>802.11ax is designed to operate in all band spectrums between 1 and 7 GHz when they become available in addition to the 2.4 and 5 GHz already existing. Devices presented at CES 2018 showed a top speed of 11 Gbit/s.

Ethernet BTFO.

>2019
>being leashed to a router like a slave

Attached: 802.11-ax-comparison.jpg (490x333, 70K)

>real world performance in crowded apartment

powerline will cut that to 56kbit dialup speeds

>wirelessshit

This is pretty misleading since real world wifi speeds are half the advertised ones assuming your device is right next to the router. Real world speeds are realistically about 30% of max advertised speeds while being in the same room as the wifi router and having nothing obstruct your device and the router (ie empty cereal box or thicker). Realistically you could crank out about ~3Gbps from a 8x8 160MHz wide MU-MIMO router and device assuming no other device was connected.

On a practical level it's cheaper and easier to just switch over to 10Gbps ethernet.

Attached: voMzrZYUq9_gW7cx9mAsFpMIuabTcEyaUNJUneXYk.gif (320x320, 248K)

>Ethernet BTFO
Enjoy your latency and interferences, faggot

Yeah ok, try 40Gbps across data centers in different states with wireless you stupid tard

I've wired up my place just a few days ago. Was more or less painless, but I'd imagine drilling through walls might be a problem for some landlords lol. Otherwise it's the greatest thing ever.

Unfortunately so, wireless hasn't reached that stage yet where it can completely replace cable for anyone that cares about speed and more importantly latency. Said latency only gets worse as distance increases and more than 1 person connects to the same router

Enjoy your cancer
The em radiation in range of a router gives you 10 quadrillion times the normal background em radiation
Not even joking those are the numbers
I have a degree in this field

no one is talking about the security aspect of having a direct wired connection
i think that's the most important part

Yeah, I don't think ethernet can do that either.

lmao for real though I'm waiting for all these nutcases to start asking nasa to block out the sun since even non-ionizing high energy really violet colored light has been confirmed to directly cause cancer.

Different types of radiation
Scientists have no idea if and how much harm wifi can do. There are no long term studies

>11GBit
>Shared between lots of devices
>not even full duplex so it's effectivelly 5.5Gbit on a best scenario, reality is that routers will be pushing 3Gbit max.

>not just using wiremolds and cable clips
>inb4 "b-but they're ugly"

They're the same thing. The only difference is the wavelength

Of course there aren't because it's not worth investigation since there hasn't been a spike in cancer amongst people who have been exposed to wifi for decades now. Fact is the lower energy EMF radiation is the less harm it can cause especially below 1 watt which 99.99% of routers/phones operate at.

Worst wifi can do is heat up tissue fast enough to cook it which is literally how microwaves work except you're using ~1,000 watts of microwave radiation or more to do so.

>Ethernet BTFO
enjoy your mitm

Attached: rms_palm.jpg (760x507, 38K)

>different type of radiation
They're LITERALLY the same kind tho, neither can knock electrons out of orbit.

Ethernet is a set of specifications and is not limited to twisted pair copper with RJ45, Ethernet can be carried with fiber
So yes Ethernet can carry 40Gbps

nothing personal kiddie

Attached: 1549917229683.jpg (800x800, 75K)

>ethernet btfo
>the state of fucking zoomers

>implying you can't MITM on Ethernet
Your ARP is my bitch you little freetard hippie

Attached: 1546417240068.png (814x659, 785K)

That involves fucking with the router itself, which is a little bit more involved than disguising an access point as another access point which you can do just by changing the SSID.

Is that a massive fuckoff jammer?

That's retarded user. You don't even need that, just flood everything with continuous deauths and you're good.

>The basic principle behind ARP spoofing is to exploit the lack of authentication in the ARP protocol by sending spoofed ARP messages onto the LAN. ARP spoofing attacks can be run from a compromised host on the LAN, or from an attacker's machine that is connected directly to the target LAN.
It is literally just as easy.

Attached: 1551594551386.jpg (600x477, 349K)

Wouldn't work on my network, my arp tables are static. But that's sort of a valid concern. Then again, your attacker would have to be already in your lan, and at that point something went wrong anyway.

Exactly, it's easy IF you have access to the physical wired network which if it DOES happen, ARP spoofing is the least of your problems.

>needing to hack a router if you want to MITM remotely
>needing physical access if you don't want the trouble of hacking a router
meanwhile, a simple SSID change is enough for wifi.

enjoy your cancer

Attached: kaneeedaaaaaa.jpg (960x516, 117K)

All the wifitards will die of cancer while etherbros survive
Natural selection i guess