youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value. May have to lower settings in some cases.
>590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; better choice if you want the included games
>1660 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; much more power efficient
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>590 - lower, console-equivalent settings
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: lucky.png (1435x1993, 3.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/
thehackernews.com/2018/03/amd-processor-vulnerabilities.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-8700-cpu-review,5638-2.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/Lkr2yX
youtube.com/watch?v=LoMa51kgj8c
vgr.com/reports-suggest-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-on-pc-is-causing-memory-leaks/
pcpartpicker.com/list/jGXXcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shill thread.

Actual OP.

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

you two have been at it for a while, but at least you can both agree that the pcbg pcpartpicker builds are trash

>The actual OP that assumes everyone pirates
>The actual OP that recommends an insecure CPU
>The actual OP who thinks only non-US prices matter despite more than 50% of builders coming to /pcbg/ being in the US.
ok buddy

Not having the paste is retarded, too. That shit gets asked at least once every thread in the other OP. Those common things at least get asked a bit less with the paste.

The only AMD card that deserves to be in the OP is the 570.
>Recommeding the 590 for 1440p.
Don't know if troll or actual shill.

Am I wasting money if I go ryzen 3 2200G with RX 580? I don't want to spend for ryzen 5 2600, so am I left no choice but to downsize to RX 570?

Is 2 x 4gb ram much better than one stick of 8gb if I don't upgrade down the line?

Recommending a 590 for 1440p makes more sense than shilling the 2060.
At least it has enough VRAM and costs almost 40% less.
We've gone through this DOZENS of threads of you being proven wrong repeatedly yet you won't stop your blatant lies. It's a FACT that some games use over 8Gb of VRAM at 1440p. $350 is too much to pay for a 6Gb card. It's also a fact that every console port will run at 1440p on a 590 fine on the same settings the console would use for 1440p or 1620p or whatever. Lots of people come to /pcbg/ just wanting to run
>at least as well as PS4 Pro/Xbox One X
which the 590 is perfect for.

samefag btw

2200G will sometimes bottleneck the 580. 4 threads is not enough in tons of games now days.
2600 + Rx570 would actually be much better. It can handle a much bigger GPU upgrade in the future and it'll be smooth. 570 isn't much weaker than the 580, especially if you overclock it.
>Is 2 x 4gb ram much better than one stick of 8gb if I don't upgrade down the line?
Read the OP.

Attached: vivaldi_2019-04-05_16-20-53.png (119x82, 2K)

Cringe
Based

assuming i set my settings to mid-high can 2060 do 1440p at least over 100 fps?

Thanks for the (you). I should have mentioned, I don't plan to upgrade, so I don't need a fancy cpu. Is it really worth shelling out for the 2600 if I stick with RX 570 anyway? I am looking exclusively at gaming, and it seems bizarre to spend more on a CPU than gpu.
With RAM, I was hoping for some reason ing more than just a trust me. 4gb seems harder to find so I was mainly wondering if there are real drawbacks that make the 8gb more popular.

example games say RE2,

Depends on the rest of your specs and what's actually happening in-game

We're still waiting on your source that games use over 8gb and having less than that has a negative impact.

>The actual OP that assumes everyone pirates
No, it just doesn't assume that people want trash games like The Division 2, which can't even be pirated, retard

>The actual OP that recommends an insecure CPU
AMD and Intel CPUs are insecure

>only non-US prices matter
All prices in this OP are based on US prices, shithead.

>the paste
The paste is random pointless crap

>Recommending a 590 for 1440p makes more sense than shilling the 2060. At least it has enough VRAM
It does not, not by a long shot. VRAM doesn't matter if the card is too weak to use it at a given resolution. Anyway ALL games can be easily played with 6GB of VRAM at 1440p, most with max/ultra settings.

>It's also a fact that every console port will run at 1440p on a 590 fine on the same settings the console would use for 1440p or 1620p or whatever.
False, anyway people don't buy a 1440p monitor to run games on Medium at sub 30FPS. No point in 8GB of VRAM if you're already forced to run at Medium in order to get the game to run at a slideshow

Prove it
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>Is it really worth shelling out for the 2600 if I stick with RX 570 anyway?
YES because 4 threads won't get you a smooth 60fps minimum in everything. It can be very stuttery.

Depends on game, but for a lot of them yeah.
Like In Destiny 2, even an RX590 is enough for 100fps at medium-high.

The problem, though, is that higher quality textures don't tend make a game run slower. At least not by more than single digit percentage.
Higher quality textures aren't more load on the shaders, they just use more VRAM. But at higher resolution like 1440p, having to turn down textures is going to especially show.

Been posted dozens of times. You see it; ignore it; spam again. You're a troll.
There's a number of games which will use over 8 or 10Gb at 1440p, let alone only 6. Nvidia themselves showed this at one of their presentations to shill gamers on the 1080Ti. 8 is just the bare minimum for 1440p to cover the vast majority of games.
6Gb is only enough if you're a manipulative faggot that just cherrypicks lower VRAM games as if that makes the higher ones not exist.

Attached: muh games only use 3gb i mean 6gb i mean 8gb i mean 11gb.jpg (576x768, 43K)

This is a pretty bad OP, for the following reasons:

>Secure CPUs
AMD CPUs aren't secure

>Moreover, even though earlier AMD had claimed that its CPUs were not exposed to Meltdown-class vulnerabilities, researchers discovered a variation of Meltdown (called Meltdown-BR) that was perfectly operational with AMD CPUs. So at this point, the CPUs of all three of the largest global CPU vendors — AMD, ARM, and Intel — are susceptible to both Meltdown and Spectre. Well, at least to some of the variations from both these families.
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/ - Kaspersky, one of the foremost names in security

>Moreover, researchers also claimed to have found two exploitable manufacturer backdoors inside Ryzen chipset that could allow attackers to inject malicious code inside the chip.
thehackernews.com/2018/03/amd-processor-vulnerabilities.html
Which raises the question, is OP a glowie?

No Intel CPUs are mentioned, because OP is an AMD fanbitch.

>Graphics cards
>580/590
Last gen hardware when new hardware exists, often for better price/perf and 2.5X the efficiency

1440p
>590 - lower, console-equivalent settings
Fine, but no one buys a 1440p monitor to play on Medium at sub 30FPS in new, graphically demanding games like Metro Exodus or Anthem

>1440p
The 2060 isn't even mentioned because of the 'muh VRAM' meme that's been proven false time and time again.
The 1660, 1660Ti, and 2060 all provide better performance than the 590 at 1440p, so obviously the real reason the 2060 isn't mentioned is because OP is an AMD fanbitch

This pic is obviously a meme though. No card even has 28gb of vram
>There's a number of games which will use over 8 or 10Gb at 1440p, let alone only 6.
Yet you don't say which ones

>Been posted dozens of times. You see it; ignore it; spam again. You're a troll.
False, of course there are meme settings that will make an 8GB card crumble

>here's a number of games which will use over 8 or 10Gb at 1440p
Alright then quit recommending the 8GB 590, retard.

The fact is that there are a few games that will reserve more than 6GB but none that actually require it at non meme settings (aka ones that the devs say are for future hardware and have no impact on visual fidelity)

tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-8700-cpu-review,5638-2.html
i actually feel cheated.

my mistake of not buying a K variant could be fixed by buying a AiO or a heatsink rated for 130w.

Based

Attached: fcpphnojlw111.jpg (460x460, 40K)

I like how your strategy is to just continuously spam something that was proven to be wrong and that you know is wrong.
Such as how Meltdown-BR was patched months ago.

>$350 is the same as $220
Imagine being so retarded and so much of a shill to think price relative to specs and performance doesn't matter.

If AMD made a 6Gb $350 card, you wouldn't recommend it, even though it'd actually be enough with HBCC which Nvidia has no equivalent to.

Nah just get an 8100 you wont notice

First time building a PC. Do I need to order all the cables separately, or do the appropriate ones come included with each part?
If I need to buy, how do I know what I need?

I like how your strategy is just to repeatedly claim obvious shit with no source. I have sources, you don't. Clearly "manufacturer backdoors" aren't going anywhere, nor is Spectre et al.

And the $350 card will ALWAYS be better than the $220 card. Go figure. I only recommend components that perform well; of course any AMD products that perform well will be in my OP. I have an RX 470 and an R5 2600. My OP is full of AMD CPUs and has had lots of AMD graphics cards, but the fact of the matter is that Nvidia has released a new gen with corresponding improvements in perf/$ and perf/W, while AMD has not. Get rid of your brand loyalty, mouthbreather

What's the best gaming PC i can build for 1000 USD?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Lkr2yX

I'm not OCing CPU, but what S1CK GPU OC can i get w/ this setup?

Attached: nzxt h500.png (900x900, 528K)

blessed user

>inb4 cries "fake" again

Legitimately good build except there are better PSU options for that price.

Attached: blops VRAM.jpg (2560x1440, 1007K)

Trash SSD
2060 is better for the same price

Don't forget you'll need a nice display to go with a $1000 PC, so add in another $200-$350 if you don't have one, otherwise the money spent on the PC is wasted

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440.png (500x850, 50K)

Imagine being this much of a fanboy, you can't even give unbiased information on a shit ass basket knitting cartoon forum.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>Anyway ALL games can be easily played with 6GB of VRAM at 1440p, most with max/ultra settings.
Try something like FC5 or FH4.
Stop making dumb claims and excuses because Nvidia is too much of a greedy fuck to give us proper VRAM.

>go check out RTX on amazon
>hey those are cheap used!
>check reviews
this cant be right
amazon wouldnt be dumb to keep factory defect products, would they? they claim the product is inspected, but does that means its tested so they know when to RMA to manufacturer?

>$350 for high end model 8Gb card and 3x $60 games is same as $350 for allow end model of a 6Gb card
heh okay nicely shilled my friend

>2060 is better for the same price
>6GB of vram
defend 6GB of vram.

>posts literally fake pics that have been fixed
t. retard

Attached: Far Cry 5 VRAM usage.png (674x350, 17K)

You don't know what allocation is, retard. Blackout will allocate as much VRAM as it can on any card; that doesn't mean it REQUIRES any more than 6GB. This is evidenced by the fact that it runs great on a 2060 at 1440p
youtube.com/watch?v=LoMa51kgj8c

>defend 6GB of vram.
Easy, all games run just fine at 1440p. VRAM does not equal performance

Wow, it's almost like cards with less VRAM can still be more powerful! E.g., 1060 3GB vs 1050Ti 4GB
Get fucked, retard.

>he doesn't know
vgr.com/reports-suggest-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-on-pc-is-causing-memory-leaks/

>t. retard
What is that picture trying to convey?
I literally have Far Cry 5 installed and it takes over 7600MB VRAM at 1440p with everything maxed out, while still running at 80FPS average.

Attached: 1554406157689.png (689x540, 411K)

>VRAM does not equal performance
It does, when there's not enough VRAM available for the engine to run smoothly.
Why are you dumb fucks defending Nvidia's fuckups? I literally have a 1080 Ti and I'm aware that what they are doing is bullshit.

>FH4
>Nvidia is too much of a greedy fuck to give us proper VRAM.
Or they know it's not necessary

Attached: 10072353492l.jpg (752x1002, 384K)

Does the Seasonic S12III 650 use independent DC-DC regulation or are they still doing group regulation with it?

>7600MB VRAM
Not everyone likes to trash the game with shitty mods

>It does,
It does not, shithead.

>there's not enough VRAM available for the engine to run smoothly.
6GB is plenty for any engine at 1440p

>Admits it's lower quality with less VRAM
>Please buy 6Gb card for 1440p though!!!
heh nice
>Hardware Unboxed
What about Linus, though?
>Wow, it's almost like cards with less VRAM can still be more powerful! E.g., 1060 3GB vs 1050Ti 4GB
That's a hilarious example, because in games like RE6 the 1050Ti is actually better than the 1060 3Gb despite the 1060 3Gb costing more. BTFO.

>$220 RX590 96.8 FPS
>$350 2060 102.3 FPS
LOL ???
Imagine BTFOing yourself this hard and CONTINUING TO POST.

>doesn't know the difference between VRAM and RAM
Wow. The intelligence level of an Nvidiot right here.

It's hilarious that 2060 is better than vega at re2

Is the Acer XFA240-bmjdpr a good monitor?

> mods
> on Ubi games
> On a Denuvo-protected game
Mhm, yes.

>it takes over 7600MB VRAM
Again, you don't understand ALLOCATION. ALLOCATION is not a requirement. Many games will 'block off' way more memory than the game actually requires to run smoothly.

Then you are literally lying since with everything maxed at 4k fc5 doesn't use more than 4gb

>Admits it's lower quality
Absolutely not, shithead. It's higher quality with less VRAM. I know it's too much for your little pea brain to comprehend

>because in games like RE6 the 1050Ti is actually better
False, it's not.

>FH4
The 2060 performs as well has the 1080. This proves there are no VRAM limitations. FH4 favors AMD, this is well known. It is included in averages, which still favor the 2060 over both the 590 and V56

Nice read comprehension. The BO4 leakage affects both RAM and VRAM.

>Black Ops 4 uses almost all of your VRAM for shader caching im pretty sure. If you think it is causing crashing in your game, go to you game's directory, players, and open the config file and scroll down all the way to the bottom, and change the "video_memory = "0.975"" to "video_memory = "0.75"". That will force the game to use a lower fraction of your available VRAM.
Dumb ass. There is no VRAM leak, you ignorant retard.

Is it worth buying a 2600x now or wait for zen 2? t. Poorfag who hasn't upgraded since 2013

Attached: 1533228033391.png (452x1477, 564K)

wait if you can

I'll wait them. Damn though is my pc showing its age though.

>It does not, shithead.
Not him, but if you exceed available video RAM, you will get lag. It's not rocket science.

Buy now

>Friend PSU dies
>Tech neophyte, so I give him my reliable one
>Start using one I had in the closet for years
>Graphics card develops a coil whine
>Remember why I never used it

Any recommendations for a new PSU?

Why tell him to buy? Zen 2 is right around the corner.

>you will get lag
No, texture settings will just get lowered. Don't talk if you don't know.

Unless you're playing on meme extreme settings, that won't happen with 6GB of VRAM

Is it true that MSI has worse high end motherboards than ASUS?

Attached: 1547986562654.png (946x946, 733K)

A 2600X would already be a major upgrade over what you have now and probably all that you really need.
But if you can wait, you can obviously get something better/cheaper still.

>Spending $350 on a GPU to get worse texture quality than you get on a $220 GPU
um??
This is seriously your recommendation. lol, sweetie

Most gold rated models are good.

Generally yeah, but they have the best midrange.
Sounds like a question you're asking because you don't know about motherboards and BIOS features and such enough to even make use of a high end board's features.

>put psu back in closet
>doomed to use it yet again in 5 years time

Are you, me?
>Decide to get an RTX 2060 to celebrate a new budget build after living like a monk for half a year
>First card is the EVGA ITX card, that's ironically a triple slot card and won't fit into majority of cases
>Fan was an obnoxious piece of shit, so return it and get another card
>Get the MSI Ventus
>Has the loudest fucking coil whine I've ever heard, holy shit
>Return that and get Gigabyte's offering
>Albeit not as loud, as a coil whine too

Whelp, time to start a new hobby.

>worse texture quality
Less VRAM doesn't mean worse texture quality, retard, because all games look amazing with 6GB of VRAM.
You will get a higher FRAMERATE with a 2060 than a 590, period.

PSU can contribute to coil whine. What GPU did you have before?

>Less VRAM doesn't mean worse texture quality, retard, because all games look amazing with 6GB of VRAM.
LMAOOOO
You or one of your fellow 2060 shills just said it did.

GTX 1080 before I had to sell it
Wondering if I had some golden GPU because I didn't hear anything, and that's coming from someone who had to put up with the GTX 970's coil whine

Yeah, thinking about maybe it is the GPU--thanks Corsair

Is it worthwhile to put an extra fan into the 270r that comes with 2 fans stock? I live in hell on earth (south texas).

He said that IF there were ever a problem with 6GB of VRAM, settings would get lowered. Even then there would probably be no visual difference, and the 2060 would still provide a higher FRAMERATE than the 590

okay so i know this happens at some point someone enlighten me
ddr uses dual channel memory. most GPUs have 4 channels, wich is why their 3500mhz on RTX card is suddenly 14000mhz speed

on a PC we would not mix uneven memory stick because it would force part of the memory to be accessed in single channel mode

how is this done on GPUs? they have actual 250mb chips to justify things like 3gb, 6gb, 11gb?

Are 1600p monitors just a silly idea to buy now?

>prioritizing textures over framerate
what a fucking retard

extra exhaust would be worthwhile to expel more heat

Can someone explain this VRM motherboard shit me? I was looking at a ROG strix Asus MB but people a few threads ago say something is wrong with the VRM.

theyre all multiples of 256

better power delivery

I'm pretty sure the godlike is the only mobo that is accepted with overclocking i9s while asus has a whole lineup (maximus) of motherboards that are equipped to overclock i9s. However, pretty much all midrange boards will do a great job overclocking an i7 or i5.
t. Someone with an asus z390 -f getting an 8700k to 5GHz on all cores

If you can wait 2 months then sure

>Can't decide on a monitor
>country Laws force businesses to refund items no questions asked without 14 days.
I'm honestly thinking about abusing this and just trying out like 5-7 monitors before finally deciding, is there any downsides? I don't think he business can ban me because it's a huge establishment with multiple branches

Personally, i'd be too lazy to deal with balancing 5-7 monitors coming to and from my house, but if you're up for it why not?

Is there any reason to get anything higher than DDR4-2666 memory with a 9700k, and are there any advantages to a blower fan GPU compared to an open fan?

What is the cas latency of the 2666 memory?

Yeah Maxwells had awful coil whine. Pascal was a lot better but I haven't seen any indication of why Turing would have it worse.
Unironically should have gotten Vega 56.
Wait. Why did you sidegrade from a 1080 to a 2060 to begin with ?? Or you mean this is an additional new PC?

Depends how hot your components are. 2 intake fans is generally sufficient.

>lower settings
>no visual difference
LOL?

... DDR means double data rate not "dual channel".
GDDR has a quad data rate mode which is usually used.
This shit is on wiki, dude.

GPU dies can have any number of IMC channels. VRAM is usually 512Mb or 1Gb per die with some exceptions like HBM2 being 2 or 4 Gb each die stack.

It's a lot of effort. Can you not see them in person in a store?
I'll often go to the store and if they won't price match online I'll just buy it online after seeing what I want in store.

>Is there any reason to get anything higher than DDR4-2666 memory with a 9700k
Yes. Higher performance. DURRR.
Why would you buy a 9700k just to make it performance worse in single threaded performance than a 2700X because you've gimped it with slow memory?

if you can give me the product name of the ram you have I can look at it myself

Bought this off ebay, what is the best gpu i can put in?

Attached: meme machine.png (1282x282, 43K)

rx570. You'll bottleneck it with the stutterlake CPU in some games, but there's no point in buying any less than RX570 as you get worse value with the 1050/Ti and 560.
>single channel
Yeah that's going to make the stutters even worse. I hope you didn't pay more than like $40 for it.

So 2 intake 1 exhaust would be fine? I'm thinking of getting an r5 1600 and gtx 1660.

they are usually wider 1440p, no?

>Why would you buy a 9700k just to make it performance worse in single threaded performance than a 2700X because you've gimped it with slow memory?
I read the specs for the 9700k and it said it supports DDR4-2666 and thought it was the cap. Am I reading this spec wrong?

i remember something on utub about equaling in and out, you should try that even if way later on

rx570 would be the highest id go for that piece of shit
hope that was a typo and you didnt actually pay money for that monstrosity

negative pressure will draw in more cool air to help keep temps closer to room temp

$160

I have no idea whats good and not...time to learn!

First build, please tell me how this is looking.

I've purchased everything but the CPU and GPU which I am getting next weekend. Everything is still within return period though so if there's an issue or something I should be worried about I can fix it.

Attached: 1545665408193.png (320x240, 11K)

Forgot link because I'm retarded

pcpartpicker.com/list/jGXXcY