Linus Torvalds is, literally and unironically, an absolute retard. Let me tell you why in a few lines:

Linus Torvalds is, literally and unironically, an absolute retard. Let me tell you why in a few lines:

>likes (((ultrabooks)))
>likes (((macbooks)))
>likes (((Chrome OS)))
>sucks tranny CoC
>opposes the new GPL license
>thinks that anonimity is "overrated"

There you go. Have a nice day.

Attached: linustorvaldslarge-684x479.jpg (684x479, 84K)

Linus Torvalds is the only likable person in tech and I don't even use Linux

It is though.

Crawl back in your mother’s box so she can fucking abort you this time around, you god damn cock sucker.

No one with the intellectual limitations you claims he has could have done what he's done.

Also

>uses Gnome

I have all the same opinions and I have certified 127 IQ

>>opposes the new GPL license
Oh no he doesn't like literal shit.

>t. BSD cuck

Gnome is based
Fuck off pedophile sympathizer

They're both shit you faggot retard.

Yes, goy. Choose a license that gives corporations "freedumbs" to fuck you in the ass. You are not a pedophile sympathizer, are you, goy?

Yes, goy. Let some fat fuck who eats shit off his foot dictate what software you use. You don’t want to sacrifice your freedom, do you ?

>tfw two retards are accusing eachother of working with jews

What are you doing on an anonymous board faggot.

Nope. Partial anonymity where some users show their real names and others can choose to not do so causes very weird consequences, explained by Torvalds in the interview.
However, total anonymity means no one can shill himself, leading to meritocratical discussion, where you can't concentrate a lot of people around you solely because of your name.

TL;DR Partial anonymity destroys discussion, total anonymity is a cure for stupidity on social medias.

Jow Forums would be better if it wasnt anonymous

So... basically Reddit?

Is this the LinusTechTips guy?

Torvalds is an open source gay.

Stallman is the Free Software hero.

>total anonymity means no one can shill himself, leading to meritocratical discussion
yeah because Jow Forums is full of meritocratic discussion
it may free you from the tyranny of the individual ego but it doesn't free you from the tyranny of the collective ego

nah, reddit sucks because it had likes and karma and other stupid shit and non-cronological post ordering

Yeah it is, idk why we need to mention LinusTechTips here desu.

>an absolute retard

and what have you done in your life user to even be comparable and have an opinion?

I don't want fbi being 100% sure what I'm posting on an ironic board

>ironic
Yeah, right.

What do you expect from a Swedish cuck?

Torvalds is a retard, but he's a dick to people online, so the betas on Jow Forums who wish they could get away with treating people like that will suck his cock.

you know you can optionally set your name and email when you post here, right? why can't i see it, fucking retard?

>likes (((ultrabooks)))
Tech guy likes tech products. Wow.
>likes (((macbooks)))
>likes (((Chrome OS)))
>sucks tranny CoC
Guy who advocated for freedom likes progressive ideals. Wow.
>opposes the new GPL license
Who cares?
Anonimity is not for everyone. In Jow Forums's case, it only hurts people.

>Chrome OS
>tech product
fuck off (((google)))

You: dopinder

Linus: deadpool

deadpool: where's you kernel dopinder?

I like him for liking MIT and ISC and BSD licenses. He's a good boy.

Well (((they))) do play both sides against each other after setting up the paradigm.

Attached: 1553428690458.jpg (600x396, 138K)

Linus is a corporate cocksucker, everyone knows that.
The only reason he GPLd Linux because he wants others to give back code. He doesn't give a flying shit about what FSF fights for. He doesn't give another shit about the numerous GPL violations Android device manufacturers do with the proprietary drivers, proprietary source, undocumented modifications etc etc.

Get a trip and name, then. Faggot.

Loonis poovalds is just as retarded as his followers

i will when you and all the other faggots do.

>>opposes the new GPL license
Good. If you support that shit you should end yourself.

>total anonymity means no one can shill himself, leading to meritocratical discussion,
Imagine believing this.
anonymity is good for shitposting and that's about it.

No arguments for why any of these are bad. You just sound like a sperg.

tranny here
why are you so obsessed with the mentally ill? don't you have better things to do?

>Even thinking about no anomity or partial anomity
What a shame. Why dp these guys even on Jow Forums. Back ti reddit you normalfags.
Anomity is and always been best form of contribution of the next 500 years.
One of obvious reason is that you cant eliminate bad people who wont respect your opinion and will do everything to get rid of you when your opinion contrary to them.

For your safety and better privacy anomity is a must.

Fact: genuine anonymity makes utterly worthless the top fallacies in debates and discussion, because you know nothing about the other person, because you cannot justify bias against them as particular individuals, hence you must judge them on their words alone. Its greatest weakness is that there is no way to confirm the merits of an anonymous person without having them act it out, and even then it is restrictive. And of course genuine anonymity protects you from a vast amount of harm, while at the same enabling you to do then without getting caught.

This "retard" did more in college than most of us will ever do in our lifetimes.

Hole:
Knowing their indentity give you bias against them. Because what you care about in an discussion is knownledge and pieces of information regarding to the matter you discuss. Identity is trivial
If you judge someone by their intent in an discussion it is perfectly OK and that is what it should be.
If their intents are good and their words are reasonable then it does not matter who they are.

>new GPL license
you mean v3? or are they working on a v4?

What is wrong with ChromeOS?
It's literally the only desktop OS that plays nice with touch devices.

Like?

>anonymity
>meritocratical discussion
no, it just means i can tell people exactly what i think of their opinions and call them out for being a kike
partial anonymity where you have a username but only admins could view it after your stuff got some # of reports would be better for actual discussion so you could be banned for continually shitting up threads and the barrier to entry is slightly higher (maybe impose a cost to register if things get out of hand)

tripfags are cancer though

Jow Forums already does that
>call them out for being a kike
Contrary to popular belief, racism is not actually allowed outside /b/

go into any fucking intel/amd thread
rules dont matter as long as it's not nsfw
also, judaism is not a race

What the fuck do you mean hole

You should report posts that are against the rules, quality is important to this site.
>judaism is not a race
This is some weak bait, you know exactly why you shouldn't be saying stuff like this.

You ever been to Jow Forums? Being anonymous does not stop users from calling each other tranny Jow Forums cucks. Because anyone who disagrees with me is obviously a fucking retard.

Read what he said critically, faggot. He said anonymity applied to the _like/share/upvote_ functionality of modern social media is bad. He's not wrong: this is why reddit is such a vapid echo chamber. The reason Jow Forums avoids most of these pitfalls is because posts are ephemeral and the only way to garner more visibility is to actually generate discussion; rather than farming for some low effort clicks on the like button.

He's also a firm believer of communism because of his dad.

So what? No one on here is entitled to a deep and meaningful discussion. However with anonymity, two people can have a serious discussion based on only their words alone and no other bullshit getting in there way. It happens from time to time and I think it's very valuable.

Because no one ever create a meaningful thread in Jow Forums. Try to create some meaningful thread in Jow Forums if there is anything to discuss about other than fanboy a vs fanboy b.
Anything regarding application and implementation of electronics hobbies in RL all got moved to diy.

In fact they should merge Jow Forums and /sci/ into one there will be more things to talk about. Because Jow Forums is all about technology and most technology based on sciences. There will be more things to talk about if they extend the topics.

We have (You)s and red exclamation points now but someone still needs to reply as a post which is still more effort than upboating.

>I like X which got moved to a different board so there are no meaningful discussions on Jow Forums
Just go to /diy/ then and stop crying about it.

why they don't merge Jow Forums and /sci/ though, both boards are heavily related and both board lacks of members and discussion (in comparision to /a/)

He does only live for the kernel

Because Jow Forums has a huge focus on software which is not really terribly relevant to /sci/.

>search
>programming
>literally 1 to 2 main thread and a couple more troll threads/1000 threads
>huge focus

>a search for programming is an accurate gauge of how many threads on Jow Forums are software-oriented

user...

got 'em. what a faggot

Torvalds is the archetypal based retard. I respect him.

>monolithic kernel
>in 2019
>unironically

Attached: 1542762499334.png (876x556, 358K)

>both sides on the same side are being divided by the jews to not be on the same side despite already being different sides.

Yes and western identitarians publicly condemn every black ops performed by their "lone wolves" as actually being "((globalist)) false flag attacks".

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif (498x280, 3.48M)

no, seriously If you haven't gone on pol and played both sides of the coin just to irritate people who are easily triggered you haven't been bored yet

best post in this thread

damn i could do this everywhere on the internet

Attached: 1554543864962.jpg (680x813, 56K)

great way to kill time, join a blm place and act as if you're a nazi and immediately afterward hop on pol and post with a blm flag

>Guy who advocated for freedom
What

unless it’s kernel development, I don’t care about Linus’ opinions just like I’m not interested in stephen hawking’s opinions on AI.

>Its not murder if I pretend its not.

unlike other techfags he doesn't stick his dick in your face when you are not asking for it. So his opinion is not harmful unless you want it to be.

i love doing systems programming on a macbook desu

>He's never heard of Terry Davis

What did he do? Writing ~2% of Linux? Wew

>implying the mentally ill schizophrenic genius was retarded
>being so dedicated to conflating mental illness with retardation that you're willing to just ignore all a person's achievements
wew

>conflating mental illness with retardation
Schizoid retard detected.

>Not knowing that Mongoloid imbecility & retardation were originally medical terms for autism

>>likes (((ultrabooks)))
>>likes (((macbooks)))
>>likes (((Chrome OS)))
I get the feeling you're a windows user who plays video games and can't imagine a computer without a discrete gpu

based and redpilled

I get the feeling you're a node.js developing Macfaggot.

Sounds like he touched a nerve there, buddy.

nice bait. enjoy your (((replies)))

wtf you say about gnome. i a 5,2ft tall man will fight you

retard and overrated

i hate jews

>Guy who advocated for freedom likes progressive ideals.
"Progressive ideals and freedom are not compatible

This is a retarded thread. Who cares what he likes or doesn't? What matters is software. If you think you can do better and demonstrate whatever values you are trying to signal here, go for it, we'll look at your codebase. If you have no alternative other than to sell ourselves to the CIA for $3000 then fuck off, we're full of retards already.

Attached: you_do_not_spark_joy.png (277x232, 82K)

The world would be better if you died

You hear this a lot: "A thread died for this." While accurate, this phrase generally carries no weight. But just this once, if you would do me a favor and hear me out, it would do all of us a lot of good.

A. Thread. Died. For this. You woke up this morning, poured yourself a bowl of Faggot Flakes, moistened them with your impotent Faggot prostate milk (which IS in fact impotent, because you're a fucking faggot) and, within seconds, decided that today of all days would be the time you decide to cut your synapse firing quota by just a little too much.

So you hopped online, carved out this uninspired chicken scratch, probably failed the captcha once for every strand of peach fuzz on your half-empty sack, and clicked Submit.

At that moment, a thread died. A thread that could have been bumped. A thread that could have been resurrected with content, or valuable discourse between its denizens. Hell, it could've even been bumped for absolutely no reason. And that would've been okay. Because, had it survived, a few more seconds could have been spent without having had your abortion of a post been born in this world.

wow dude, some talented engineer has a different preference for consumer hardware than you, i guess that means you're much smarter than him, right?

>imaging actually being this bereft of accomplishment that you judge people for owning macbooks