Ubuntu: "just type this shit inside this black box thingy and you are good my famfam."

>ubuntu: "just type this shit inside this black box thingy and you are good my famfam."
>debian: "O-oh, my! I'm afraid this will require you immersive prowess to understand that what you want to install, requires you to edit the system. Which means, you have to (a bunch of irrelevant shit)"
>arch: "Go fuck yourself."
>gentoo: "AAAHAHAHAHAHAH!Retard."

Attached: index.jpg (227x222, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>arch: "Go fuck yourself."
>has the best wiki

Attached: 1335819909878.png (359x469, 144K)

>akarin: daisuki
>kyoko: memelord
>yui: based
>chinatsu: a shit

>arch: "Oh, so you want to install (whatever)?First, you need to understand the theory of humankind. Go check the wiki. Have you readed it all? Learned anything? Good! Now, you need to learn... the reason of life! The reason of existence! Oh, don't look at me like that. Just read the fucking wiki you silly thing!Pretty sure it's there!Oh... what do you mean it's not there? Gee, looks like I've got to tell you even more irrelevant stuff, eh? See, there was this time when I met your mo---"

Attached: mu3wdlGZdo1sgh4k9o1_500.png (497x480, 218K)

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to use a non-ubuntu distro. Unless you are one of those turbonerds who wants to customize every little aspect of the distro for a (literally nothing) 10mb ~ 20mb less memory usage.

solus just werks

I underestimated how valuable something just werking. I thought all these images were a meme, now that I'm weeks into my Arch install I'm feeling it.

Attached: Arch_Comic_1.png (650x4377, 871K)

>now that I'm weeks into my Arch install I'm feeling it.
I use Arch because it's given me less bullshit than Ubuntu did with PPAs and the buggy-ass GPU driver installer. You shouldn't recommend it to newbies but it's comfy as hell if you are used to bash.

I don't use Arch but I use their wiki alot.

>debian requires you to edit the system
its just
yum install

Insted of
apt-get install

>yum
we dnf now

What are you talking about?
The wiki is straight to the point.
It is like stack overflow without the dumb question part.

the point is that OP is a tard

>I use Arch because it's given me less bullshit
...It's literally (the same thing ubuntu gives) plus 20 mb. You are working your ass off like a fucking turd for literally nothing.
>What are you talking about?
Read above.

>You are working your ass off like a fucking turd for literally nothing.
I am using Arch specifically to avoid that extra effort. PPAs and version migration are annoying to deal with.

>I am using Arch specifically to avoid that extra effort.
>using arch
>to avoid the extra effort
That's a funny way to say Ubuntu, user.

Attached: 23r 34rt34t54.gif (500x278, 464K)

>Straight to the point

Sometimes.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration

Sometimes it's a dissonant list of random solutions, half of which are outdated and the other half of which don't work or depend on normie packages like Libinput.

Gets it
Doesn't

Arch takes about half an hour to install if you're half competent, and after that, it'll run forever, always completely up to date. My arch install has been with me since 2011, and migrated through 4 different machines and 2 full desktop upgrades.

Ubuntu and Apt seem to break every time you look sideways at it, and their package libraries are sparse and go out of date after 6 months, after which you only get backported security shit. I was using RadeonSI for over a year on Arch before it even hit testing repos for Ubuntu.

Well, it works for me. If it doesn't work for you, that's not my problem.

>pacman erases your custom configs without asking

has this happened to anyone really? genuinely curious.

yep, it's a piece of shit bastard. Use CentOS. The real STABLE system and you will have no surprises even though it's harder than arch

Yeah, it doesn't happen. .pacnew files exist for a reason. Whatever tard made this is probably upset because something pulled a dependency he didn't want when he upgraded and he's too stupid to put it in the skip list.

trips never lie

Attached: download (11).jpg (225x225, 12K)

>Well, it works for me. If it doesn't work for you, that's not my problem.
That's the Linux philosophy.

Last time I tried Arch I couldn't even open the settings in GNOME for whatever reason.
Arch also has stupid hard dependencies like Evolution and GNOME Calendar.

>"It's just... just... wait, what do you mean, your debian distro does not have yum? Oh, you can always compile it, dummy! Oh, what do you mean, you don't -KNOW- how to compile? Pfft, go back to Windows you fucking retard!"

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (499x550, 40K)

These all sound suspiciously like Gnome problems. I gave up trying to understand Gnome and it's retarded design philosophy when they removed the setting to decide what the power button does, hardcoded it to suspend (which is touch and go on a lot of hardware), and removed the related dconf setting, so you couldn't even configure it in the backend. You have to fucking intercept the ACPI event and manually tie it to shutdown just to have the PC turn off when you press the power button.

>ubuntu: sudo apt install ___
>debian: apt install ___
>arch: pacman -S ___
>gentoo: emerge -aDNu ___ @world
it's literally this easy, you're just a brainlet

>These all sound suspiciously like Gnome problems.
Never had those problems on Fedora.

>when they removed the setting to decide what the power button does
What?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-06 21-36-40.png (578x196, 12K)

Imagine unironically using a distro that's been hijacked by the food industry and tries to use software names to brainwash you into eating more cheetos and candy.

See . Just switch yum to (command).

You talk like (the distro's current package manager) has access to all packages available on the internet... which is a fallacy. I had to edit the repo. MANUALLY if I had to install something on debian. And it's beyond retarded on gentoo/arch. So no, you are the brainlet here.

AUR is pretty neat and portage overlays aren't that bad.

Damn right.
>And it's beyond retarded on gentoo/arch.
PKGBUILDs and Portage. You can also build and run non-system software locally instead of installing it as root, which works for any distro.

>ubuntu: here's a bunch of shit you don't need and will never use
>debian: you want a rock solid stable system that your boss will be happy with? Sounds good
>arch: Okay, we got rid of all that shit for you, do whatever the fuck you want, have fun.
>gentoo: Fuck bloat, this is your PC, you can do with it what you want
Fixed it for you

>gentoo
>not just running whatever bare metal
lol "fuck bloat" how wrong

t b h fuck gentoo as a desktop os, it's not really what it's built for anyway so including it here is kind of a misnomer.

>>chinatsu: a shit
you take that back

Attached: 1534084393417.png (631x724, 357K)

she has ruined multiple of episodes to this date, I can't forgive that cunt voice

to be honest for me I don't wanna use Ubuntu is because not bloated instead I just want not a company to control my PC instead I want to use a community based distro like Gentoo, Void, etc.
and learn to control myself using it.
so far Gentoo is my machine nothing else.

>Evolution and GNOME Calendar.
these are hard dependencies and you can not have gnome without it. Sure you can remove the evolution mail client, but the evolution backend itself is not possible. Gnome Calendar also can not be removed without removing gnome. Long time debian user here.

yep
no, you're schizophrenic and mentally challenged.
I understand how it's shit to change stuff about gnome. But the defaults are pretty nice. Even if it's bloated I think it's the best "default" experience for linux, it's really intuitive for keyboard driven usage without being hard to use with a touchpad.
I never use a mouse lately, but when I did I noticed I ended up using gnome classic extensions, so that is probably the main complain, mouse users who get mad at the interface for not being mouse driven. But it's the same for any bare tiling window manager

>falling for bait