>Languages that have a right to exist:
ASM
C
C++
Java
C#
Python 2.0
R/Scala/F#

>Unnecessary languages that were created by morons and are being used by morons/hipsters/special snowflakes
PHP
Haskell
Go
Rust
Kotlin
Ruby
Swift
Objective-C

>Languages that have a right to exist but are being used for things it shouldn't be used for
JS

There is no point in refuting this post. Screencap and remember it.

Attached: hipsternodejsfaggot.jpg (1000x667, 474K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/astropy/astropy
yosefk.com/c fqa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go was created by the people who made C and is literally just a better version of C.

>C
No C is the worst to have ever happen to computer science. Fuck C. Fuck Unix. Fuck Bell labs.

Why C# when there is already Java?

isn't dmr dead?

>Python instead of Perl
>No bash or other shell scripting

You should review your criteria user

Remove the last four lines under "languages that have a right to exist" Rajeesh.

>t. Pajeet JavaScript Kiddie

>haskell bad
>Scala good
>F# good
do all donuts go around stealing chromosomes or is it just op?
molested by a horizontal categorification of monoid again?

Because C# is way more comfy than Java.

>Garbage Collected language
>alternative to C
imagine being this braindead
good point desu
I was already waiting for this. Haskell is a meme language created for special snowflakes. Purely functional languages are fucking stupid and unnecessary.

It really isn't, at least not anymore.

>it's a "crossboarder clueless /v/ermin hating on something he knows nothing about" thread again

The other way around.

Why java is there when c# is there.

I mean you can write code that launches on efi in c#

>having a lot of options is bad, hmkay
>if you don't use languages I approve of you're bad, hmkay
do the world a favor and go kys

Attached: 1519626027593.png (703x739, 78K)

>>I mean you can write code that launches on efi in c#
That doesn't speak for C# that speaks against EFI. Yea, I read that Hackernews article too. Maybe shut the fuck up about things you have no clue of. You could do the same with Java btw, in fact similar interfaces exist for embedded devices.

Nice bait post

Attached: 1514561629416s.jpg (250x227, 7K)

You kind of have to have ASM if you want your hardware to do anything.

but he mentioned ASM?

>a better version of C
>does a shit job of embedded
>does a shit job of anything except web dev trash
>a better version of C

>languages that don't deserve to exist
C, C++, Python, Ruby, Haskell, Go, Perl

>god-tier languages
Game Maker Language

Where does Python 3 go

>Haskell is a meme language
Same as C and Java. That's not a bad thing.
>created for special snowflakes
Created for nobody in particular. It's a study on purely functional languages. Unlike rust, python, go, perl, and many other shit-tier languages, it wasn't targetted at retards - it wasn't targetted at anyone. It's one of the few meme languages that got somewhat popular because it's just good, not because some corp was shilling it, not because it was made for the lowest common denominator of code apes.

Thank you for you input, Platon.

>god-tier languages
>Game Maker Language

Solid argument, mate. Donuts really are their own kind.

>>Languages that have a right to exist but are being used for things it shouldn't be used for
>JS
No. JavaScript has no right to exist, full stop.
Duck typing, type coercing comparison, null and Infinity as values, automatic semicolon insertion, grotesque syntax, etc., etc.
It is a disgrace that JavaScript is today's universal programming language and only option on the web, and everything ES6 onward, transpilers, Flux/Typescript, the multitude of restrictive style guides, etc. are just desperate attempts of making JavaScript less shit because we're forced to work with it and have no choice.
JavaScript is a terrible language and I don't trust any developer who learned it as a first language, and even at its strong points (asynchronous code, functional-lite programming) Elixir and Scala are superior choices.
JavaScript is irredeemable, it was written in 10 days but I bet Eich spent 9 of those jerking off.

>Languages that have a right to exist
ASM
English

>Languages and people that shouldn't exist for being retarded
Every other language
OP

Python doesn't have a right to exist.

this is top tier bait

>t.seething Cnile
C is the JavaScript of systems programming. A trash that language that was at the right place at the right time and made computer science worse as a result.

Honestly, Rob Pike and Ken Thompson are just two senile grandpas. They designed yet another C, which in many respects is worse than original.

>by morons
I dare you to design and implement one single language if you think a moron can do it.

>it was written in 10 days but I bet Eich spent 9 of those jerking off
Just outed yourself as a clueless retard. Bravo.
You also listed no objective faults in the language.

>>Languages that have a right to exist
>Python

rob pike said he made go because the people at google were too dumb for c

Oh, these don't count, right?
>Duck typing, type coercing comparison, null and Infinity as values, automatic semicolon insertion, grotesque syntax, etc.

>Duck typing
Generic programming is based.
>type coercing comparison
Not an issue in real world applications. It's mostly used by brainlets to show off to other brainlets how "wacky JS is lmao XD"
>null and Infinity as values
Having 2 bottom values might be excessive indeed, but Infinity is a standard double value, literally every language in existence that matters has floating point numbers.
>automatic semicolon insertion
Reliance on it is officially discouraged by the standards committee for ECMAScript and it only bites retarded pythonlets in the ass. Is an autofix in literally every editor in existence.
>grotesque syntax
Standard C style syntax
>etc
What?

Python's scientific libraries are really good.

Not the guy you replied to but
>Generic programming is based
You don't need a shitty type system to achieve polymorphism

PS: It can be argued that it is not a virtue of the language itself, but it is its practical reality.

If you want to enable pain free generic programming your type system has to be extremely robust or extremely forgiving like in JS's case. Besides, JS is just a general purpose embeddable scripting language, so it'd be weird if it couldn't do generic programming.

the ones that are written in c?

>Unnecessary languages that were >created by morons and are being used >by morons/hipsters/special snowflakes
adding
Python 3.x

Yeah some are written in C, or at least some of their parts, and provide C-like performance, while making prototyping easier.
They are still mostly Python code, tho. Take this for example: github.com/astropy/astropy

In any case, I do not advocate for the usage of python everywhere. It has its purposes and that is it. Other than Python, I will usually choose C for most things.

>C#
no

>C++
yosefk.com/c fqa/
>Java
>C#
They have a reason to exist, but these reasons are purely financial. The clueless /v/ migrants on Jow Forums could make better software then the apes that they are intended for.
A job is a job, but recognizing why they are shit languages is necessary to write good code in them.
>R/Scala/F#
R is a nice language, but F# is even more obscure than Haskell is, and the only reason anyone uses Scala is because it's slightly less shit than Java.
>Haskell
The toolchain and ecosystem are shit, but the language itself is not. Sometimes an academic experiment is what the real world needs.
>Go
Google-backed free software is not an obscure neckbeard toy.

>>grotesque syntax
>Standard C style syntax
I don't remember using === in C. Integer division? Just do parseInt(a / b). Oh, you want to deep clone an object? Fine, just do JSON.parse(JSON.stringify(obj)). Wanna test for deep equality? Better add another import to node_modules. Beautiful syntax indeed.
>etc
Nice standard library too. In the global namespace, no less. In fact, people used jQuery as "the JavaScript standard library" for the longest time, and tons of library carry the jQuery dependency to this very day.

But you're not looking for objective faults. Nothing will convince a basedboy that his favorite, trendy, noob-friendly language is actually fucking garbage.

It doesn't have to be weakly typed

>yosefk.com/c fqa/
it's clear this person hasn't used C++ in any real capacity since C+11

>It really isn't, at least not anymore
>.net core 3 is about to release with c#8
>at least not anymore
C# was comfy level was way ahead long time ago and now its getting better and better