How do you organize your music? Most of the time, I only like one or two songs from album

How do you organize your music? Most of the time, I only like one or two songs from album.

Do you delete the rest of the songs in an album?

Attached: music.jpg (626x626, 76K)

i delete all albums where every song isn't worth listening to

Attached: 1552622455387.jpg (608x453, 254K)

I don't, I just search for the song or album and listen to it, I can do this because I don't use a music player built for Autists

Attached: GEnnyGV.png (1920x1080, 69K)

/file/media/music
Everything gets dumped there and foobar handles the rest.

the works are albums. you may like a song or two but the album makes the entirety of the piece. it's like saying you only like mona lisa's eyebrows and cover up the rest.

This

I keep everything. I even keep stuff that I removed from my active library in case I ever come back to it. My directory looks like this:
/collection/{active,archive}/genre/artist/album/## artist - title.{opus,mp3}
Where ## is the number of that title, obviously. Sorting out genres is not really that clear sometimes, but then again it's only for me, there's noone paying for anything here. I also maintain an archive of flac files that I encode to vbr opus or mp3 for listening, just in case I find a new format I want to use.
t. digital hoarder

also, /music/artist/albums(or eps)/year - album name/padded song number - title. collaborations go into their own artist folder if it's an album, otherwise in whoever's the main artists' folder. and tags, of course.

But this is generally false.

I'm trying a new method where I would use the rating tag to mark songs I dislike so that they won't play when I shuffle.

Tedious but I can't bring myself to delete songs.

not for the music i listen to, you top-40 faggot

I unnionically use spotify and have around 40 playlists

he probably listens to soundtracks, leave him alone

kill yourself fucking degenerate

so... albums?

I have a bunch of collections of folk songs and shorter classical pieces.

This. Also, don't use EQ. The audio professional already did that for you before the music went retail.

least intelligent post of all time

Attached: 1541789955352.png (456x465, 417K)

I've consider this to free me from the hassle, but Spotify doesn't have my weeb songs.

kek

I agree with this guy.

beets.io + custom config
I have a python script for setting everything straight once it's imported. Want to figure out how to make it scan my slsk folder and run automatically.

This is not a joke. Tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of labor are spent in engineering a record.
If you don't like how it sounds without an EQ, you don't like it.

I agree that equalisation is done purposefully, but not in the way you think. One of the critical goals of mixing is compatibility between systems. Which is impossible. Your bass may be loud enough for laptop speakers and not too loud for headphones, but never both.
If your system lacks bass, use an EQ. Hell, if you just enjoy bass, use an EQ. If you've lost your hearing above 15kHz, use an EQ.
An engineer will say "this mix will sound good for most people", but never "this will sound exactly the same for everyone"

Exactly, using an EQ is for poorfags.

Directory tree in ncmpcpp with all of /home/Music dumped into the database.
Also this , with only a few exceptions.

EQ is poor man's compensation for shitty hardware. Fight me.

Just one folder with everything in it (properly tagged though, I'm not a savage after all)