Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line...

Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line. And with WSL you can have that while you use an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI. Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native UNIX.

macOS is a good option too, but it's limited to overpriced hardware.

Windows 10 is the best OS right now.

Attached: wsl-main.png (800x428, 311K)

based and redpilled

>Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native UNIX.
Git and pretty much any file intensive work was still a lot slower than native when I tried it.

this.

While I agree with you, having your taskbar to the left automatically makes this post indefinitely irrelevant and classifies you as a low-functioning autist.

>two control panels is a friendly UI
>broken search tool that's inconsistent across machines and stubbornly uses Edge for web searches is a friendly UI
Windows 10 and loonix both have garbage UIs, just in different ways.

>run linux in VMware
>99% native speed
>exfat shared partition makes file access easy across both platforms

Attached: 1553369481233.jpg (843x720, 81K)

really tired of these /v/ tier shitposting threads

N O L O W L E V E L S O C K E T M A N I P U L A T I O N Y O U F U C K I N G N I G G E R

based and terrypilled

I'd rather just use GNU+Linux natively than have Windows as a middle man checking everything I do while giving no benefits for me.

Linux doesn't have a command line, it's a kernel. Are you thinking of GNU bash?

In any case I'll still gladly try out windows 10, can you link me the source code so I can compile it myself?

Does Pytorch run on WSL?

i know you're joking but you don't compile windows 10
you get the iso through the media creation tool, or less legal means, burn it to a usb/dvd and you're braindead if you dont know what to do next

botnet telemetry and waste of memory and resources. Non-free software down to the core, no thank you.
More sheep shilling please, flood with this posting so bans imminent

>Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native UNIX.

"All of these different configurations were tested from the same exact system: Intel Core i7 8700K (Coffee Lake), 2 x 8GB DDR4-3000 Corsair memory, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB NVMe SSD, ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard"

Attached: embed.png (600x517, 57K)

containment board

I'm not joking, I don't want a prebuilt ISO, that is useless to me. Where is the source code?

Basically what posted, but I'd like to add that WSL is often faster than running shit native on Windows, which makes Windows an even bigger joke.

Why is Ubuntu such shit?

>WSL
>workaround shit
winblows is not even unix-like, so no

> And with WSL you can have that while you use an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI
1) You can't. Call me when there's a Docker support without Hyper-V, purely via WSL.
2) Why do you care? Windows 10 is bullshit.

>On WSL
>On Docker

>Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line. And with WSL you can have that while you use an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI. Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native UNIX.
>
>macOS is a good option too, but it's limited to overpriced hardware.
>
>Windows 10 is the best OS right now

Attached: brainlets.jpg (720x583, 28K)

Wan't to convert flac to mp3 or some other audio video format on windows? Sure just download some abortion of a software product with partial functionality, ads and malware. Want to do the same with linux? Use ffmpeg to batch convert a shitload of files with one command and no aids for free. This isn't the whole picture but its a big part of it.

>there are no windows builds of ffmpeg

>Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line.
It's not even good at that. Lisp machines from the 80s had a good command line.

M$ actually fixed the shit

Bruh windows is proprietary software what are you smoking, go on the dark web if you want the source code