Is the input lag in wireless keyboards / mice noticeable?

Is the input lag in wireless keyboards / mice noticeable?

Attached: keys.jpg (1000x667, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitech.com/en-us/product/craft
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870308572
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

install gentoo

theres no input lag on ur mum

I use LIGHTSPEED(tm) products only

What's this keyboard? Looks gay. Want it.

For general work? Doubt it.
For gaming? Don't know, I'm not that autistic.

Attached: 1539047511912.jpg (1365x2048, 133K)

Logitech Craft. That's an input dial in the corner.
logitech.com/en-us/product/craft

Absolutely not. Logitech even made a wireless mouse that was faster than a wired one. It's all about polling rate. Modern (even old) Bluetooth can be (and is) configured to have as little input lag as wired peripherals.

It depends on the model
Certain wireless mice beat out some wired mice, but that's when you pay $70 or more. I don't know anything about wireless keyboards.

I don't understand this meme... If you're using the receiver with a USB extender, isn't it just as fast as wired? Or is the 3 inches of wire it cut out really making it faster?

Logitech has a mouse with 1ms input lag.

Why do you need a wireless keyboard?

kys disgusting footfag
you're sick

Wireless devices are moving data at the speed of light. Wired devices are slower.

Depends on a few factors:

- Bluetooth version
- quality of transmitter and receiver
- driver
- distance between keyboard and receiver
- angle between keyb/rec
- battery charge

If you get one made by a company with high quality standards in hardware (like microsoft), they're ok, as long as you don't use them too far from the receiver and the angle is not too obstructive, which would block transmission of signals.

Input lag in wireless keyboards used to be much worse a few years ago, things have improved a lot lately.

Yes, it can cause stuttering.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870308572

>im not that autistic
>im just a footfag
Consider suicide.

Generally speaking, everything wireless that is not branded/marketed as gaming, lightspeed etc. will have higher latency than its wired counterpart. That usually means bluetooth and older wireless devices and depending on specific peripheral it can be noticeable even on desktop.

Im saying generally, because latency from wireless transmission isnt the only part of input lag of peripheral.

Not him and I dont necessarily need it, but it would be nice to not bother with cables when I want to move keyboard because I want to use desk for writing or drawing or basically anything else. Also makes working place more tidy without having to drill holes into desk. Usual ocd stuff.

That has nothing to do with wireless, you can change polling rate even on wired mouse.

>Absolutely not. Logitech even made a wireless mouse that was faster than a wired one.
What you mean "faster" ?

Unironically the comfiest keyboard I’ve ever used

how the fuck has logitech reinvented itself into a premium devices company now? pretty impressive 2bh

whats up with the normies today

as he said in his post, a higher polling rate

Lower latency. I watched a talk John carmack gave about making the Oculus rift and he mentions how there's a bunch of shit in the usb protocol due to some legacy reasons that cause a lot of latency and buffering to happen before it gets sent through the wire.

Surely they still make cheap bulk peripherals for offices

off yourself

They compared them to dogshit mice that had very high latency for wired. Why do you think they didn't compare their wireless mice to their own wired mice? To not reveal the wireless latency.

You can't compare the data transfer between an Oculus rift and a small keyboard.

no.

Mice, no if theyre top tier (g903). Keyboards i have no idea.

Controllers its inverse. On the ps4 at least wireless is faster than wired