Go to CS college, because of "carrer safety and wanting to have a good job, so I can take care of family...

>go to CS college, because of "carrer safety and wanting to have a good job, so I can take care of family, have time and get 30 days vacation/year"
>do just fine, but feeling more and more reluctant to stare at screen and write programs
>finish 1st year, but realize I fucking hate having to stare at computer screen and program
>get depressed as I see sun outside and I'm stuck inside working ob abstract logic all the time
>just want to be outside for 4 hours everyday enjoying the nature, instead of programming

What's wrong with me? I'm trying to balance going outside and doing other shit, instead of only focusing on studying..but I started to absolutely hate programming, after I finished data structures and algorithms course. I don't want to fucking work on this autistic shit anymore and if I have to implement one more fucking data structure or algorithm I'm going to lose it. On other hand I enjoy math and I think it's solely because I don't have to stare at computer screen when I study it, but can pick up a book and solve problem on paper. What kind of 1st world problem do I fucking have or am I just not made for this shit? I really care a lot about having family and want to be financially strong when that happens, because I want my kids to have what I didn't have in terms of opportunities/family time/food and vacations.

What do I do Jow Forums, I'm really starting to feel depressed and anxious about the fact that I hate programming (especially when I know I'm going to work on some retarded bullshit project anyway for money). It seems like a world that is full of bullshit apps, games, etc.. and is creating dopamine junkies, which I don't want to contribute. I just want family and happy carrer, where I don't have to stare at computer screen for crying out loud.

Attached: 1533407810358.jpg (800x801, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWQkwl9ShkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're fucking braindead if you can't figure out the answer

It's a burnout. If you can, you should take a break and do something else.

you can tough it out and do robotics? search your options more closely

If you didn't have the opportunity to thrive in college that you do now, you wouldn't feel this way. It's very difficult to raise a family on the salary of a laborer. The great majority of the time work is going to be miserable because this existence is set up for us to be slaves. It's very hard to do what you want all the time. On the plus side you can still be in the sun for 4 hours a day and be a programmer at the same time. You will have to do something to generate funds for your family, might as well make the best of it until you figure out a way to beat the system. I'm so sorry I don't have better answers and advice for you user. I understand what you are going through and what you are feeling and I am sorry I can't help improve your mindset.

Attached: 1552661833799.jpg (2736x3648, 3.69M)

Thanks, this post made a feel a little bit better. I do know how it is to slave away at factory, I've done that for couple of months already. I do look back and know how much better studying is than having to go to work doing some retarded manual job, but it doesn't really motivate me to work harder. It's easy to say it's because I'm a brainlet and don't learn from past, but I have other passions in life also and hobbies, soft dev just seems like a good job that will provide well.

Ty anyway.

I feel you, OP.

I'm doing general IT stuff, sysadmin/overqualified janitor/programming/etc., so I get to walk around once in a while, but I have trouble concentrating after staring at a screen for an hour or two. I need non-screen time, so whenever I have the opportunity I do manual tasks like cleaning up the wiring in the server room. But it's not enough.
I want more sun, I want less screen time. But shit that's done with screens is the only shit I'm good at.
I used to take daily hour-long walks but now that I'm a wageslave I don't have time for that anymore. And during winter there's no sun for that after work hours, anyway.

lol you guys are fucking lame, chad here.

Negotiate a deal where you can work 3 days a week or half days. Problem solved.

Or go be a park ranger.

based

this, fellow chad here, nice buying into the code monkey meme
>lol, everyone can be a chadgineer if they wish hard

keep on sucking, do your standups properly

Is it even legal to use spooky skellingtons to spot for you in a war?

you won't be able to give your kids 4h/day in the sun on a manual labor pay.
tough it out and at least 1 day a week go away in nature with a backpack and some food. even walking long stretches clears your mind.

you fucking retards, it's not about being chad really. Do you consider yourself chad for sucking it up and ignorantly bliss through college? I can do that to and pretend I like it and even convince myself and feel better about it and forget about how I feel. However, when you really think about it in a human way and not robot way, it's not how you are supposed to spend your days. The least chad thing you can do is work on some retarded app that will benefit nobody or in a start up that you know it's gonna fail and you are just being code monkey there blissfully taking the paychecks. That doesn't make you a chad, but a slave. Chad is a mentality thing to get through shit and not feel bad about the choices, where as finding your passion is enlightenment tier.

>wanting to go outside
>ever
what the fuck are you doing here on Jow Forums

Why would you need a career to take care of a family? You've fooled yourself...

youtube.com/watch?v=LWQkwl9ShkY

yeah I want my kids to go to good private school and make friends there and be kids you know?
and since it's private school most parents are more likely to be good smart people that want another good smart people around and create optimal education/emotional bond with others and watch their kids grow together into valuable smart people.

Careers are shit There are no fun jobs.

Don't fall for the follow your passion meme. It will not lead you anyfuckingwhere. Get over it that you will have to slave for 1/3th of your time. Even under communism people have to.

Just try to appreciate that you're making good money with a decent work-life balance, little risks to your life and without ruining your back. Even if you find your passion in your early 20s, that's waaaaay to late to pursue it in most cases. This is the best it's gonna get for you, man up and deal with it or kys

There's nothing wrong with you. It's a natural revulsion.
There's moral outrage at animals being stuck in small pens all day in factories, but apparently the same being done to humans is okay and you just need to "suck it up" because muh protestant cuck ethic.
If you continue CS, you will spend the next 40 years of your life staring at monospaced fonts on a LCD panel.
But it's good that it came to you this early. God was cruel with me, and I only realized how much I hate CS until it was too late to make a career change. There's no future for me, but there may yet be one for you.

Attached: 1552774381550.jpg (1106x1349, 176K)

>What's wrong with me?
Nothing, change your profession if it's not what you enjoy. If you want STEM then get to Construction or some related fields.

You will most definitely not find a job you truly enjoy every day. Don't bother looking for it, you won't find it.

Instead, learn to find satisfaction in the meta of your job. You might not value what the company does, but appreciate the fact that your skills are highly valued. Take pride in doing your job very well and being a sort of modern craftsman. Take fullfilment out of the fact that with the money you earn you are not a burden to anyone but can actually support your loved ones and give them more than life has given you. Take hope in the fact that if you play the game right you might get to a point where you can actually switch careers, afford cool hobbies or start a business of your own doing something you value. And once you get home from the office, take that refreshing evening walk.

Good replies, I understand all of you and gained out of it something.

I don't think this is correct. I do a maintenance/repair role in precision manufacturing and i enjoy my job. I make middle class money and get to work with a tightly knit team of people who are similar to me, and i get technically and physically challenged in a way that i find satisfying.
You may never love a job, but a job can be satisfying. A lot of it has to do with the company you work for and the people you work with. I've been miserable doing more prestigious jobs in my field that pay more. And I've been really happy working objectively shitty jobs with a team that i like. I stayed away from silicon valley because no matter how much it paid, i knew I'd hate the people and never be satisfied working around those personalities in that environment.

This is good advice. Take pride in what you do. I don't see myself as a cog in a vast machine, although that is pretty much what we all are. When I'm working, I'm carrying on a cultural tradition of world class precision craft and i take pride in that. No matter how insignificant what i do might really be in the grand scheme of things.

A job is a job and the world is a fuck. But you're gonna have to do something. It's better for everyone if you're good at it. It's hard to be good at something you resent.
You don't have to make a lot of money to live a good life. But if you want a good life, you have to not hate what you do. The more you enjoy it, the easier everything else is.

Attached: 1553825948731.gif (500x288, 1.64M)

>go to CS college, because of "carrer safety and wanting to have a good job, so I can take care of family, have time and get 30 days vacation/year"
Here is your problem retard. If you are not autistic you will never enjoy "starring at a computer screen for hours". Look arround you, every stem fag is autistic.

Woah op, it's almost like you're a human being. There's a reason the people involved in programming in the early years before cs was hyped by all these companies to inflate the market were neckbeards. Only they would give up nature for solving gay logic puzzles all day.

The solution is to literally move to a place where the weather is shitty all the time.