How's that job hunt going? Landed that sweet 150k job yet?

How's that job hunt going? Landed that sweet 150k job yet?

Attached: 1480680180146.jpg (370x370, 23K)

Job hunt? No I program in C so what's the point in even trying to find one?

Your fortune: Good Luck

Devops meme dude, quit my job to learn Rust. Then straight into 150k I go.

>jub hunting
oldfa/g/s are already crypto rich

>working

Attached: stop_.jpg (440x460, 22K)

>150k
I can work for a sixth of that amount.

The interview was going okay until he saw my score.

I have a job interview wednesday to do machine learning stuff
any interview tips from people who made it?

I'm unemployable💢

Attached: vargsmug.jpg (246x138, 4K)

wagy wagy, get in the cagy!

>18
>kinda depressed
>can't get into college cause i dropped out of HS in senior year
>applied to many jobs but can't fucking land some sort of warehouse or restaurant job.
>give up lose hope
>i know people on Jow Forums have it worse than me

Its all about the connection guys. Fuck...

Attached: suckless.jpg (1040x620, 31K)

I did 6 months ago now, at an incredible startup.
Literally the happiest I've ever been.

150k cash including bonuses. Not including perks, company equity, etc.

listen. Just because you make 150k doesn't mean its not goinng go rent.

Also are you from the area im talking about or nah

Nah I'm in Seattle. No income tax here either lol. Picked up my 2019 Audi S4 last week life is amazing.

Yeah wtf bro. All of it goes to rent? no?

Redpill me on the most asked questions in an IT job interview

is it too late to get into devops or that meme fell off?

>Tell me about yourself.
>What is your greatest weakness?
>How would you invert a binary tree?

Attached: lena.jpg (1960x1960, 743K)

thank you

cute

How?

i got $600k funding, does that count?

I have a $130k job, so I'm almost there. But I live in LA so it's a very middle-class lifestyle.

Attached: 1552325990521.jpg (474x471, 25K)

>why shouldn't we hire you?

150K?, I live off of my slut grill... she's a cam whore and get considerably more than that.
So I don't needs to work... Hurray for equality!.

how do you income stream, NEETanon?

>slut grill
Ah yes I used to think I couldn't do any better than one of those, either.

I have 6 felony drug convictions. Nobody will hire me :(
wat do guise?

Attached: niggers.jpg (600x615, 53K)

#learntocode

go to india and become this

Attached: aghori.jpg (646x416, 96K)

He's fine, Seattle rent is less than 3k a month if you don't have kids, even at that price he wouldn't be spending even a third of his income on housing. 150k is a LOT of money everywhere not California or New York, and even there it's a lot more money than /g acts like.

Did you get a GED? If not at least start there, they are easy to pass. Then go to community college to learn stuff.

fucking interview tomorrow, anxious as fuck

im going to get my GED. Just wish i had a frickin job.

My greatest weakness is not being able to invert a binary tree.🐰

Is fast food even turning you down? user there is no shame in working at some shitty job while you improve yourself. Keep looking and keep applying. Don't apply to places expecting a career, just find some shitty job to get money coming in awhile you study for GED and improve your life. You can do it user I believe in you.

I know interviews can be scary, just like most things you really want. The chance of losing something you have your hopes up on creates the feeling of defeat and loss. That is a false feeling you never have anything until it's in your hand. Just go in there answer the question honestly. The people who are hiring you most likely know the answers to the questions you are being asked. If you BS them they will know. If you don't know say so. Remember this interview is not the end of the world, you have a value that employers are looking for, and if you aren't good enough for that job keep improving your skills and keep applying. You will get that job you want.

No, but mommy can be proud of me.
Look, mom! I can dinopost! I have achieved something in life!

>Is fast food even turning you down?
I don't if theres something wrong with me or if its the employers or Canadas economy. When i go on indeed there aren't that many fastfood jobs. I'm tired of this life game. I'd rather be dead or be aducted by aliens at this point. Human civilization is going no where. We are genetic trash lying and deceiving each other on a daily basis. I probably sound like a schizo and should shut the fuck up.

I hope things will go well, and that I will metabolize a "no" asap, eventually

user, we are trash, we are multi-cellular heaps of organic material. We are driven by our desire to create other multi-cellular heaps of organic material that are assembled more closely to us.

Life can be viewed as a curse, but that is also what depressed people think. Generally, If you feel successful, and have someone who you love and spend time with, life can be great. The feeling successful part is fulfilled by finding your passion and feeling like the time you spend doing something is not a waste. You are in a slump and you will get out of it, you will give your life meaning because there is no one true meaning to life, we are just multi-cellular heaps of organic material.

>tfw can't even get any interviews
I just want to get paid to code.🙁

Attached: 1457851721857.jpg (634x471, 45K)

Find something that could be automated or made easier with software, and write software for it. Then patent that software and sell it. Make your own work.

What's the best way to bullshit a troubling multi-year NEET gap due to mental illness?

Don't be yourself.

this desu
I haven't worked since 2015 and I'm not sure if anybody will hire me..

Your Score: 1010
I made it. Time to fuck off to bed.

Start off with a shitty zero-hour contract job, then just lie and say you worked there for a long time.

Alternatively, see if any local businesses closed down recently, and say you worked there. It will be impossible to verify.

Some combination of
>Helping/caring for a relative
>Recovering from illness (something both mundane and not easily detectable)
>Travelling (just make something up, read about the area, look it up on google maps, too obscure to run into "oh I love x" but not exotic enough that they actually want to ask you about it)
>Religious work
>Charitable work

Get the HiSet if you can take it; it's cheaper and easier than the GED that many get stuck on.
Yeah, your foundations aren't that strong but eh, I'm pretty sure you will take the same path as most in Jow Forums (i.e. portfolio). But of course, you could take some classes in a CC if you want a degree.

Since hey, at least you're not someone who has an Associate's and no job experience who will end up starving in California while working as a waiter because someone has a pretty face.
hahahaha

Attached: __ueno_ueno_san_wa_bukiyou_drawn_by_katahira_masashi__8bf270fcca4f8c22d770b679e620ed3b.jpg (614x1000, 321K)

mine too

how many of you are trying to get an internship?
im getting my resume ready and am gonna start sending it out.

I have a comfy 90k Linux sysadmin job that lets me work from home.

living the life...

Have your dad start a fake consulting business. Put down XYZ Consulting on your resume. If asked, say you worked for your dad doing whatever shit might be plausible. Resume gap filled.

Now this doesn't resolve the references issue - you can't use your dad for that. But it does get your foot in the door.

what did you put on your resume/howd u get interview

if it makes you feel better, I'm squeaky clean and nobody will hire me either

Seriously, how do you get a non-webshit/mobile/interprise meme framework job? And how can people claim to enjoy programming/be into CS while using nothing but abstracted meme frameworks who's so far removed from computer science that any self-taught monkey could learn them?

This is now a Boomer hate thread

Attached: New+memes+baby+boomers_0d495c_6014110.jpg (900x900, 228K)

If your felonies are not job related, you should still be fine. Particularly if you can prove that you have been rehabilitated.

Also: Jow Forums does resume critiques all the time. If anyone is not getting interviews, then it means your resumes are not good enough. Post and get feedback. You might think your resume is perfectly fine, but... so did pic related.

Attached: Resume00b.png (806x2092, 99K)

>Seriously, how do you get a non-webshit/mobile/interprise meme framework job?

Be really fucking good. Spoiler: you probably aren't.

Yes.

>first job right out of uni
>66k
>ontario, canada

did i do gud Jow Forums?

no it isnt🐷

Attached: what a idiot.jpg (1500x625, 133K)

Oh please.

>RESUME LOOKS LIKE PIC RELATED
>THE BOOMERS ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS

Attached: Resume02.png (888x1054, 142K)

I worked years ago with the hiring manager. They were looking for a sysadmin with ITIL / Change Management experience. On my resume I noted that experience as well as my experience as a sysadmin (not only Linux). Docker, kubernetes, ansible, rhel, python, vSphere - these are all good skills / experiences to have. You should take some courses on Udemy or something.

#metoo

Attached: Jacob.png (561x487, 259K)

No, only 115K :( feels poor man

Does "I took some courses on Udemy" rly work on a resume absent substantive experience?

Yes that's right, the Boomers are to blame for the LBJ Great Society creating the biggest welfare Ponzi scheme in human history, Chinese detente resulting in the mass offshoring of American manufacturing, Ronny Reagan's amnesty for Paco and Miguel, resulting in spics learning they have free range to flood the US and its hard labor jobs, and for handing science and technology over to Pajeet and Pahoud on their H1B visa.

Try again, Rabbi

You mean work for free for years and/or have the interest to do it in your spare time so it doesn't feel like work?
>gimmick of the month tools and "technologies" that come and go with the tide
>good skills

in 5 months of sending my professionally tweaked resume to well over 100 prospective employers on indeed, monster, glassdoor, others, I have had 5 interviews. All 5 interviews went just fine until the criminal history question, and then the interview abruptly ends.
If i read one more job description I am going to vomit. I opened an Ebay account to start selling my shit . idk what else to do.🙁

No, they spell it out in the first sentence: know someone. Imagine being in bed with HR - simply sickening.

As long as you are comfortable and capable in your skills in whatever you are learning on Udemy - it shouldn’t matter. Since you don’t have any experience, you should look into grabbing some certs. Working in IT in any capacity (help desk or whatever) is always better than nothing and trying to laid a sysadmin job

No, I mean like be an MIT graduate.

These gimmick technologies are in demand now so it helps you get into the job and any good employer would train you in any “gimmicks” that come along. Good workers with initiative are hard to find.

So your resume is fine, and your interview skills are also fine. Aren't there places where you can work where they do not ask about criminal history? What about moving to a state where drugs are not criminalized?

Meant for

White board interview tomorrow. I've been doing meme deep learning stuff all weekend instead of practising. Hope it goes well

$80CAD. Pretty happy though. My work/life balance is mostly life.

Truth.

Spoken like the underclass.

Score? What?

Work on that.

>Its all about the connection guys.
Or stupid luck, yes. Home Depot is usually looking for people to work nights.

>150k cash including bonuses
Just remember a bonus is always something they can not give you.

>is it too late to get into devops or that meme fell off?
No. Older people aren't updating their skillset. Younger people still aren't being taught the skills in school. Now is the ideal time for self-learners to get ahead of the field.

VC parasite. I'm jelly.

Oof

Probably sell more drugs.

Yes. I could wash dishes at Applebees for $8 an hour.

$75k comfy government job in low cost of living area, no real stress.

(cont'd)
but i prefer my soul uncrushed

Your fortune: Good news will come to you by mail

How long were out of school? You in Ontario, Canada?

I'm this guy

I'd be ok with a 60k job

>I could wash dishes at Applebees for $8 an hour.
Honest work is honest work. Go and wash dishes this year, be assistant manager next year.

Or is that kind of work beneath you, since you are a temporarily embarrassed millionaire?

Rolled 70 (1d100)

im not poor. Id rather try my hand at flipping thrift store crap on ebay than wash dishes for a pittance. Although I COULD use the socializing aspect of a restaurant job. . ... .hmmmmm . .. . ...

Why not do both?

Best of luck, user.

>How long were out of school? You in Ontario, Canada?
Yes. I got a job right out of school for like.. 40k. It was shit and they fired me without giving me a reason. Within a year I was sitting in a much better job for probably 65-70k. Been about 5 years since.

>get 20 cs job interviews in big city 8 hour drive away.
>can't go there because too poor. Never have enough cash to put up.
>parents refuse to help
>parents pay for sibling's rent and tuition in the most expensive city in the country.
who knows that least favorite child feel?

u didn't get twenty interviews u larper
u got two

Nah I actually got 20. I applied to like a whole month of jobs in a city with a bunch of jobs. Some of them were face to face and some were phone screens but still, I would admit that maybe the phone screens don't count.

Those who are self-teaching in order to get a job, how did you decide what to learn? I started learning mobile development, then saw there weren't that many jobs for it compared to other areas and started having second thoughts.

Take a bus? The train?

I think that is the wrong way to think about it. Instead of thinking about a set of skills to learn, think about something cool to make and then figure out what you have to learn to accomplish it.