Anyone got a personal/business website?

Anyone got a personal/business website?

What's the best host to use for a simple Wordpress website?

Is Wordpress still the go-to service in 2019?

Attached: 1554328061353[1].jpg (660x400, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bluehost.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most people here would recommend Digital Ocean's $5 dollar VPS

I'm running two websites on one, but they both get 0 traffic as of right now. I'm still developing both of them.

If you have the time to run nginx and are comfortable with the command line, then use a VPS! But be warned, there are a few things you must remember to do:

1. Turn off password authentication
2. Make sure you only log on with ssh
3. Install Fail2ban

All of these things are straight forward, and the Digital Ocean docs actually walk you through them (except for install Fail2ban)
The docs will even help you get nginx up and running. They really do have amazing documentation!

I used to use digi, but I use aws now because it only charges you a few cents for every hundred viewers, rather than a solid 5 every month no matter what.

It seems that whatever you're using is optimized for web hosting. If I were OP and I cared about dollars, then I would probably go for that option. Are you using LightSail? The amazon web services are overly complicated imo

With the Digital Ocean VPS, you can use it for whatever you want. You can also turn it into a VPN for privacy lol

I'm not a Jow Forums frequenter so half those terms are foreign to me.

Is DigitalOcean accessible for an advanced normalfag?

bluehost.com/

That's the host I used last, was looking for a different one this time round.

If it isn't broken and there's no better alternatives though...

I run a wordpress for a local high school robotics club using AWS Lightsail tree fiddy plan.

- 20GB SSD
- 512MB RAM
- 1 vCPU
- 1 TB monthly traffic

$5 plan is also good
- 40GB SSD
- 1GB RAM
- 1 vCPU
- 2 TB monthly traffic

Oh hey that's what Sep7agon runs on.
Cheat if you're reading this, fuck you.

Attached: eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNzA3Mzc5NTUyODE4Mjk4 (217x218, 57K)

A couple years ago I would have said Nearlyfreespeech, but they changed their pricing model and fucked everything up. You could just sign up for AWS free tier and use the single virtual server they give you

you have two domains pointing to one server with the same content? or two sites two domains one server?

WordPress still the most used. Sure you could built a better site but it'll be more troublesome unless you already have the skills.

Might want to check DreamHost, their shared starter plans are very cheap if you buy a 3 year hosting plan.

Squarespace seems to be the goto for people who are too lazy to code.

I have a server that uses nginx as a virtual host and a reverse proxy. So that means two different domains, two different websites, one server

They have a shit ton of brainlet tutorials

Wordpress is a steaming pile of shit and you are literally fucking retarded if you continue using it in 2019.

Static site generators are fine for 99% of usecases.

Attached: serveimage.png (1573x871, 66K)

>Static site generators are fine for 99% of usecases.

Hello squarespace employee.

Any answer that is not GitHub page is wrong.

Nah if you worked for squarespace you wouldn't shill like this, it's all about that linkback.

Run apache on aws free ec2 linux serverThis

neocities

Attached: 1536932137803.jpg (1024x576, 89K)