You literally cannot explain this

You literally cannot explain this

Attached: Sandisk-Extreme-1TB.png (728x480, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.samsung.com/global/samsung-breaks-terabyte-threshold-for-smartphone-storage-with-industrys-first-1tb-embedded-universal-flash-storage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't because I'm not a goddamn engineer. Don't expect anyone to know everything because nobody does.

>$450

GOOD LORD...

The price of a 16MB CF card in '96

400gb microsd’s (that don’t suck donkey dick) are only $60 nowadays. Perfect for the mp3 player re-revolution

Attached: image.jpg (640x960, 480K)

I can't wait to get on of these for my a&ultima sp1000

Attached: 1495728462000_1338274.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Just found some for $15 - $50
Liar

It's not that surprising desu. multi-layer 3D V-NAND has been a thing for a while now and it was destined to become easier to implement as RD&D continued. It's just 16 64GB TLC NAND cell grids laid on top of each other woven together with interconnects.

Samshit will probably release a 2TB micro SD card soon just to spite sandisk. V-nand spec currently maxes out at 64 layers but is nearly impossible to profitably implement as most of the chips are kill.

Currently samshit is stuck at 16-layer profitable v-nand production.

Attached: Reichen.png (1056x762, 274K)

Those are fake Chinese cards.

Buy one and store all your precious data on one. Maybe you'll realize that you're retarded.

>qlc
Into the trash...

This

Does anyone have any experience with backing up shit on these? Probably a bad idea like using ssd's for backups i reckon, unless you regularly use them at least once a month or something for backup jobs

Well that's a bummer, samshit sure loves hoarding all the good stuff for themselves. Still 1TB of V30 A2 rated storage is pretty okay for the form factor.

news.samsung.com/global/samsung-breaks-terabyte-threshold-for-smartphone-storage-with-industrys-first-1tb-embedded-universal-flash-storage

Attached: photo_20181028_232602.jpg (300x300, 19K)

How long would data stored on that thing last after cold storage?

I don't want to risk getting fake cards with Sandisk.

I've even gotten fake cards in almost every single store.

not good enough - my hi-res library is 4tb

this is why your technology is slow and always fails

10 years.

>implying Amazon would sell fraudulent MicroSD cards

3rd party stores do.

I only buy cheap SD cards from Amazon, not dodgy sites.

What is samshits endgame?

Amazon has 3rd party stores.

They wouldn't have fraudulent products on their store, or at least would quickly remove them.

*breaks after 1 month of light use*

amazon doesn't vette sellers and only remove frauds after sufficient complaints
The upside is if you figure it out soon enough a refund is easy through amazon
but that doesn't make you immune to fake shit

If I got an intentionally bad SD card from Amazon I would make the seller refund me the full price and recover any data their shoddy product made me lose.

What a deal. I'll take 5!

Refund?
Easy.
Data recovery from a MicroSD?
Ha no way.

Probably to form a tech monopoly. Considering apple has to bend over for their screen/nand/dram tech they're on the right track.

Attached: komisan1.jpg (655x650, 77K)

Then they can refund me the value of the lost data.

I got one off wish for 2euro it's still taking audiobooks. obviously fake but what's the deal? is it just a lower capacity than a tb or whats going on

QLC
I just did

Faglords in here that actually pay for shit on Amazon.

nice boomer larp

>not testing every card before using them

What do you do, shoplift shit off Amazon?

Sadly most of my items never arrive so I have to call for a refund. Fine by me tho Bezos can suck my flaccid cock and wipe his tears up with his money

>You literally cannot explain this
Shrinking processes and stacking technology allows for storage sizes to increase in the same area over time.

nice fantasy, boomer.

Phones with multiple MicroSD card slots fucking when? How has no one done this already?

What the fuck are you doing when you order things for them to never come? Have you checked the tracking? Are people stealing shit off your porch?

They'll ban your address, ship with mostly USPS who don't refund because they're Jews, or UPS will come poking around scaring you with paperwork to sign.

Try with h2testw if this medium is actually as big as it says, or if it just is a fake

If it was USPS shit wouldn't get stolen because it'd end up in the mailbox. When they ship shit with UPS or FedEx it stays on your porch.

and to think i thought 250mb zip discs were tha shit back in the day.

Never. Space is already tight and manufacturers aren't going to reduce the incentive to buy a phone with more storage even more. You're lucky if your phone even has expandable storage these days.

>sandisk
i never had a sandisk sdcard that last 6 months

128gib sd card is cheap as hell now.

But the warranty is stupidly long.

Source?

Sandisk is really susceptible to use case.
In a mainly photo camera? They last forever before getting fucked, even if you are putting a pretty heavy load on them
In a mainly video camera? They die faster
In a SBC like a rpi? Lol enjoy your 2 month lifespan

Still the speed is shite. 2019 capacity for 2005 speed.

>he says that while his HDD has 1/10 the random access speed and the same sustained transfer speed.

>Implying I don't have an nvme ssd

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-011627~2.png (720x974, 178K)

but they did

Attached: saygus v2.jpg (3072x1728, 802K)

Already a thing, even when its simple and cheap to implement its not done because users would upgrade less often.

>implying Amazon pays anyone enough to give a shit about anything

A 16mb cf card probably still costs that they are stupidly over priced kek

Attached: gus.png (414x138, 56K)

Who's got the screenshot of the guy predicting 1 tb would happen in 2 years and the guy commenting saying no it will never happen. Also I predict 2 tb in 2 years.

Attached: 1532008955858.png (1920x1080, 363K)

top lel

>V-nand spec currently maxes out at 64 layers
96 now and soon crossing 100 retard

3TB in 2 years