Do you have the habit of reading? even ebooks at least?

Do you have the habit of reading? even ebooks at least?

Attached: Richard_Stallman_Books.jpg (1536x2048, 372K)

yes i read doujins everyday

Attached: f34a.jpg (556x556, 154K)

I read like 20+ books last year but not even a single page so far in 2019

Are you implying ebooks are inferior?

I have tons and tons and tons of books as PDFs stored on my laptop. I like reading them when I forget a book. I have shit ranging from Shel Silverstein to Hitchens to Plutarch

other than this, I'll usually read some sort of fantasy series over a year

When you are bored, instead of picking up your phone or mindlessly browsing web start reading a book. Or just force yourself to read when you are lying in your bed. Works for me.

Attached: IMG_20190403_121221_593.jpg (1080x1080, 136K)

I never really liked reading but my job has 2-8 hours of downtime in a day plus time sitting in a hotel away from him so I picked up reading to pass the time. Finished The Wheel of Time a couple months ago and now I'm reading light novels for anime that will never see the light of another season.

Also have a few other series stacked up to read recommended by friends.

hentai doujins are based as fuck
i get infinitely more value from those than trash like lottor and game of throws, harry pothead
either you read to educate yourself or for entertainment, why settle for something that is neither

Pro tip: If you hate reading books, try listening to an audiobook. It's like night and day not having to strain my eyes following a text.

Reading books is overrated. I read 5 books this year, 4 of them fantasy novels, one book about Buddhism. I don't feel smarter.
Most novels are not much better than TV and technical books are not better than using the internet really.

>I read 5 books this year, 4 of them fantasy novels, one book about Buddhism. I don't feel smarter.

I wonder why.

Reading is way too understimulating for me and it drives me nuts I just can't sit and read

My point is, that the medium itself doesn't say much about the quality of the work. I know those books were light reading and I treat them as such. What I can not understand are people who read any book and think they are superior to people who don't read. In the end it's about information and if you think deeply about it.

I still try to learn new things, but maybe I focus too much on tech.

Even boomers listen to audiobooks now. I don't think anyone still alive claims superiority for reading physical books.

I finished "Linux Basic for Hackers" yesterday
Tonight i want to start reading "Linux bible"

Attached: Book HTML EPUB summary.png (1197x1009, 51K)

>fanfiction

Attached: 15524609.jpg (228x216, 10K)

>Imagine the smell

I usually read Wikipedia articles or some shitty paranormal stuff before going to sleep.

Yeah, been going through C++ Primer, Programming Principles And Practices C++, and a lil bit of Learning OpenCV Using C++
As for non tech books:
Growth Of The Soil,
Most Dangerous Book: 9/11 As Mass Ritual,
and Cults, Conspiracies, And Secret Societies

I read more manga than actual pdf books

Have sex.

Have sex.

>harry potter
>fanfiction

Attached: C4wNl4pUYAAOLOq.jpg (419x448, 30K)

Are kerouac and bukowski Jow Forums approved? I like them a lot. As for more Jow Forums-related stuff:
>sicp
>tannenbaum's computer networks
>k&r
All very pleasant reads in their own ways.

This

How's C++ primer?

i read for an hour a week at least
it's not much, but better than my previous 0 hours/week
i'm currently reading republic of fear

used to back when magazines were fun

around the dot com bubble was when lots and lots of awful books came out to make a quick buck. we never went back.

Attached: comfy.png (1280x1812, 3.02M)

It's kinda dry but really explains a lot
If I had never programmed before and started reading it then I'd be totally lost tho

>you're reading this right now

Attached: 5PdDLMK.jpg (960x960, 69K)

Ive read about 700 ebooks last year. Mostly through kindle unlimited, some through rips because no unlimited option. Everything from old rome to self published scifi.

Let me tell you that after a while you get extremely picky in what you want in a book and what not.

Also books from writers like dostojevskij are pretentious shit and are horribly written. I dont understand why this is seen as historicaly valuable

read classics, not modern shit. the older, the better.
and novels are a popular medium, they have literally the status like comic books and they always have