Jow Forums humor thread

Welcome to /humor/ - Technology Humor General

Attached: 0b7b209f2d27afce50a56a1749461de84d85ae235f21e803838d1a9782a5a4af.png (4760x4986, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/qa/thread/2377476/#2378133
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: file.png (968x864, 84K)

anime website

Attached: Windows Pass.jpg (947x2058, 347K)

Attached: 1554419782940.jpg (999x650, 117K)

Attached: 1541465962662.png (750x1050, 183K)

>slide to unclock

Attached: 1549864596957.jpg (1973x5000, 1.41M)

Attached: not_anime_website.jpg (574x81, 19K)

>Hiro
Opinion discarded

Attached: 1552206555518.png (862x131, 7K)

Kill yourself
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/2377476/#2378133

Attached: 1552733133701.jpg (500x493, 108K)

you can clearly see which one of these is the retard by the file extension alone

Attached: developers.png (650x430, 85K)

God it scares me that people code like this.

I mean we've all seen shit tier code from clueless people. But whoever wrote that knew enough to be very dangerous.

Attached: sequential read.png (445x472, 138K)

classic case of someone who is smart enough to write complex systems but dumb enough to not make them simple

Attached: d8309b06.jpg (583x767, 77K)

Friendly but firm reminder

Attached: yotsuba_anime.png (1024x768, 1.27M)

imagine gatekeeping Jow Forums

Attached: iksd.jpg (511x348, 67K)

>gatekeeping
imagine thinking that you belong on Jow Forums

this is not an anime website anymore :^)

then why are you having to argue with someone to prove it isn't an anime website?

>imagine thinking that you belong on Jow Forums

Attached: 1551751498401.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

normiefag reee

its already been proving and is well known, i dont need to argue it. someone saying something that isnt true does not give credence to it :^)

watch: the sky is green

:..

>watch: the sky is green
Looks pretty green to me

Attached: photo-1489864983806-4d0d07e2d37d.jpg (1000x668, 119K)

I don't get it

thats not the sky :^)

just like this isnt an anime website

Indeed, I don't belong here, but how would you possibly know? I could be everyone and no one at the same time. This is the power of anonimity.

Sure thing, retard

please elaborate on how a natural occurrence within the atmosphere is not "part of the sky".
oh wait, you can't

Attached: Aurora_australis_ISS.jpg (720x480, 282K)

>within the atmosphere
>sky

what is the sky?

the firmament

so do we live in a dome too then?

how new r u

>implying we don't
heretic

Attached: GIANT BUG.png (461x660, 62K)

Friendly reminder that the sky is blue because of the Rayleigh scattering, that has an inverse dependance to the fourth power of the light frequency, causing the light to shift to the violet, adjusted via our eyes efficiences in the green.

It's blue because of the water above the firmament.

That explains rain...

I've been on 4channel for over 4 and a half months now, kiddo. Are you perhaps seeing something that isn't there?

damn we got an oldfag over here

Yes. The LORD lets some down for growing the plants and keeping the animals and people watered.

Leave it to the anti-anime fag to be a christcuck

Thanks Jesus. I pray every night that Jesus can finally stop being an incel

I'm a different person. Here is anime. This is an anime imageboard.

Attached: 1543197415864.jpg (1032x580, 108K)

Big oof

correct

imagine watching anime rofl

Imagine having to explain again the implications of Jow Forums being an "anime website".

While there are boards for all manner of topics the fact remains that a substantial portion relates to Japanese culture and anime, and the site itself is themed around anime/manga, in particular Yotsuba.
It is understandable, then, that a large portion of the userbase has interests in Japanese animes, as well as other things. Thus it is entirely reasonable that weeb shit makes its way into other boards JUST LIKE other offtopic pictures do, and understandable that it does more-so than others.
The problem isn't when someone posts anime in an off topic board. The problem is when they avatarfag (using anime in this case) or when anime discussion takes place in an off topic board.
If they're just flavoring their post or somehow making a point with the image then it is perfectly acceptable. If you complain about that then you should also equally complain about EVERY off topic image, otherwise you're a god damn hypocrite.
This argument needs to stop.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Cardcaptor_Sakura_07_(960x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[25CFECF6].mkv_snapshot_03.16_[2011.06.01_00 (960x720, 64K)

ahahahaha anime nerd ahaha

>oldfag
It's "oldie", not "old***". Get with the times, grandfather.

>not censoring when using the reddit arrows
try harder next time

> ITT: Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls

Next time I will, Hiro. I will.

Attached: hiroshimoot and some other guy.jpg (585x466, 82K)

at least I sage during my bouts of bored shitposting

Right, but we're not on Jow Forums.

Literally who

Attached: arch.png (528x1406, 707K)

Correct.

>i hate the botnet, i even hate reading about it
>so tell me, show me what you did
>i installed gentoo
>oh my god i cant believe you installed gentoo
>where did you do that
>I did it at the mall at that new linux distribution store they have
>c-can i touch it
>yes
>mmm that feels floss
>can i touch it again
>go ahead

I like Dragon Ball. That counts

I had someone at work who wrote something in php that ran on a Cron job. He didn't know regex so he uses thousands of if statements. we spent $300 per month on a dedicated server to run that software every night for an hour.

Years later I rewrote the entire thing in python. took 3 minutes to run.

>thousand of if statements
so how is regex implemented?

>he uses thousands of if statements. we spent $300 per month on a dedicated server to run that software every night for an hour.
you dont know how computers work

They're usually implemented by generating a finite state machine, and there are many ways a good library can optimize it. IIRC PCRE2 can literally generate an executable code instead of traversing a graph of the machine.

>pcre2
>state machine
You're gonna have to backtrack out of that one.

Imagine being on Jow Forums rofl

>a finite state machine
and how is that implemented?
if statements

I honestly don't know how it's implemented inside. Unless you meant that Perl-compatible regexps are more expressive than simple regular expressions. Then yeah, sure, they're not FSMs.

Usually, optimized ones would use jump tables. At very least, I'd expect bisection using conditionals. Raw linear conditional chains are seldom considered optimal.

If you just need to recognize a string using an FSM, you can actually make a finite state machine just as a matrix that represents the state transition function. Branch-free. And if you need to perform an action just put function pointers inside (I actually did that once).

jump tables can only be applied under the right circumstances, usually its just that, a bunch of coniditional jumps (if statements)

function pointers are branches

Look, user. We're proud that you know of Böhm-Jacopini theorem. It's not really relevant to this discussion, though, unless we're in the "pedant of the year" award.

If you're designing an optimized state machine and the states aren't sequential in order to do an efficient jump table, what are you even doing?
Anyway, bisection can be performed regardless of what the state values are, so while it is using conditional jumps, it's far from what one would generally expect from "thousands of if statements".

Explain.

>We're proud that you know of Böhm-Jacopini theorem
what the fuck is that? fucking CS student retards pretending to be smart

are you aware of the topic being discussed? You don't have a sequential series of states, you have an aribtrary string and the next character/state could be anything

Are you mixing up states with state transitions?

regex is just thousands of if statements under the hood, so is every program

Nice Jow Forums humor thread guys

Attached: 1490733328705.gif (169x271, 499K)

>/humor/
people in Jow Forums explaining quicksort makes me laugh

there's nothing wrong with gatekeeping
back to r*ddit you go

>job interview
>const constexpr const strconst std::string const const
Explain what every use of "const" does in this statement.

Attached: const-constexpr-const-strconst-stdstring-const-const.png (706x628, 72K)

>C++
i would rather cut my dick off and feed it to feminists

Attached: Screenshot_20190311100933_DuckDuckGo.jpg (464x703, 56K)

Based

Attached: 1548111055250.png (426x332, 22K)

Attached: 1549225105399.png (896x922, 221K)

We're on 4channel tho.

What does that mean? That blacks and women are superior to white men?

It means that white man emojis were created before black and women emojis, so they have lower codepoints.

That's what USB condoms are for

Sounds like you're the one who doesn't understand computers.