Reminder that regardless of what it does, uBlock Origin is literally ONLY good for hiding ads...

Reminder that regardless of what it does, uBlock Origin is literally ONLY good for hiding ads. You use uMatrix to actually block things

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F0%2F05%2FUBlock_Origin.svg%2F1 (1200x1200, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what about scripts and frames?

Why is OP always a stupid faggot?

you can block those with umatrix

you don't need uMatrix to do that

Attached: firefox_2019-04-07_17-32-05.png (546x160, 9K)

uBO stores ads in your client-side now, so good luck blocking anything with uMatrix if you also have uHide Origin installed.

Attached: 1553722688371.png (367x177, 6K)

What an absolute load of shit.

GORSHILL BTFO

Browser based blocking is so fucking slow, better to slap all the domains in the hosts file.

Nobody cares about what you have in your mouth, gorshill.

You can probably give proof for your claim, then. Because as of now, I'll just have to assume you have no idea what that prompt is asking for and why, so you made up some shit. Go ahead, prove that "uBO stores ads in your client-side now".

>here is a snip of uBlock asking for permissions
>BTW it doesn't actually say what this data is, so clearly it's ads

fuck off retard

>not doing dns level add-blocking with your router or a pi-hole in addition to using ublock

Attached: vy58cpY.png (1920x974, 124K)

I use Adguard DNS. Dgaf if botnet.

You're retarded. github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
You're double retarded.

Sorry brainlet here, what does OP mean by block 'things'? What is there to block other than the ads?

Oh I see, it's the daily lies about ublock origin thread.

this guy gets it.

t mental illness

I'm sorry to hear that.

Absolutely based and extremely redpilled

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-125723_Bromite.png (1555x2048, 238K)

ok I need to build a damn pi-hole been putting it off for too long... thanks user

thats openwrt
this is pi-hole.

both use the same way to block adds though and blocklists are interchangable. piehole has a neater interface though and gives you more info about what is being blocked.

openwrt is open source firmware for your router, where as pi-hole is a physical firewall right?

close.
openwrt is a custom firmware sure. pie hole is really just a program that you can install on any linux distro.
it was designed to run on debian though on a raspberry pie.
its really simple all you do is install raspbian on an sdcard, put it in the pi and then download pi-hole and run it. then you just give it a static ip and connect it to your router. after that all you have to do is either set your router to use the raspberry pi as dns server or individually set each device's dns server to the raspberry pie address.
its really easy to set up and there are tons of tutorials about how to do it.

thanks user appreciate the clarification.

Does work pretty well..

Attached: PiHole.png (2509x2124, 657K)

what about adnauseam?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 15.00.49.png (212x206, 16K)

I can't belive this meme is still around

thats just because of firefox extension policies getting stricter, always been the same for chromium

Stricter policies don't make it alright to store ads on my hard drive, sorry gorhill.

Install Noscript and do the noscript jiggle!
Toggle the switches on and off until the site works!
:DDDDDDDDDDDDd

Holy shit, uninstalled

Back in the day we referred to OP's type of meme as "bait".
󠛡 󠛡 ▲
▲ ▲

the ancient tongue used was 'troll'

lol this
Go the fuck back.