Are there kits like pic related from serious tools companies that are not memes?

are there kits like pic related from serious tools companies that are not memes?

Attached: 81OI517CJ1L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 196K)

yes

Dunno, but I've got the screwer kit in your pic as a gift and it's very well built, I use it for every hardware work.

I fixits kit is actually pretty high quality, look to see if xiaomi does one they always partner with companies for shit like this their electric screwdrivers were pretty good

Its okay, although the iFixit kits are pretty expensive.

Just buy a kit on Amazon that has all your needed bits and has a few bad reviews and youl be good. Once a bit starts breaking you know you use it a lot so buy a proper screwdriver (either fixed or a bitholder and the corresponding bit) from a good company (Wera, Wiha, Proxxon etc).

*has few bad reviews

these are the kind of companies I'm looking for.
I like good tools but they seem to not have any kits let alone specific tools,
etc for apple or nintendo devices.

Xiaomi Wiha 24 in 1 Kit

>for apple or nintendo devices
I'm also interested in this.

>static wristband
EL KEKKO

>buying kits
>not making your own from high quality parts
user...

i've bought cheap sets before. they all suck

either buy individual tools and bits, or get the ifixit one

The iFixit kit is pretty decent quality, but you're paying for shit you're never going to use. Go online, and buy a quality bit-driver, with some quality bits. Get a range of bits, with torx, hex, philips, and flathead, and that'll be all you need for the LARGE majority. If you find you need a really niche bit, buy it later. Then buy the other shit as you discover you need them. Little plastic prybar? Get a decent one for a dollar. One thing you should spend a bit more on, in addition to the bits, is the tweezers. Grab a nice pair of needle tweezers, and they'll last. In total, spend maybe an hour or two picking out all the different things, spend $60, and you'll have a pretty comprehensive tool kit, that will cover just about any tech job you find yourself needing to undertake.

The alternative to ifixit is to buy several sets of "precision tool" kits. Problem is, MOST companies that are perceived as "high end" have turned into marketing companies who simply paste their name/logo on a lowest-bidder Chinese manufactured set. So you'll go through a lot of trouble and money to buy what you believe is high end, but in reality it's all the same garbage.

That's a pretty looking set

its another branded shit

theres literally 1/4 the price chink alternative thats better

>Wera, Wiha
Who pays 40 bucks for one screwdriver? Only old people who buy based on brand name

The iFixit kit is unironically pretty good just a little expensive

I need that fucking wedge

For 40€ i can get the wera vde 16 in 1 slim
And thats the best changeblade driver on the market
I guess US pays more

Most static damage doesn't kill devices, it just causes unreliability or 'funny behavior'. Like an unexplained crash every few days.

Attached: esd.png (1173x675, 701K)

Actually having a couple bad reviews isn't a bad idea at all. If it has zero negative reviews it might mean they're hiding/deleting all the bad ones.

You can buy Wera and Wiha for 3-6€ a piece (depending on the model), less if you buy the bundles. Proxxon sets can be bought for 100 of your currency on drivers that you will barely use.

If you want your screwdrivers to last, always be sure that you use the correct size. The worst damage comes from using a flat crewdriver that is too small, using a PH driver for PZ screws or using a PH/ PZ driver that is too big.

If you want to use them for electronic repair, get drivers with small handles that you can grip at several points will be much, much better in tight spaces and with small screws - Wera Kraftform Micro, Wiha Picofinish or Proxxon Mikromot are the ones that I would recommend, personally I went with Wera but some people really hate the handle so try them out before you buy them.

Almost all electronics use Phillips heads, if you have a PH1, PH0 and (for small stuff) PH00 you will be able to take apart pretty much anything computer and laptop-related, small electrical stuff still uses a lot of flat 1,5/ 2,0/ 2,5/ 3,0. Apple uses Pentalob 0,8mm and 1,2mm aswell as PH00 and sometimes some torx heads, no idea about Nintendo though. Pozidriv (PZ) isnt used unless high torque is required but torx isnt used, you wont see it in electronics.

*Apple uses PH000 in the iPhones, not PH00

Thanks brah.

That's irrelevant, those wristbands are pointless. You can just discharge by touching metal before working on whatever.

Bro just go to a fucking hardware store, wtf. It's a fucking screwdriver.

I was surprised and taken aback when I found out no one on /v/ had a precision screwdriver in their house, as evidenced when the new 3ds came out and they were complaining that they couldn't change out the micro SD.

literally buy the same thing on amazon for half the cost

Attached: Untitled.png (1413x747, 650K)

/v/ is dumb kid central. you should see their speccy and guts thread where it's pure cringe.

I have this exact kit and it's pretty good, a good investment since you're gonna keep it for many years to come.

Whia, german made, precision ground, you'll spend >$200 for a complete set of drivers tho.

not like its different in any guts thread on Jow Forums. these types of threads simple attracts retards who are clueless and are looking for approval since they can't think for themself

Attached: 1547781254207.jpg (645x773, 123K)

pria

I use Bergeon for my watchmaking needs.

>retards who are clueless and are looking for approval since they can't think for themself
That's every single Linux user in Jow Forums

ifixit is quality stuff.
the screwdriver kit you posted is one of the nicest screwdrivers you can buy. ifixit is right up there with klein tools.

yes but they're pricey and ifixit is pretty good
I bought a $7 toolkit that lasted me 5 years before I lost it while I was moving states, bought from office depot

I went for a ifixit kit which works really well compared to the fat screw driver I had from office depot but truthfully like others have mentioned just get a amazon kid that is half the price

>Not just buying a normal phillips head screwdriver

Attached: 51FvRefYiML._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 61K)

Why'd you need so many guitar picks?

iPad screen removal.

yep. if you can't open it with a normal philips then it isn't worth opening.

No, because "real tool companies" don't give a fuck about fixing your cell phone.