Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Attached: Screenshot_20190407_100311.jpg (1080x1208, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/iphones-make-far-more-margin-70-than-analysts-and-apple-watchers-think/
quora.com/What-is-the-likely-profit-margin-on-the-iPhone-X
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: ehsqrve.gif (396x297, 1.94M)

coz they look fucking retarded

>The land of poo(r) doesn’t buy IPhones
Color me surprised

I bought one, it’s pretty good.

smart phone saturation and peak normie performance

normies dont need 'more powerful' phones every year. if it can make calls/text/video and stream music/videos/play stupid games thats enough for most normies.

just like cars - everyone who wants/can afford one in the world pretty much has one(or more) yet car companies still keep producing cars at retard speed and wondering why no one is buying em even when they spend millions on PR campaigns to promote 'buying a new car every few years' even tho cars can last decades.

only tools tech companies have left to prop up phone sales is planned obsolescence and the lure of better battery time - which kind of combat each other, ergo, smart phone sales are on the downturn.

Attached: 1554182996607.png (252x673, 249K)

>in India
>why do people in an extremely poor country not want to buy a $800 phone
gee i don't know

>why do people in an extremely poor country not want to buy a $800 phone
u do realize pajeet middle class is the size of an entire large country like germany right?

ANDREETS CONFIRMED SALTY THEY CANT AFFORD IPHONES

L M A O

Attached: 5EF53329-1802-45C1-9E65-08FF72BA0615.jpg (643x960, 487K)

>roopee

Attached: ogg.jpg (600x600, 100K)

india is ranked like 150 in gdp per capita and has one of the largest amounts of people in poverty

>cm

Right, but there's 1.3BN of them brainlet

You have to use mm? I feel sorry for you then.

Because one of their biggest target group is tech illiterate normie Boomers that still do not fucking want big phones.
There are so many people at my company using an iPhone SE because they don't need more and aren't using social media.
I'm pretty sure Apple will make a shitton of money if they ever release a new iPhone SE.
The biggest problem today is that companies rely on data mined algorythmic marketing recommendations that completely ignore the people who aren't even a big part of the farmed data.

Rekt!

>yet car companies still keep producing cars at retard speed and wondering why no one is buying em even when they spend millions on PR campaigns to promote 'buying a new car every few years' even tho cars can last decades.
Older cars can last decades, the new ones are built like massively over-engineered appliances and are not designed to last more than 10-15 years without something going seriously wrong, and by that point they'll have hit rock bottom depreciation and parts will be hard to get, so no one will want to fix them.
In yurop it's common to ditch cars once they roll over 100k kms, or so I've heard. There's also the fact that fleet companies (think rental cars, taxis, courier vans, work vehicles) only keep vehicles while they're in the warranty period and spend as little money as possible on maintenance.
Finally, auto companies have been doing this "new model every 1-3 years" shit since the 50s, they're not going to stop until cars get banned entirely.

Attached: 1503077662858.jpg (900x900, 68K)

Tiny-hands manlet detected

>In yurop it's common to ditch cars once they roll over 100k kms, or so I've heard.

Attached: DB87D3F2-4308-42BC-9487-23FB3401183A.jpg (244x209, 24K)

Can confirm

After selling my AppleTV 3rd gen. I am not bothering to use any apple product anymore.

On average a car is resold for the first time at about 80k km, brainlet.

>sell phone for first world prices
>in second and third world countries
Smart!

Wrong. 100k km faggot

Why didn't we listen?

Attached: it's too late.jpg (1200x815, 358K)

Okay, you realize that‘s an even stronger point against the initial claim?

Both China and India are trying to build their own brands and are using a bit of nationalism to do it. In the next 10 years even luxury brands are going to struggle in these markets as they build their own "high end" up.

It's inevitable. And thanks to the sheer size of both these markets it'll start slowly taking over the west, China will certainly have the first multi-trillion company. Unless we end up with a war when the globalists who facilitated and abused manufacturing in the east get a sudden wakeup call when they realise they are going to become the small fish.

Yes im another person tho

You keep contradicting yourself though. Lurk more before samefagging this badly, burgerbro.

im not the other poster dipshit i just agreed with "burgerbro" on 100k km (more or less) being the norm for resale im not even following ur convo

>currency is actually called rupees
Lol holy shit that entire country is a fucking joke isn't it

I don't mean resale, user, I mean they're likely to scrap them for recycling. Manufacturers actually try to design cars with recycling in mind, but the energy used in scrapping and recovering even half of the useful materials is still stupidly wasteful.

Because we have the Pixel 3 XL
Post the set

Yeah, she fucks niggers.

Good post
Steve Jobs pissed off the Indians while he was there converting to Buddhism.

Attached: lainexplore.jpg (500x700, 871K)

Can't flex on those with 5 year old iphones.
They haven't changed the basic design for that long.

>be India physical store need to contain goods that 30% made in India. Be poor, apple expect to win big.

>I don't mean resale, user, I mean they're likely to scrap them for recycling.
Yeah, I got that. It was my point that nobody scraps cars at 100k here. Your average car is first resold at about 80k and has 3-4 owners before being going to the yard. Average scrap age of a car is ~19 years and average annual mileage is ~14k km, so we get about 270k km per car lifetime.

you are retarded, the new model every 1-3 years only happens if a car is actually sold well. They do not have an incentive to re factory, and retool an entire plant if the car did not sell well. Mitsubishi been making the same model for 6 years cause it clearly did not reach figure, to be able to retool and refactory a new design upgrade.

Mmmm Emma.

Nobody else bothered by the fact that they can cut 260 dollaridoos out of the price and it's still profitable for them? And yet idiots in the west keep buying them at a premium.

Yes. Seriously considering dumbphone next time. But HMD Global is only releasing Nokia 210 in india.

Appel has a 75% margin on their iToys my friend

But desu i can't blame them, and it's not so bad for the iToddlers, they get "geniuses" to help them do basic retarded shit, can resell their phones after 2y (to poorer iToddlers) and get a decent, albeit basic, experience

Attached: 1496686297868.jpg (470x495, 73K)

In Britain most cars I see get sold at about 40-60km, and the bargain basement prices start at about 100km

I guess I misunderstood the point of your post then. It's pretty common to see cars past 250k kms in Australia, there's still heaps of cars from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s on the road.

Of course they're not going to bother redesigning cars that aren't selling well, but you'll still rarely see a model last more than 10 years, and in that time they'll usually receive at least one or two body facelifts along with improved engines and interior features.
The point is that manufacturers are still trying to sell a "new" car to consumers every few years, and the entire fucking auto industry is build around this concept of constant, incremental model changes with little to no thought given to long-term sustainability or the needs of the consumer.

>40-60km
>100km

Attached: 1526818409471.png (591x422, 24K)

Source on your bullshit claim?
Don’t give me that “it cost 300$ to make” when there is r&d plus overhead for staff, taxes etc.

I hate apple but who cares about looks on a fucking phone?

I meant miles but everyone was talking about km. sorry shartinmart

u can literally google it turbonigger
hre's first result:
cbsnews.com/news/iphones-make-far-more-margin-70-than-analysts-and-apple-watchers-think/

>r&d plus overhead for staff, taxes etc.
do u even know what margin on a product means?
those are not part of margin

NIGGER

>I meant miles
are you sure you didn't mean THOUSANDS of miles britnigger

Attached: 1526683044316.png (741x649, 26K)

I wanna chop you head off

learn english, shitter.

>I wanna chop you head off
typical nigger

More specifically : nobody needs "more powerful phones", because the format makes it worthless

>has iphone 7

You people might actually be retarded. It's Ugadi, the South Indian New Year. It's not a price cut, it's a weekend sale that ends Monday.

It took all of 10 seconds to Google that.

HOW do you recoup costs sunk into development you NIGGER?

I guarantee that you are a massive fucking fag

Attached: zelda_merchant.jpg (500x320, 64K)

>It's Ugadi, the South Indian New Year.
Sounds like a shitfest

because fat ass bezel and notch are more than looks, but also functional problems.

>HOW do you recoup costs sunk into development you NIGGER?
retard read the definition of MARGIN
it's a specific metric with a formula it
there are other metrics that take into account fixed costs, taxes, etc such as PROFIT

Attached: Drgw_ZSVAAEGSWJ.jpg (494x485, 26K)

Peak smartphone has passed, the fad is dying.

People are sick of seeing other people use their phones all the time instead of conversing like normal people pre smartphone.

They sell Pocomemes and Note 7 Pros in India for dirt cheap
why anyone would buy an iShit over those is beyond me.

it might not be true though. it's possible apple expects to loss leader it in india and profit from their rent seeking iEcosystem, such as the apple store, apple music and probably accessories like airpods

>>People are sick of seeing other people use their phones all the time instead of conversing like normal people pre smartphone.

>people still believe this utter tripe
absolute moron here.

Because we already have an iPhone X

no iphone se2

Attached: eb89e148ca1b0a23ca7956dc87de1890.jpg (595x842, 61K)

BOM is different from the gross and net margin, you fucking pajeet.
About 30% of cost is BOM, then around 30-40% profit, then the other percentage is other costs.
quora.com/What-is-the-likely-profit-margin-on-the-iPhone-X
>quora
It’s a well written, fully sourced post. Now kys.

you seem to be illiterate and retarded man
>BOM is different from the gross and net margin, you fucking pajeet.
mmm who the fuck said anything about BOM

>About 30% of cost is BOM, then around 30-40% profit, then the other percentage is other costs.
Ok

Even your own shitty links confirms a gross margin of roughly 70% and profit margin of 40%

The smartphone fad is dying. Get over it.

>the smartphone fad is dying

sure it is. just like the internet fad is dying. smartphones are not going anywhere and there will only be more people with them at increasingly younger ages and poorer demographics.

>more people with smartphones
>smartphones sales decrease YoY

Makes sense.

>people aren't replacing smartphones rapidly

ok and?

oh look it's the retard nigger from yesterday

Attached: DSC_3704inline.jpg (500x332, 235K)

Because just stating margin of 75% without stating that this is before employees are paid, research and design costs etc are recouped is disingenuous, you fucking paid Andreet shill.

>is disingenuous
mental abomination,
that is the definition of MARGIN whether it makes your gaping pozzed asshole clench or not

>before employees are paid, research and design costs
hurr durr the AIDS has rotten your brain even further

if company A has 70% margin vs company B with 40% margin and the above are comparable then company A is making a shitton off money more than B (i.e. profits off retards like you)

Truly embarassing

Attached: DjUCm-sWsAIHvgK.jpg (398x594, 36K)

>that is the definition of MARGIN

no not really. margin can have largely different meanings based on usage. the position you hold so dear can hardly be called a margin when reality sets in and other, non material costs start being computed in; such as shipping, stocking shelves, software, testing, verification, marketing, etc. the only margin is the one that accounts for the business as a whole.

TIM APPLE BTFO

Attached: 1542605779123.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

You must work in smartphone design. You'll probably be out of a job in a couple of years seeing as smartphone sales are declining 5% YoY, and those figures don't account for the. switch to chinkphones.

Samsung will be forced to slash prices by 50% to compete with Chinkphones.

user, your own link states that after all operational costs 40% of the price is pure profit. What are you arguing about?

>100km bargain basement prices
I would understand this in the UK since it probably takes quite some time there to rack that up? Here in Canada that's like 3-4yrs avg.
>20k-30k yr for avg person
>any travelling such as sales guys at work put in 40-50k a year.

Buying a used car at 150km+ is quite normal.

Attached: cool_truck.jpg (578x478, 46K)

>per capita
That doesn't mean jack shit in a country with high income inequality and the second most populous country in the world. There are at least 65M adults with an income higher than $10,000, more if you count their children

Attached: [email protected] (621x414, 34K)

I'd have to pay 1200€ for an Iphone Xs, and that's a 64gb model.
I wouldn't mind owning an Iphone, but the prices are out of control. It's absolutely retarded to have the cheapest "main" Iphone cost that much, or any other smartphone for that matter.
I went out and bought a Oneplus 6 instead, which saved me roughly 700€ and I still got all flagship features & specs except for the camera.

I'd argue that's the reason why Iphones aren't selling. I don't think even the normies want to pay that much for a phone.

The single most important reason why I don't even consider upgrading my current phone to any modern "fLaGsHiP pHoNe" no matter who made it is no Audiojack, refusing to accept that USB C is the single best solution and shit battery life because we need to appeal to the average retard with muh 12234879234x129031231 screen and 316 Cameras.

XS price is too high while iPhone XR is a glorified budget phone.

I read this as the phone being $249, which seemed like a decent price... Then realised it's reduced by that

Indians buy cheap Oppo, Huawei, or Xiaomi phones for $100-$200, not iShit

This 100%

I got a $300 Oppo R11S when it first came out like a year and half ago. Still brilliant and fast

No desire to get a new phone

Normies finally getting tired of buying new and increasingly more expensive phones every year, as well as realizing that modern Android phones can be just as good, if not better.

2 friends that happen to be gay have Huaweis now, once women get chink phones apple will be bust

Attached: 1554092630914.jpg (918x719, 42K)

Huawei and Xiaomi are all much better for lower price.

Only if it's a notch.
The only true display for anything is a rectangle, with zero curves or intrusions whatsoever, anything else is folly.

based

>ipoojeet banned AGAIN

Attached: 1544992442680.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

>works like last years phones
>works like any other phone
>50% more expensive
>old phone works fine

whats the point

Attached: 2122FC9D-7BE9-46B3-8765-A1009761E189.gif (256x342, 9K)

literally any normie

Why do these pos cost $1k? I'll keep using my 6s.

Idk why this didn't occur to OP

All phones from 2012 to current are functionally identical and provide no meaningful upgrades at all.

bass