Heart defibrillator requires proprietary software

>heart defibrillator requires proprietary software
>tfw the botnet wants me to fucking die

Attached: defib.jpg (720x540, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-health-heart-pacemaker-cyber/pacemakers-defibrillators-are-potentially-hackable-idUSKCN1G42TB
youtu.be/8CrwICToUqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's worse is that it is remote connectable, and takes updates via wifi or some shit.

should have mixed gentoo in your diet

Idiot

thats a pacemaker

>heart defibrillator is restarting in 15 seconds to apply automatic updates, please save your work

The botnet wants you to live, dead consumers aren't profitable. That's why they bothered to write the proprietary software for your heart defibrillator in the first place.

If your heart defibrillator itself is proprietary, and there are many confirmed reports of the proprietary software working correctly, then you should absolutely trust the proprietary software rather than try to install free software. After all, this is life or death we're talking about here. Botnet though it may be, if you try to fix what ain't broken, you risk breaking it.

If the heart defibrillator itself were open, though, that would be a different story. If anyone tried to develop open software for it, they wouldn't have to do any guesswork, and would instead have all the resources necessary to be absolutely sure their code would work. So it makes sense to trust software like that, as long as it's equally well verified.

>pacman -Syy defibtillator-git

>reboot
>Xorg breaked
>you die

>Not installing your own firmware

Lmaoing at your life

>cyberpunk becomes a reality
>use free augware so that the corporations won't sell your thought
>install a security update so that the hackers won't brainjack you
>x.org breaks
>go blind
>fix xorg
>need to take a massive shit
>go to bathroom
>anus has unresolved dependencies

start googling about clinton foundation and human trafficking to reduce your lifespan to 1 year!

>not installing GNU/HURD free as in freedom software on your pacemaker.
Do you WANT to be a slave? It's like you WANT to be a slave.

KEK

>your heart is currently restarting, please do not turn off the machine

>overclocks his pacemaker

Pacemakers can have a built in defibrillator.
t. medfag

if it keeps you alive then it's doing its job.
Freetards need to fuck off with their backward mentality, they're stuck in the 80s and this is not our fucking problem.
you can't live without proprietary software, deal with it.
I build proprietary softwares for critical systems for a living and we don't embed backdoors or other shaddy things like this.
We have no reason to spy on any customer and it would add complexity where is does not belong especially when safety matter.

Your heart is now beating manually

This is true until they hire pajeets and then you have shit like boeing planes crashing because of poorly written software.
>sire please do the needfull and restart your pacemaker should fix everyting

Attached: pajeetyouarecertifiediitbombaycodernowmyson4546516.png (500x855, 143K)

>they wouldn't have to do any guesswork
>thinking open source projects accept pull requests blindly

>wear cochlear implant
>tfw the botnet wants me to fucking die

Its fucking juicero all over again.

Why the fuck does it need wifi?
Imagine broken MS updates OTA and you die expectedly.

Attached: images (6).jpg (452x678, 34K)

Are you fucking blamimg us for poorly written software based on boeing white supremacist documentation?

Thank fuck the ethiopian flight was filled with whites.

Attached: o35gden_d.jpg (640x529, 54K)

I want you to fucking die too

>yy

I would be terrified to have this shit connected to my heart.

>Download the defibrillator companion app, available on the App Store

why would you update a pacemaker
i've had mine since birth and never had to update

how is your battery not dead? are you 10 years old?

> being a heartlet

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

my pacemaker isn't made in china

Update what lol

Heart defibrillator is GPL3'd. Dev stop maintaining because of harassment via CoC and trannies. You die anyway.

I just don't have a little bitch heart, far easier.

>stuck in a bootlop
>RIP user

>mom cancel my meetings I’m fucking dead!

reuters.com/article/us-health-heart-pacemaker-cyber/pacemakers-defibrillators-are-potentially-hackable-idUSKCN1G42TB

>patented medications aren't generic
>tfw the botnet wants me suffer in pain
Fuck the pharmaceutical industry and most importantly, fuck American healthcare.

Based and redpilled fellow pede

Attached: 1553891581885.jpg (561x866, 87K)

Why would he wish someone to eat a delicious duck? Duck from a genuine Chinese restaurant was some of the best meat I've ever eaten.

He doesn't want the communists to starve and wishes them to have a delicious meal. What a nice fellow.

Relevant
youtu.be/8CrwICToUqw

Now that you mention it, he even opened his cupboard! I'm glad America still has people willing to greet the hungry with ample food and open arms.

One of the heart valves has a unhappy face

>XDA
>Halp plz I think I bricked my user

Ya, keeps you alive and becomes a wireless, always on feed of data about your health. Of course there is no choice in this matter. Maybe you can not consent to have the data extracted, but it's not like they are going to turn that radio off. Bonus too that this thing even has a remote upgrade mechanism as well. Really makes me think why something so well tested and verified would ever need such an easy way to update it.

Fuck off shill.

No, your autistic self wants you to die

Yes retard. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if most critical and slightly less critical nonfree shitware is a shitshow of bad design. I've seen it enough in various transportation infrastructure software to have a strong distrust for the security and quality of any nonfree shitware device.

I heard from a friend someone had theirs reverse engineered and they literally go through the effort of using a triple des crypto processor to try and obfuscate the function of the device. This is peak fucking cancer and the government needs to stop this.

Quit your job now. Writing proprietary software is wrong even if you don't personally build backdoors and spying into it. When the software is nonfree then the user likely has no legal way to verify your claims, and they have no recourse if you ever decide to change your mind about any of that. The issue of lack of freedom is very much our problem and you are directly responsible for it.

Exactly
This kind of shit reminds me of Robin Cook's "Cell"

Bro what happens if you pull the wires out
God that must feel so weird to feel them sliding out haha

>uses FOSS
>something breaks
>struggling to stay conscious you furiously search the forums for a fix
>as you drift into the abyss the last thing you see is "it works fine for me"

>implying a foss pacemaker would be some infantile c garbage and not something written in a verified and safe ML language like F* or CakeML.

>not being able to perform heart surgery on yourself

Attached: 1550862846359.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

How is that a bad thing? Beats having some arab shits root your pacemaker and add it to their minecraft server DDoS squad

Shit like this is truly disheartening honestly. Not being self sustaining and being cucked by nature is fucking bullshit.

so firmware can be pushed without cutting you open

>how is making an important medical device susceptible to a wide range of potential network io bugs a bad thing?

Days of completely augmented body parts fucking WHEN? We're supposedly in the cyber punk life as is and if that's the case, where the FUCK are my cybernetic everything? Would you replace parts of yourself willingly Jow Forums? Even if your organs, limbs, etc are all perfectly fine, would you ascend beyond standard human life to become a cyborg?

probably not; but that depends on what were to be available

I'd probably go with something like augmented organs. Maybe a single eye. When I say augmented, I mean fully. Eyes capable of infrared, night vision, able to zoom in, etc. Like it blows my mind that the human heart is basically just an organic pump that is NOT ALLOWED TO STOP EVER or the entire body starts to shut down. I'd replace that with some high end mechanical pump first. Shit if the sky's the limit, I'd go with 2 hearts or something wild.

>cybernetic leg requires a microsoft certified neural implant but my brain doesn't support the latest build of windows 10 needed
>tfw the drm robotnet wants me to be crippled

Attached: 1503198156916.png (746x311, 68K)