For those of you that have had CS internships in the past, how exactly did you get your position...

For those of you that have had CS internships in the past, how exactly did you get your position?Did you bullshit your way into a position?

Currently, I just seem to get by in my degree, I don't really go to class or anything but I consider myself to be a decent programmer (I do leetcode and I understand data structures on a basic level, that being said the projects on my resume are meh at best)

Any advice?

Attached: thiccy.jpg (750x935, 449K)

I forgot to clarify, I only go to classes for exams/quizzes, I no longer attend lectures because I find them to be a waste of time -- I have around a 3.2 cumulative GPA which isn't impressive or anything I know.

cute picture of me

im in the same boat op. currently in my second year.

I asked someone in the anime club to refer me to his company

damn I'm in third year and really have been putting off internships, I feel really behind and I want to have a position lined up for when I graduate (plus extra money would be great right now)

i wanted to atleast attempt to get one this summer but it seems like everything i come across is out of my reach. feelsbad

I don't have any friends so I don't think thats an option, I submitted a ton of applications like 2 days ago or so, maybe around 40ish.

I worry about interviews and if I get hired I feel like I'll suffer from impostor syndrome...

i wouldnt worry about imposter syndrome. i sat in on a intro to java class i took when i first started and i remember when i took that class i had a hard time but while i was sitting there i was just like holy fuck how are these people struggling this much with this material. just bury your head and work

O S A K A
S
A
K
A

why are incels attracted to asian women so much?

I had a shitload of hackathon projects and other stuff. 4 or 5 projects got over 100 stars on github. I also had an internship every summer throughout college, which made them get progressively better (ending up with one in FAANG and then accepting a full time).

they were rejected by women in thier own country

There are scientific studies on this actually. Asians as a group are the highest in neoteny (considered a beneficial trait for attraction).

Also Asian girls also tend to be more feminine (bordering on the line of hyper-feminine)

White women don't age well, and niggers are niggers. Also white women need to be shown their fucking place.

Attached: tsuruko_37929815_293325514763305_5071648965397577728_n.jpg (1080x1350, 240K)

Also its asian girls that love white cock

Attached: 1553653407895.png (611x759, 314K)

the average asian woman isnt any more attractive than your average white woman

yeah they're either really hot or really not

or they're just average

Asian girls are slimmer, that alone is enough. The white woman that you think is average is probably not average, at least not in the US.

lmao nip and flip women :p cute

americans arent white

I just got an internship in a Microsoft owned company. I put myself as available for jobs and they wrote me a private message inviting me to a group meeting with a bunch of candidates. Im a third year comp. Engineering student

What do your qualifications look like? Do you have a crazy portfolio? Previous projects? Crazy GPA? Prestigious school?

this, slim is enough

I didn't even have my github linked in my LinkedIn. They didn't care nor even look at my GPA since i didn't give it to them. My school is the best in the country for computer science stuff but its not top 10 in the world... The pay is not great, like 450 yurobucks a month, but for an internship i think its normal here. All i did was seem very very interested (because i am) and enthusiastic. The first month will be for training, so theres no need to even know too much before going.
I have friends who i know are smarter and more qualified than me, and they got rejected. I think its because they are too cocky and cynical in the interviews.

How many places did you apply to before you got that internship?

I didn't apply anywhere, they wrote me a message offering the job. I've never applied nor had any kind of job before.
Are you american? I think the problem is that the industry is oversaturated in the united states. But here in europe its pretty easy to get jobs in IT

yeah Im in NYC, its pretty fucking competitive and I come from a no name school so its rough

Well there's the problem. Not only are you in the USA, but you're in NY. Only worse place i can think of to be if you're from a no-name school is silicon valley.
Wish you good luck

Thanks man I applied to like 40+ positions, fingers crossed

its who you know. i couldve had an internship at ebay when i was 19 because i knew a lead developer. it wouldnt have been paid tho so i got a real job instead

*sniffs* i would rub my dick on those cute feet

F E E T
E
E
T

Try 400, or perhaps 4000, over the course of 16 months, while also having 7 years of experience. Eat shit and die you autistic entitled scum.
t. desktop support / network admin / sysadmin / network engineer / unix administrator who is currently bagging your groceries at night and punching your movie tickets on the weekends

not anymore. But they used to be white, you know?

Why not just stay at the company where you accumulated so many years of experience? Or did they let you go, just mean you weren't really an asset...

how about coming home to a big tits chinese gf like pic related?

Attached: edit.gif (780x740, 226K)

Imagine the smell

what sort of smell?