Gpu apparently doesn't have enough power so it kills my pc when the game is too demanding

>gpu apparently doesn't have enough power so it kills my pc when the game is too demanding
What PSU should I upgrade to?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1024x683, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817151226?ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's your budget user?

You fucking idiot. Maybe tell us what PSU you even have, and what other hardware you have, otherwise we don't know how much power you even need.

650 or 750w if a 500W was not enough, or try undervolting your GPU

Pic related is my specs. I also have two optical drives that I disconnected so I could use the cords for the SSDs I added recently.

I'm a poorfag, I don't have a set budget or anything but I'd like to cut the costs as much as possible. Will probably buy used on ebay unless there's something cheaper and better.

Pic in the OP is the PSU I already have.

Attached: Capture.png (431x399, 23K)

Where I come from a single RX 460 shouldn't crash a 500W PSU. Recommended for it are 350W. Either your PSU is faulty or there's some other issue.

Go ask /pcbg/ or /qtddtot/.

>amd
>runs out of power
pottery

Unless that FX is heavily OC'd, 500-550w is plenty for that pc. Seasonic should have some decent choices in that range.
>buy used on ebay
Never fucking ever skimp on the psu nigger

I plugged the computer into a Kill a Watt and put it under as much load as I could and it only said it was taking 300 watts. Any ideas as to what it could be? Is my GPU just defective? I've hated the thing ever since I bought it

You're a poorfag gamer but you invest money in an SSD instead of a better CPU or GPU. Not only did you wasted money on an SSD but TWO SSD's. Not only you are a poorfag but also a brainlet. Sad thing is your 16GB of RAM could not be re-used on a Ryzen build.

could the issue be the fabled PSU Degradation? Perhaps with age and (heavy) use the PSU has degraded in abilities to deliver power?

How long is it supposed to last? I've only been using it for two years tops

Depends. Is/was it well ventilated/clean? Do you vape in the vicinity of the pc?

Could be just bad luck.

Did you check temps under load? (use hwinfo)
What's your CPU cooler? Maybe the VRM on your MoBo are overheating, better airflow might help in that case.

>tfw using an rx 580 with absolutely no problems

I had the same problem, it turned out to be a faulty corsair PSU. I had it for,like, 4 years. Suddenly when i started to play gpu-intensive games(BF1,assetto corsa) the pc turned off after a minute at most. I just replaced it with a rather crappy cooler master now, so far it works fine(albeit a bit noisy).

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817151226?ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566

Why don't you just pay a shop to fix it? They have other parts available to test and troubleshoot. As a poorfag, it would be expensive to buy say a PSU and still have the same problem then buy a GPU and still have the same problem because the problem was a MOBO. Imagine you bought a MOBO and turns out the new PSU you bought was also faulty. Just pay a shop you stupidfag

>FX
Imagine unirronically using this.
It's definitely your VRM overheating not the PSU.
Open up prime95 and see if it crashes (it will)

How do you know? Did you hooked up a new PSU to check if it isn't a faulty PSU?

Seasonic 750 if you're having problems with 500.

look at cuckboy here, paying others to maintain his own shit. can you even change a tire cuckboy? do you pay a shop to do your taxes? do you just buy a new knife when yours gets dull? I don't even have to ask if you've ever killed and prepared an animal for your own dinner. I bet you've never even caught a fish.

post a pic your macbook pro, or do you need to pay a shop to do that too?

For that CPU alone you need 750w gold

Oh shit, I that cpu and a r9 290x with that psu. I am due a housefire

You're a cuck to your own stupidity. You didn't even addressed any of my points and resorted to ad-hominen. Can you even remain on topic, retard?

Prime95 ran for a while without breaking a sweat. In fact, I've got it running right now. I'm simultaneously running a FurMark stress test - it reports that the GPU temperature is increasing by a degree every couple minutes. I think what's going on is my GPU is overheating, and the fact that the GPU fan speed never exceeds 50% concerns me.

Look up videos on replacing your GPUs thermal paste, it's surprisingly simple.

>Did you hooked up
A 460 won't crash under load in that PC, ESL-kun. OP's issue is something else. Could be the 460 just dying.

>my GPU is overheating
Highly unlikely. It would just throttle if that were the case.

>things that can happen will never happen

That PSU can supposedly do 480W on the 12V rail so there's something wrong when it craps out at 300W. It should be able to handle a 125W CPU and a RX 460 just fine, in fact it's in theory overkill.

I used a 420W Thermalake for a similar system for years and years and years. One day it just turned off on me and I thought WTF do I replace it but I didn't. A day or two later the PC turned off under long heavy load once again. Upon inspection I noticed that the PSU was really full of dust as in massive amounts of it. The case I used at the time didn't have dust-filters. I opened it and cleaned it out and by magic it didn't overheat anymore and I kept on using it.

Not saying your PSU is overheating but something's wrong with it. Either that or it's something else wrong. Your particular unit could crap out at 300W due to some flaw in the unit you got.

It's not the GPU overheating. You can be sure of this for two reasons: The RX460 isn't a very powerful graphics card. It just doesn't generate that much heat. Secondly, GPUs just throttle down if they get too hot, they don't make the computer shut down.

Seasonic S12III 650W

It's $32 on new egg

It is definitely the GPU overheating. I set Afterburner to crank up the fan speeds when it reaches certain temperatures, which it wasn't previously doing, and the problem went away as the GPU never exceeded 50C during the last couple hours I've been playing.