My fucking mouse clicks keep registering twice and it's pissing me off what the fuck

My fucking mouse clicks keep registering twice and it's pissing me off what the fuck

Attached: 1537817804983.png (543x343, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5BhECVlKJA
pastebin.com/wNEhnUHm
youtube.com/watch?v=BcLQYGG7B5Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy a new one🐸

>using a mouse
not gonna make it man

You need to disassemble it and basically rearm a springy piece of metal.

i'm using a 2006 logitech mouse that might be why

This dude fucks.

I've always had Logitech mouses and the only thing that always failed was the left click. It's on purpose

>open up mouse
>spray tiny amount of wd40 into microswitch
>click microswitch about 50 - 100 times
>let air dry for about 24 hours
>reassemble mouse
>fin

Recovered a shitty deathadder this way which still works fine today.

Attached: 1371927812323.gif (259x200, 573K)

can confirm

get a new mouse u faget

Yeah, my Logitech G203 has the same problem. It's driving me nuts.

wow that's fucking retarded.
give me likes btw

hope that doesn't happen to my mx master

That's what you get for buying Razer stuff.

Hey at least you didn't buy a $300 keyboard with MX Reds and a 1ms response time.

You know how annoying it is hitting a key once and having it registered 5 fucking times?

The only reason I bought that keyboard was because muh RGB broke on my keyboard along with a few keys not working.

So obviously my first instinct was to get a new keyboard. And so, like a dumbass I go and get the fastest fucking keyboard that has switches I've never used, and is way too fast for me.

And it's a $300 fucking keyboard. I would gladly go out and buy a das keyboard with either blues or browns, but I just got this one like a year ago and I don't have that kind of money.

Attached: ANGERY-😤😤😤😤~2.png (1080x846, 512K)

Forgot to change the normie file name.

Awkward.

Clean the built up grime inside.

If it's an expensive mouse, give it to a repair shop

Open it and put one drop of WD-40 into the click switch.
Werked for me.

idk op throw it around or something. My mouse kept doing that and threw it around a bunch of time and it fixed itself.
You're welcome btw.

Attached: 1849121529947.jpg (500x500, 43K)

here's a pretty long video about the subject
youtube.com/watch?v=v5BhECVlKJA

It's absolutely disgusting how 99% throw away their mouse once it double-registers instead of opening it up for literally 15minutes to clean the switches.
I bet in 2050 everyone will be too lazy to wipe their asses and have some smart toilets to do the job for them or just have diapers on 24/7.

Attached: 1496390888993.gif (209x191, 1.72M)

>he doesn't buy a new ass every time he shits himself
brainlet

>wd40 into the switch
Use actual contact cleaner like deoxit. Shit's like magic. Won't eat the plastic and you can start using the mouse right away.

I hate everything about you and your post

>he hasn't had a fully functioning personal bidet installed around his groin

Use this AHK script I wrote to fix it. Its what I do and I've been using a "broken" mouse for the past year just fine. It detects rapid double clicks and returns just a single click in place for all mouse buttons.
pastebin.com/wNEhnUHm
Recommend to compile it and run as admin to have better application compatibility.

imagine buying a $300 keyboard
like what was going through your mind at that moment, $300 gets you some nice tools like a top of the line dremel to cut into your shitbox PC and add fans for more airflow.

Reduce polling rate.

Mine did for a while. So I took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together. Some months later it's still working fine. Worth trying.

Replace the button.

Like everyone has said, you either have to clean it, and if that's not working, buy a new one. Mouse buttons and their clicking have a limited lifespan. It wears out and you'll get double-clicks, or you have to click once, then the second click will double-click, so you get a triple click (I had that happen on a kensington track ball, once).

your mouse's switch is failing. new switch is maybe $2 on digikey. pop it open and solder in a new switch. I did it for my G9x and it's still going strong 3 years later.

This. I have an old zombie mouse that i'm reviving every 6 months. It will live forever.

its your split personality trying to get out

The proper way is to desolder the switch and put in a new one but not everybody wants to do that🐑

open the mouse up oil your buttons

>hurr durr wait weeks for new switches to arrive
why do brainlets keep recommending this vs just oiling up the switches to fix them?

i once spilled apple juice over mine, ever since it's been doing that as well... sucks man

Because the issue is with fatigue and wear of the tiny metal contacts inside the switch, not lubrication. Microswitches don't even have lubricated parts from the factory, what are you doing

Attached: FCJML.jpg (650x235, 25K)

It happened to me I opened the switch and bent the metal thing a little (button becomes to stiff if you overdo it). There are instructions on the internet on how to do it. The thing if too small and finicky tho.

not OP but having the same problem
if cleaning fails to fix it, what's a good mouse to buy these days? most of them look like fucking spaceships
i like the G203 but it's probably too loud for me and seems to have a short lifespan

just solder in a new one or live with your debounce

my logitech g9 kept doing this till a month ago. if you have windows just unistall and reinstall your mouse driver from the device manager. also try "hard clicking" both the buttons of the mouse, i fixed my mouse with this method.

how often do you left click compared to right click?

think about it, then stop being a fucking cheap ass and go spend five bucks on a new one.

>He uses a mouse

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (250x248, 15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BcLQYGG7B5Q

Time for a new mouse. Take the plunge into wireless logitech it will change your life

Literally you.

Attached: yuuu.png (525x591, 79K)

>all that hassle for a 10$

just buy a new one

Attached: 45a4d387df0b4ddff6500ea5eac2d2fa.gif (450x450, 348K)

literally not even that, I've found decent mice for $1

That's some sad shit could of been on some cash shit and get pic related for under 30.
You niggas are pay pigs

Attached: 1CF89E57-EC51-4355-9E70-D193E924F723.jpg (1395x566, 94K)

>10$
>for a fucking mouse
Never paid more than $2 for a mouse

While waiting for a new switch for my G700, I used some AutoHotKey script I found online and it worked nicely.

>clicking the mouse

Attached: kmousetool.png (540x450, 55K)

>they still have meat parts to shit out of
wow it's like you enjoy getting diseases of the flesh

Do not try bending the metal inside the switch. It will fuck up the click and it'll never feel the same. Clean the metal contacts(pic related) inside the switch very gently with a needle/knife then wipe off any residue with a string of cloth.

Else get new switches from ebay for a dollar or a whole new mouse.

Attached: Untitled.png (321x230, 105K)

this cost me about ~17$ but honestly i should've gotten brown/black switches, the activation force on reds is too light

Attached: 1534394372326.jpg (800x595, 56K)

Just do half clicks so they add together to one single click.

that never happend to me, very wired.

A mouse click is a mouse click, you can’t say it’s only a half!

I hope this is an sv reference.

>Do not try bending the metal inside the switch.
fuck off i fixed multiple mice by bending the metal. however i would order new switches first in case he fucks up.

>not using the three seashells

Retard, use a soldering iron, desolder switch, replace switch with a new one. Done!

beacuse i have like 4 shitty mice lying around with funcitoning switches

>70389662
what chinkshat mouse are you using that don't have debounce in the buttons? lierally 1960s tech. wat the fuck its like africans building planes using tv as a reference when the entife body of western aeronautical research is free and open on the internet.

I used to write a cpp hook to prevent subsequent clicks under a specific time frame, usually under 15ms.

But I realized it's just better to unbind the problem button and use mousekeys.

If its your right click, you're done for, that's the most important one.