Telegram now lets you delete mesages for both sides of the conversation forever

>telegram now lets you delete mesages for both sides of the conversation forever
well i guess thats it, any alternative that isnt run by fucking retards?

Attached: 1508425083618.png (500x576, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ha1BvdFuJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=-ha1BvdFuJQ

except the synced (((cloud))) backup :))))

Now? I'm pretty sure that has always been like that. If I delete my message it's being deleted from the other end as well. I've used this feature and seen it being used.

How is this bad?

It only enables devious behavior, and you lose control of your client.

Deleting things on your side only is legitimate because you might want to hide it from someone or might want to not see something cringe etc.

But deleting for the other person(s) only enables sneaky behavior, like deleting your pms to someone. Now they have no log of what you said, which might have been important to them. And in groups it is just used to say retarded things and then delete.

Thus your client is working against you and you need a third party logger.

It had a limit of 48 hours. After that you couldnt delete, but now you can delete everything from the other person with no limits.
Its literally censorship.

>Deleting things on your side only is legitimate because you might want to hide it from someone or might want to not see something cringe etc.
I can't imagine any situation where I would want to delete a message only from myself. Of course I want to delete it from everyone. I don't have a thin skin so I would have to start deleting posts I consider """cringe""". Like say that I accidentally type a password there, or say something in the wrong chat while talking in multiple chats. I definitely want to erase my mistake from everyone. If it would by default only delete it from the client end then people might use it wrong and think it was deleted from everybody, while it wasn't. Removing the 48 hour rule is not a big deal for me since I didn't even know about it.

OP here, i mean you can now delete what the other person posted from his own chat.

Lets say you comment someone an idea you have. He can now just delete all your coments from your own chat history, say it was his idea all long and you will have no proof. That is fucking horeshit, i cannot trust any new person now.

Attached: 1553818412552.png (311x279, 196K)

I don't see why anyone should be able to delete other people's posts. Maybe in some group chat that needs moderating but I'm not in any of those. I think people should be able to delete their own posts, not posts sent by other people. That doesn't make any sense but maybe it was easier for the developers.

>If I delete my message it's being deleted from the other end as well.
Let me run that again: You, being a person A, could delete everything a person B has wrote for both of you.

>How is it bad that you can delete things for other people
Is this the level of critical thinking taught in our schools nowadays?

>NOOOOOOO I CAN'T KEEP LOGS AND INCRIMINATING CONVERSATIONS ANYMORE
Maybe you shouldn't be a nigger or talk to niggers.

facebook roasties who screenshot entire conversations and send them around btfo
No other person would be upset by this.

>someone threatens you in an extortion attempt
>they delete the message
GEE BILLY WHY IS THIS BAD

Meh, just sounds like an April Fool's joke.

>not taking a screenshot and maybe some offline logs for yourself when this happens
>having people that threaten your life in your Telegram contacts
>they were already able to do this before the update

brainlet, the point is that it shouldnt be something the other person can do.
You dont need to have a serial killer in your contacts to get a threat.

>still doesn't let you mute people so you don't see their messages while in a group chat
Telegram fucking blows.

No. Now other people can delete your messages too.

This is in the best interest of people who truly need to worry about cia niggers.
If im getting cucked by the feds I want all trace of my activity gone world wide, wire has had this feature since the start. You're probably not as interested in security as you think if this is an issue. If someone sends you a threat and deletes it before you have time to Screenshot you probably didn't get enough time to read it anyway, literally don't see this being an issue for anyone besides Facebook roasties and teens involved in drama.

>muh facebook buzzwords
In other words is great as long as you dont have friends. It should be something both sides agree with, i dont need daddy telegram hiding me from the invisible cia people.

If you're just talking to your friends obviously that feature wouldn't be valuable to you, that's the point.

I want to delete my comments and yours.
Connect all your devices to the internet, publicly share all your drive without needing credentials, turn off any firewalls on the devices or any network hardware, and post the ip address to this thread.♥️

Isn't it obvious

Attached: Signal_Blue_Icon.png (1024x1024, 15K)

What are you talking about OP? This is good. The opposite is having all your messages permanently in the cloud forever.

if someone pretends to be your friend you are fucked.
this doesnt benefits anyone but the person who decides to delete a conversation. If something went wrong before you at least would be safe with your own history.
Essentially you cant trust anybody, if an old friend decides to betray you you wouldnt know until is too late.

Again, this should be a common agreement, not a default feature.

The whole point for a lot of these people is making the chats as secure as possible, from a security perspective this makes a lot lore sense. If someone betrays you then deleting their own shit isn't necessarily a problem.

nothing, OP retarded as usual
samefagging
this is not even comparable fucking retard

>The whole point for a lot of these people is making the chats as secure as possible
>receiver deleting the coment a sender did is safe
>someone deleting something you said from your own history forever is safe

>if i wait for a bunch of people to say something i can later act smart and just call everybody a retard

Oh I didn't read you could delete anyone's messages from both sides, thats retarded. Still. Don't see a problem with being able to delete your own messages anywhere though.

>Don't see a problem with being able to delete your own messages anywhere though.
because that has never been an issue. Thats a great feature, but what telegram allows now is just plain retarded.

kek I didn't read the OP, what the fuck. Deleting your own messages is fine but why would you also want to delete something someone else sent to you in THEIR dispositive.

Attached: file.png (1163x504, 580K)