Terrible flipphone idea

aight Jow Forums listen to this
flipphones are practically useless for anything but calling and texting and you're fucked if you wanna be a member of today's society using one
so what if we have some old android phone set up at home running some server that receives/replies to text messages
so say you have your flipphone and you text the server say "weather" (or just "w" cause t9 sucks and multitap is slow), the server does some cool api internet shit, and replies to you with the answer
or you could have it auto text you say x notifications from whatever social media you like, and the ability to reply, etc
now you can have your comfy flipphone and use it too
phone line would also be cheaper since texts are pretty much free, and you won't need internet (flipphone obvs won't need it, server has wifi at home)
if needing 2 phone lines is an issue, either use a cheap text only burner sim for the server, or some service like textra since the server has internet...
good idea? bad idea? am i a fag? replies/ideas/this has already been dones very appreciated.

Attached: comfy.jpg (440x500, 29K)

I'll make the logo!

Idk where you live user, but are really text messages that cheap? I don't think so... why not get a fliphone with internet?

I did something similar with an ftp server
Got a file where you can write commands into
as soon as you do that, the ftp server will detect that the file has been modified, read the command, clear the file and execute it.
Result then goes in a log file.

they're literally free with every plan, aside from a few prepaid ones
where do you live? (swede here.)

oh textra isn't actually a cloud and service it was just the first thing i thought off when i was thinking off for some reason
did it work well? if you think adapting it for this is reasonable, care to upload the code somewhere? a few pre-made commands would be nice.

It worked well, but you need FTP for it.
Probably not worth uploading

Attached: ss (2019-04-04 at 14.50.37).png (297x166, 8K)

Attached: ss (2019-04-04 at 14.53.21).png (303x326, 10K)

>cause t9 sucks
u fucking w0t

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-095707.png (720x1280, 147K)

oh my god sweden does is the perfect country to be born in

But, why OP? Seriously, why go to flip phones except to escape social media and internet? The government still tracks your every move through the cell towers, you might as well benefit from GPS and google maps.

I love it! how hard would it be to pull this off?

Way too easy. If you have a phone with internet, just set up a web service on a server and you're done.
If you don't, set a GSM software with a real number to receive and reply SMSs. But that'd get really expensive after a while, client and server side.

Are you a teenage girl who texts in class?

all I ever wanted was a flip phone with gba emulator and in which I could reply to whats app messages somehow

Attached: 1553091859717.jpg (1280x461, 105K)

There are android flip phones user

Attached: avxk0ylaejgm0qisbz2o.jpg (620x620, 44K)

works like 75% of the time for me, but I guess I just need to make some insane custom dictionary...
i just want the comfyness of a smol flipphone, if it was for privacy I'd do something else.
aside from the gba emulator, that's kinda the point of this.
own one. 90% of apps don't work with the keypad. don't buy one. (pic related)
aside from shit politics, yes we do have really nice internet and phone plans.

Attached: IMG_20190404_151406.jpg (768x1280, 462K)

emulators work perfectly with these, including nintendo DS.
Can be had for like $200 now, has very long battery life for a smartphone (2 to 7 days for me)

Attached: item_XL_24158085_35328554.jpg (500x440, 34K)

Actually more like 300

Attached: ss (2019-04-04 at 15.18.04).png (1162x581, 206K)

me running NDS emulator

Attached: IMG_20171223_170111.jpg (3120x4160, 2.42M)

it would neatly fit the aesthetic I'm looking for if it was a flip phone with multi-tap pad

Attached: 1553108054998.jpg (524x424, 34K)

Of course sweetie :)

Yeah, the T9 function isn't that good, but the best part about this keyboard is that it's possible to shorten the Multitap interval to type letters on the same button faster

how is the screen on this thing? some claim that it falls out off the frame

that's not a flipphone retard
if I wanted a keyone/keytwo/whatever, this thread wouldn't be a thing.
it's also nowhere near the size of say, a razr.

That issues was on the first production batch back in 2016 or something.
Blackberry acknowledged it and offered free replacements for everyone affected, then made sure it doesn't happen again.
Black edition never has this issue for example, because they started being produced after they fixed it.
I read that as "I want GBA emulator, I want keys that are actually supported by apps"
retard

i never said I wanted a gba emulator, that was i don't even want it to run android, that's why I'm doing this bullshit in the first place..

here it's impossible to have a plan without free unlimited texts.