Who else the two gigabytes of ram meme?

Who else the two gigabytes of ram meme?

Attached: jojoijoijojioij.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Stop being gay OP!

Attached: me.jpg (1080x600, 173K)

whats the smallest VideoRam you need to play modern games?

and is there any way to buypass this/ trying to work out what GPU I need working in a old MXM slot to make my upgrades worth it.

more vram means you can have higher quality textures

Looks neat, where can I download it?

ya but there was a time when games wouldn't run on low vram. I think that probably still exists but you would need a dog shit system to hit this limit. im upgrading a 2008 laptop with a mxm 2.3 IIIV or 3.0 slot (not sure)

I looked into it and might not be able to get much better than a 260m or some thing but possibly could get a 1060 speed Quadro in it with like 8gb lol. (will require extensive bios hacking thou)

>there was a time when games wouldn't run on low vram
that time is long ago, all cards have enough vram to run games, they just run at low texture quality

My computer is still running after 10 years.
Probably gonna replace it next year.
Here's the kicker, it's an ABIT motherboard.

Attached: 1305813121000.jpg (432x288, 13K)

what about a 500mb card from 2009/2010 thou.

then it starts to use normal RAM
if you use a really old card then it likely won't support rendering features of modern games and not work at all instead of running out of ram

oh right like SM4.0 support will kill it loading the game before vram does I understand …

I have a 960 with 2gbs of ram and often hit the limit in several modern games, having insane popin, crashes, and sometimes even being denied the ability to play in some shit games, wtf happened to developers optimizing literally anything? I remember when getting 4gbs was considered unnecessary unless playing at 4k, now it's required to play fucking medium at 1080p? It's only been 2 generations, wtf are they doing with consoles?

that's wierd
2GB isn't even that low

I played on 650Ti with 1GB not too long ago, had zero problems minus the obvious one, that the performance was horrible. Sounds like your card is fucked.

Friendly reminder you can play OPs game on xbox 360 which has 512mb of ram shared between the os and game, and even less vram. You can also play far cry 4 on the same system. A 2014 game on a 2005 console. Pretty incredible how surprisingly decent it looks considering everything.

any way I can game on a t420 with integrated hd 3000?
Somehow make the system use RAM instead of non existent VRAM?

Attached: Capture.png (768x458, 39K)

>Somehow make the system use RAM instead of non existent VRAM?
Using RAM as VRAM is horribly slow.
>hd 3000
Trackmania Nations Forever won't even run at 60FPS at 1024x768, what the hell you want to play on that? Even Doom 3 from 2004 doesn't reach 60FPS.

my pubg crashes with 4gb of ram on max settings if you lower them thou it wont crash.

Let me help you a bit
Change it to 1 as in the pic

Attached: iu89u0.png (1005x569, 30K)

Thanks!

Yeah I can play those games fairly fine, it's all of these shit battle royal games and shit.
I'm talking about games like forza, the division, battlefield 5, and I tried the new call of duty during a free weekend and it also was dog shit.

I plan on upgrading to a 2060 this summer along with the rest of my system, hopefully that'll be fine until this ray tracing meme takes off. Will probably have to get another 1tb SSD for all muh 70gb AAA gaymes