Why is this motherfucker so fucking bloated

why is this motherfucker so fucking bloated.

WHY DOES IT TAKE 11GBS TO FUCKING DOWNLOAD C++ ON IT

Attached: new-vs-icons-800x325.png (800x325, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bellard.org/tcc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hmm, I could also use this to do some stuff
>and why not python stuff sure, and this stuff too, sounds good
>click, click, click
>110 GB it is
>click cancel

Attached: cosy.jpg (480x360, 13K)

the only good thing about it is the fucking gui designer thing that comes with it, the rest is a shite

What are you talking about? The stuff for basic C++ development is like a 2 or 3 GB install last time I checked.

It downloads tons of Windows APIs and SDKs you are most likely never gonna use.

I remember the times back when visual studio was 1 or 2 CDs and the MSDN documentation was the other 4 CDs.

Is there a way to compile C++ VS projects without downloading all that crap? I mean, in linux I can install GCC and a few libraries and be done with it, but with my crappy internet connection it seems almost impossible to compile anything on windows.

>11GBS
?

Attached: such gigabytes.png (361x526, 24K)

>Basic C++ development takes over 2GB
Fuck windows and fuck proprietary bloatware

>Is there a way to compile C++ VS projects without downloading all that crap?

ya, build your own vcproj parser that can execute mingw.

BECAUSE ITS C++ THE MOST BLOATED LANGUAGE IN EXISTENCE

LOOK AND WEEP SEPPLETS
bellard.org/tcc/

Well checking that option in the VS installer still includes the windows sdk, as seen in the post above yours. Obviously you can save a ton of space if you don't install that.

holy shit. I forgot about Visual Basic and ordered only a 240 SSD ram for my programming classes notebook.

Attached: 1505245931111.jpg (183x276, 13K)

> only a 240 SSD ram
>ram
storage
autofix'd

Doesn't seem to save that much space.

Attached: file.png (1258x631, 86K)

>before uninstalling package please install 5GB of updates

>WHY DOES IT TAKE 11GBS TO FUCKING DOWNLOAD C++ ON IT
10,000 poos write code user

Build Tools for Visual Studio 2019™

I can afford the space so I use it. It comes with the benefit of the win sdk (win32/64 and directx which I use constantly) and also one the best debuggers know to man kind. I know that not everyone needs these features and that they shouldn't be mandatory but honestly if you're doing c++ work in windows and not using the win sdk (even through a library like SDL or glfw) then what are you even using C++ for? It's for low level software like graphics or emulation work, shit like that. Shit that needs the win sdk.

OP is a faggot who has no clue of software development and wanted to write his first hello world program with VS

Install mingw-w64.
Fuck microsoft's custom shit. The only thing of use in VC++ is SEH.

doesn't matter you'll drop out anyway koder

anybody still using visual C++ 2008 or 2010 anymore? would you recommend?

>why is this motherfucker so fucking bloated
Because it's written in node.js instead of C++ like it should be.

(you)

Attached: projecting.jpg (728x432, 45K)

to get rid of this shit you literally have to reinstall your OS
FUCK MICROSOFT

wat

I heard of that bug, fortunately hasn't happened to me yet

Works fine on my machine (vim + gcc).

VS (along with all of m$'s other software) has been going downhill since 2013 user, get with the times. It's bloated/buggy for the same reason wangblows 10 is. M$ fired all their testers and has no idea how their legacy software actually works. And they've switched to a SaaS model - you are the beta tester and you're getting """features""" whether you want them or not.

If you make a diff of the registry before and after you could know which keys to belede

>Windows """Development"""
Even MacOS is more programmer friendly fuck me.

botnet

botnet, unnecessarily large

cuz microsoft windows

This is very relatable. Eventually I realized that I'm probably only ever gonna use it for the compiler so I only installed that.

because you are a moron
install Linux

It has a bunch of powerful features that 99% of users will never need. But if you are part of that 1%, you'll be very thankful.

It's not a bug, it's the way visual studio is programmed. Installing it is basically an upgrade of Windows, so when you uninstall it you end up having to reinstall most of your OS.

It's been a long time, but I remember using bloodshed c++ a long time ago and it worked well

that used to be true - nowadays you can just delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio and it's all gone (aside from any .NET stuff but you usually don't want to uninstall that in the first place)

I did that with 2017 community and it wouldn't let me reinstall lol

Dunno what the fuck you managed to do then because I've had to uninstall and reinstall 2017 a bunch of times (since SSIS is a horrible piece of shit) and never ran into an issue

which config should I use to only use C# and C++ tools?
I miss when full installed VS2010 was no more than 2,5gb

I deleted the folder because uninstalling the usual way was fucked thinking that it would let me install again, I moved on to enterprise afterward with a key from my school

What the fuck is in python native development tools that makes it take 7GB?!?

At least they do a decent job limiting the download size

Attached: file.png (1282x624, 37K)

>he thinks visual studio is just a text editor with a built-in compiler
>complains when the directory suggests there is more
if you wanted basics why did you install vs
this is like wanting to buy eggs at the store so you buy the store and the egg farm then complaining you have no money left
why do you install things if you don't have any clue about whats in them?

Or you setup one virtual machine with the same os or whatever, compact it to save space. Use it as a base image with differencing disks for all your other virtual machines which you install single or sets of applications for workflows. Share a directory and there you go every change made by that virtual machines applications stay inside the virtual hard drive except what you save to a shared directory or network.

kek, and people say that Emacs is bloat

Imagine needing 500GB of RAM to edit a text file.

Imagine using a text editor for programming.

I need my "text editor" to display type information, let me place brakepoints, show values of expressions inline, and make the lines have pretty background colors depending on what the profiler says takes too long to execute.

Attached: 1532783828328.png (571x210, 11K)