warmed over caliber 321, this was it and they blew it.

>Speedmaster🐰

Reminder the only acceptable Jow Forums watches are Casios. They are the only company who dares to push the limits of what timekeeping technology can do while keeping their products at reasonable prices. Everything else is just a fashion statement.

Attached: IMG_0313.jpg (2241x2295, 948K)

is that a sapphire casio?

I don't mind it. It's not my taste, but Omega have done a billion special edition Speedmasters with every imaginable combination of moon-themed complications and detailing, and I think it was a much classier decision to release a replica of the original presentation watches instead of just yet another gimmick watch.

>Omega

If it actually was a warmed over 321 it would be good though instead of that cuck-axial bullshit

What's a good automatic watch with a fairly classy design and a sapphire crystal that won't break the bank? Sub-$300 if possible.

just get an SKX007 and have your choice of nice sapphire crystal put in it. I would go with blue domed tint

Orient mako usa is around that price.

what do you think of my new acquisistion /g ?

Attached: Screenshot_20170906-133459.jpg (717x702, 262K)

Rate mine

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.39M)

YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT?
Enjoy having your wrist in flames.
Also, don't forget to sleep with it.

Looks good. What is it?

Looks like I'll be be picking up a third micro this year already.

Attached: wayfarerredJPEGweb.jpg (1200x1200, 154K)

Gonna look like satan himself wearing that

real mens wear the green line f91w
fuck your pussy watches

Attached: casiogreenpng.png (700x700, 556K)

It's a Fossil Q Explorist HR. The software is a little buggy at times but overall I really like it.

I remember wearing this in my twenties and people always assumed I was a security guard or a janitor
never again

hello watch technology thread
looking for a trusty watch under 100 dolla that has both ways to tell the time. Something like pic related, maybe not so expensive.
loruswatches.com/Watch/RW635AX9
watchu guys think?

Attached: file.png (1032x647, 260K)

good

Casio AQ-190W

Attached: casio_aq190w.jpg (922x692, 165K)

What does the /22 mean?

mechanical = based
quartz = gay
quartz digital = gay toddler
smart watch = kys faggot

I hate this place. I started avoiding /csg/ to stop nickle and diming myself into poordom. I have a couple nice seikos and a hamilton. I didn't even know I needed this one. Thanks user!

Is a seiko spring drive based and gay?

it's the seconds. that window can also display the time digitally.

how do i understand casio model names?

I'm my daily gear /g approved?

Attached: 20190402_141704.jpg (4032x3024, 3.06M)

that looks pretty fucken cool to be honest

Hello Jow Forums watch tech thread:
Anyone have experience with the vostok 2431 caliber 24 hour movement? Any reliability concerns I should worry about?

Is there any way to polish this watch at home? Its Titanium. Lots of scratches on the case but I only paid $10

Attached: 72CnFZ9.jpg (3264x2448, 703K)

Not OP but nothing wrong with the looks.

and how do I tell if this watch was made in 97, 07, or 17? I can't find a catalog for any of those years.

it's 48mm

Yet another Rolex bezel with a Seiko case

Nice, what an original and extravagant design

Sure there is if you have the tools. Depending on the level of scratches in the bracelet, if they're deep, you can start with wet sandpaper to level them and the with polishing compounds and a rotary tool to give it a nice shine, if they're light surface scratches, just the polishing compounds will do.
Regarding the case of the watch, I would only recomend it if you know what you're doing, the chemicals in the polishing compounds can fuck up the crystal very fast so you're either opening the watch to get everything out of the case including the crystal, or you do it with everything inside but very careful and putting many layers of tape on top of the crystal.

R8 my casio, nerds.

Attached: IMG_20190402_145043.jpg (1573x1371, 500K)

your ignorance is showing. Casio is fine, but you posted a quartz watch that will collect scratches. Oh and the strap broke too after a couple years. (I have one). I loved my G-shock too - until I had to change the battery-the screw holes striped out without any effort, now the back cover wont go on, and too fix it I need to fuck around like some idiot with epoxy.

---

last thread someone was shilling tauchmeister. I was about to buy one. Who knows about this watches.

Attached: batmansolar.png (1052x928, 1.45M)

I arrives today i am pretty excited

Where to cop a mint penisquartz? Is Yahoo.jp the only real solution?

>penisquartz

>mint

>tfw no Commodore

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1008x959, 156K)

Attached: RMILLIE.jpg (800x800, 113K)

>LGBTQIRSTUV

I got mine on eBay from Japanese sellers a few years back. Not sure I could describe them as mint (especially in watch collecting terms) but they're definitely more than presentable. Didn't cost me a whole lot either and I got free sweeties in the package ;-)

Yes. Doublepenisquartz is best penisquartz btw.

Attached: IMG_20190402_165642957_HDR.jpg (2400x2400, 1.32M)

feels wired men. useally i wear one per arm.

Attached: IMG_2888.jpg (3024x4032, 981K)

I can smell the onions from across the channel, continental scum.

Attached: 1553796812893.jpg (500x378, 43K)

I was looking at aviator watches, but all of them are so fucking expensive
So instead, I got some chinkshit

Attached: IMG_20190402_183621.jpg (3000x4000, 3.7M)

i dont get the onion reference. also the continental reference.
the garack one i kinda get, cause the f91w.
try to articulate with less abstractions, maybe.

Attached: 1420726360308.jpg (2560x1600, 1.31M)

Does it double as a buttplug?

Onions because France (guess)
Continental (Europe) because timezone (guess)
Post in general because faggot detected (100% certainty)

>Yes. Doublepenisquartz is best penisquartz btw.
lewd

Awesome watch for $10! Is it still working, or did you buy it as a repair project? In regard to polishing, it shouldn't be too hard. Ultimately it depends on the finish you want to go for, but some power tools will be immensely helpful. Also, if you're confident you can disassemble it, and then reassemble it, that'll make everything so much easier. Find a guide on disassembly, and follow it. Once you've got the crystal removed, you can start polishing. Tape off the face if you haven't remove all of the internals, and start with a low grit Wet-and-Dry sand paper. Something like 600-800. Use a tiny bit of water, but be careful not to get it on the face, or in the movement. Sand until the biggest scratch is as big as the ones you are making with the sandpaper. Then move up the grits. Go to 1k, then 1.5k, 2k etc, up to about 5k. The intervals don't have to be tiny, but try to avoid jumping up say 3k in one step, or you'll spend forever trying to get rid of the scratches from the previous grit. Once you're at about 5k, start with polishing. Easiest way would be with a dremel. You can get polishing attachments, which are just little white wheels made with something like cotton or wool. Put a small amount of buffing compound on the wheel, and then buff away. You can get a range of grits with compounds, but if you've gone up to 3k-5k with sandpaper, you'll probably want to go straight to fine with the buffing compound. Be methodical, and don't rush. Buffing generates quite a lot of heat from friction, and titanium can go all sorts of pretty colours if you apply too much heat, so if you want to avoid that, take your time. Wash off the excess compound once you're done, and then reassemble. If you see this, best of luck with whatever you eventually plan on doing.

yeah it works. I can't really tell what it is. it's not a seiko 5, it isn't a spirit seiko, its not a solar. 7n42 movement. 7n42-0ca0

Very new to watches, and took me a second to work out what the singlepenizquartz and doublepenisquartz was even talking about. Now that I've seen it though, what is the difference? From what I could find, the older models had a singlepenis, and then they moved to doublepenises. Does it just indicate a different movement?

Attached: 1547733312014.png (2560x1600, 698K)

denotes how many dick you have to suck so you can afford one.

Saw a single penis on eBay for £85. I'd be more than happy to suck for £85.

Double Penis means Twin Quartz movement. These have two crystals, the vibrations of which are compared against each other and deliver accuracy of 5-10 seconds per year. This is at least an order of magnitude more accurate that most conventional quartz movements and on a par with the best offered even today.

Both mine are from 1978 and were among the most expensive Japanese watches on sale at the time (Rolex and Omega would be equivalent Swiss brands price and quality-wise). These days they sell for a lot less,

Tyvm for the info. The only watch I currently own is some bog-standard black fossil watch. Have had it for about 6 years, and it's been the only watch I've owned, but I'm looking to buy my first proper watch soon. Almost certainly going to be the Seiko Alpinist.

>Casio is fine, but you posted a quartz watch that will collect scratches
It's a $40 watch. Who cares if it gets a little scratched?
>Oh and the strap broke too after a couple years.
gee it's not like they're replaceable or anything

Attached: Casio-MDV-106A-Diving.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

That is definitely a '90s watch.

i can't find it in any catalog.

just got gifted a seiko 5 bought from amazon from a 3rd party seller, how do i check if it's legit?

Attached: 20190402_162617.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

Looks nice, I'll give that a try.

tacky

Attached: 1487467788556.gif (340x340, 137K)

Attached: file.png (1505x1129, 1.95M)

People assumed you were a janitor cause you look like a faggot, probably

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (450x450, 29K)

cool story bro. Like I said it's fine, but it's basically a disposable watch. You can get a lifetime watch for 200. 1000m automatic, with better lume and a metal band.

considering to pull the trigger on pic related. I want something with full date, alarm, no need for a battery, and cheap enough to wear daily without being scared of Tyrone. Yay or nay?

Attached: AL-180AMVV-1DF_2000x.jpg (800x800, 43K)

Ur mom gay

Attached: 20190402_213621.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

I like it, but for my money, Id go with pic related.

Attached: 91763GgHIoL._AC_UY700_.jpg (416x700, 46K)

I want a Longines because they're heavily marketed towards Azns and I have an Azn identity complex but the entry level ones look so fucked up, for example WTF is up with thsoe arabic numbers at 12/6/9, and why is there a crown guard? I hate crown guards, it should either be a recessed crown, or a standard crown.

Lastly I've heard the lume is significantly worse than Seiko, so I might as well just get a Seiko.

The Heritage series is delicious though.

Dont buy it i like being a contrarian on a contrarian website

I'd get one of those it they were made of steel.

I have one of these and I love it.

Liked and subscribed

I like it got one for my dad for his birthday. He hinted to the design a d I came across this one. It's built well and has fine movement. Quality time piece.

2edgy4me

Hell yeah

Attached: 1553022710052.png (3840x2160, 2.13M)

>I want a Longines because they're heavily marketed towards Azns and I have an Azn identity complex
Holy shit dude. I get shit like buying a Samsung or Hyundai because they're actually Asian, but buying a European brand just because they spent a bunch of money marketing to you? That's fucking pathetic.

bump? after some googling it seems seiko fakes are not likely, still i'd like to know if there are any details to check

Yes but just look at it

The new week number complication from PP looks like a working gentleman's choice.