Why are there so few women in computer science?

Why are there so few women in computer science?

In my classes the students are 20% girls at most.

Are they scared away by the nerds?

Attached: 1548619200055.jpg (750x1124, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

janestreet.com/technology/
google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-39579321
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a good thing
Do you really want roasties in your profession?
t. incel

They're just not interested, because men and women tend to have different interests and hobbies. This isn't a bad thing, but apparently society has decided that it needs to be "fixed".

based

considering that's how I met my gf, yes.
t. recovering incel

it's 60% biology and 40% CS men being unbearable for femoids to be around

CS men are unbearable for anybody but CS guys to be around

>Are they scared away by the nerds?

>be my sister
>attends UBC
>transfer to civil eng
>be only huwhite girl amid sea of chinks
>feel like a piece of meat
>switch back to arts

Because Stacy got a Barbie for Xmas, while Kevin got another LEGO Technic set.

In poor ex-soviet countries you don't get shit for Christmas, which is why the gender ratio is much closer to 50/50

yes.
i am scaring them away by posting this image over and over every time someone mentions women in programming

Attached: Katie female representation.png (1832x972, 294K)

Orthodox Christmas is in January you negro

>t. incel

OH NONONONONONONO

I don't think any other major has as high a percentage of incels

Engineering is even worse than software engineering.

Women should stay away from computer science. Men should stay away from computer science. Everyone should stay away from computer science.
I want job security.

It's the ticket to an easy life if they're decent looking. They can just have nerds help them do all the homework and tutor them in leetcode for interviews.

>incels
cringe

Yes incels are cringe. They are horrible.

why do you feel the need to use leftist buzzwords?

Attached: 1503889730033.png (485x500, 118K)

Its funny when a woman is hired and you can tell who the closet incels are by who gets pissed off about it.

>incels came up with 'incel' themselves
>leftest buzzword
The corporate semen has reached the brain

>implying Orthodox Christians receive gifts for Christmas

incel is not a buzzword you faggot

20% is high for my area. Situation may be worse than it seems

Yea. My last post was just a shitpost. Incels simply aknowledged their reality and formed self help groups on the internet.
Now it has some weird meme meaning, but it's really just people having problems and realizing that.

>Incels simply aknowledged their reality and formed self help groups on the internet.
Self defeating circle jerks
>but it's really just people having problems and realizing that.
And demanding that women be forced to have sex with them

I'll take 50 ``roasties'' over a single /v/tarded meme of legends kekistani faggot. And fuck, is computer curryniggering full of them.
>incels
Are you a fucking 16yo girl?

>And demanding that women be forced to have sex with them
Nope. Saying you are incel simply means you are incel, like saying you have lost your legs. Whatever an individual interprets from that, that is not always the original meaning.

There are literally screenshots of posts by self proclaimed incels suggesting that women be forced to have sex with them because "it isn't their fault that they're personalities are toxic to women"

>implying you don’t get a gift directly from Putin

>the gender is a construct bluepill
Nice meme

And there are married men who want the same. There were married men who had sex slaves.
Incel is not even an ideology, it's just a description.
You can love women. You can hate women. You can be gay. You can be a woman. If for a long time you wanted sex or a romantic relationship and you cant achieve that, you are an incel.

About 1/4 in my class. Feels bad man.

This. 100% this.

wE liVe iN a sOciETy

>bluepill
you need to go back

>it's just the way it is lol
open your eyes. observe society. pink is girl and blue is boy. science and math is boy and nursing is girl. same concept. all social constructs you cant scope out of to fathom..

Honestly. Qts in my classes.

Yes. It goes like this: in tech you are judged by how good you are not how you look are act. Therefore men who are awkward and unattractive flock to tech. Therefore women avoid tech.

Scientific studies almost all say otherwise, but unlike the "settled science" of climate change, it doesn't serve the elite's agenda, so it is disregarded.

>Half of Jow Forums says that CS is 100% male weirdos
>Other half of Jow Forums says that CS is full of 6'2 Chad men and beautiful women who learn programming automatically and they're the only weirdo in their class
What's the deal?

It's 50/50. Smart people get into it with good genes, weirdos get into it because muh computer isolation.

>>Other half of Jow Forums says that CS is full of 6'2 Chad men and beautiful women who learn programming automatically and they're the only weirdo in their class
nobody says that

women arent good at anything not even cooking since the best chefs are men

Attached: 1427910995731.jpg (472x762, 56K)

It's almost as if boys and girls tend to gravitate towards different things by nature or something.

Because I had sex with the other 80% and they're currently resting at home bearing my child

There are more black men in my vs department than women in total. Pretty sad

/thread

Just become one if you feel there aren't enough femoids in CS.

Attached: 1466748369472.png (1024x698, 303K)

There was a hot ditzy girl in my year who was part of the cheating clique and she now has a very fulfilling job dogsitting

It demands some basic thinking which women don't have.
t. Knower

Yes

Even in poor ex-soviet, people give the fuck about it. Stop being this delusional and travel to such countries.

People are really using lisp/ocaml or its just a meme? I though it was just a sad uni professor thing

Well jane street is the most known ocaml users.janestreet.com/technology/
I think allegro is the most know common lisp user, they have made for example allegro graph database in lisp.
Then there's of course the inside use that nobody knows.

Attached: 1528301931987.webm (640x348, 2.07M)

the usage of air quotes got annoying really fast.

you're wrong. There are 4 girls among 10 second year groups in local IT University.

t. from poor ex-soviet country without any Christmas

it's scary how accurate this is, the only girl i ever knew to buck this was some asian girl i played WoW with. she actually was interested in shit beyond following trends

in poor ex soviet countries they basically murder gays for the most part. all the shit you hear about how great their women are is 99% propaganda to say "hey even our women can do this"

Why are there so few men in nursing?

In my classes the students are 20% males at most.

Are they scared away by the feeemoids?

Based
google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-39579321

>in tech you are judged by how good you are not how you look are act.
T. Doesn’t work in tech, there are tons of shitters who manage make it in tech

Smart people who are chads go into engineering or medical degrees. Chads have very good social skills, wasting them all in a major where you spend all your time talking to a computer would be foolish

She couldn't leech off the chad chink menace so she switched.

STEM is full of sluts who act nice, but in reality they want you to do their homework for them.
If you tell them no or treat them codly they'll say you're antisocial and spread rumours.
I laugh at thots

American ideology to blame,

In 19th century Americans invented a role family/gender model of "father employed doesn't know what happens at home, comes back 5.30pm and gets his dinner", "mother, house hen, spends money, consumption". It's not that women didn't want to work, they were forcefully kept away to maintain the "we're middle class, so rich that our women become insane of boredom of being locked in houses". Capitalism loves having designated consumption and money wasting family member so it's being maintained, with a recent twist that women can work as form of entertainment and for matchmaking.

American History 101.

slash fucking thread. I’ve never met anybody with worse humor in my life

Attached: image.jpg (392x200, 36K)

If nursing was hard more men would do it.

Man you retards should stick to your javascript. America did not invent gender roles. It has been more likely for the man to do hunting, physical labour, and leave the home to spread his genes and garner power for almost the entirety of human history. Its literally built into our biology.
In spiders the female eats the male after copulation to get more resources for birthing children, and while im sure you feminists would very much like that, nature did not see fit to produce human males and females that way. Accept the biological reality first and maybe then you are ready to discuss how agriculture, religion, culture, industry and medicine has made biologically driven / instinctive behaviour lose explantory power.

there's a girl who i'm in a few classes with whose on an electronics course.

She has this gang of what are most likely the ugliest guys on campus that follow her around and help her with her assignments.

its pretty funny desu

what's from?

2 people discovering biology for the first time

Why are there so few men in psychology classes?

because psychology isn't a real science

lul

Makes me appreciate my wife because I haven't met many where what he said wasn't spot on

Because psych is a ridiculous science where a survey is treated as equal to an intense qualitative study, because quantitative studies rarely give any applicable insight into actual human behaivour.
Because the narrative in uni grade psych is to teach idiotic rhetoric alongside biopsych that contradicts what qualitative studies done with brilliant constructed questions report.
When you can derail a study that outright can determine a link between an area of the brain and a form of behaviour with poorly constructed surveys bolstered by the ethics, morality, methodolgy and consenting factors which carry (not really but) as much clout as the data itself. Its not as these things are bad either, they are just primarily concerned with not being seen as bad. And how the fuck are you supposed to study bad things without going into the dark!??!!
Psych made me realise that people are typically very stupid and cannot into questions. They cannot into comparisons, they cannot form an understanding of cause and correlation - and to a certain extent, that behaviour is pandered too because of the low quality of evidence that gets paralleled with high quality evidence.

The real reason though, is because women care about people and men care about things.

t. male psych major

Because programming doesn't interest most women
Why is this such a hard concept for people to grasp

Lol yes it is

>Are you fucking 16yo girl?
I haven't, once got luck with a 17yo, next month she had her 18th birthday tho

I'm not a feminist, but your post is based on dumb bro-science.
>muh pre-historic humans and genes, evolutioshion and SCIENTIFIC
Real science of early humans isn't based on "muh primitive tribes" and Flintstones. Humans were quite smart and had complex societies for ages.

Women always had to work. On crop fields, in factories during the industrial revolution, and earlier in manufacturing (from home or a nearby gathering spot where). Women in ancient Roman times were involved in businesses. Honestly, women were involved in business in every historical period and culture. In Asia, you had women-warriors as protectors of homes in their middle ages. Women work.

>chad programmers
wtf

Attached: cunt.jpg (400x527, 52K)

Yes

Some people will say it's because girls are taught logical work is for boys and the field is dominated by men so women are pressured into not getting into it, others will object with biological reasons, as always: the truth is probably in the middle but reasonable centrists are perceived as cowards so I don't know.

Science is the search for truth using logic.
Roasty sluts don't do logic and aren't interested in truth.

thanks

They're generally just not interested in that subject, however it's likely possible to get girls interested with the right marketing or application

Think about how no straight guy wants to do cosmetology at a salon, but doing costumes and VFX for a movie is basically the same thing and plenty of guys help put the make up on hellboy

Ocaml is taught at most universities

Nobody asks in the Health Sciences department in my university why there are so few men

Who cares? Do you want your qt3.14 nerdy compsci gf? She doesn't exist

I work in tech, and you are completely missing the point. In tech you are judged much more on your competency and less on your appearance or social skills, than any other industry.

My estrofem pills prove you wrong!

Attached: haskell.jpg (1931x1300, 1012K)

hi Brian

computers don't reward you. for example if you suck dick it spits on you white goo if you do good. females like that

>cc is da juuuuuuuuus
And you just proved how dumb you are.

Some people call this phenomenon "having friends"

helps if you don't have sound tho

sauce?

They are bullied by other girls.

>"hey massa, we friends right?"

>scared away
Repulse is a better descriptor. Its not really surprising when they are not sure if they really want to then run into the copious amounts of bitter incel with poor hygiene. The smell alone is enough.

Except for the part where friends actually know each other.