Holy shit, somebody's finally making the perfect cellphone

holy shit, somebody's finally making the perfect cellphone
kickstarter.com/projects/2103809433/wiphone-a-phone-for-hackers-and-makers/

Attached: wiphone.png (680x725, 764K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/127134527/first-iot-enabled-and-modular-phone-for-raspberry
files.catbox.moe/vyeag1.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hackers and makers
I better be the only reply in this thread. fuck you

Attached: image.jpg (529x419, 141K)

>holy shit! Someone’s started another Kickstarter scheme!

>for hackers and makers

Attached: 052753C7-3690-4BEF-A9B3-192820FA3258.png (665x800, 54K)

>kickscammer

kickstarter.com/projects/127134527/first-iot-enabled-and-modular-phone-for-raspberry

But phablets are the future.

>hackers

>not buying a good burner every week

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

>a-phone-for-hackers-and-makers
You mean every android phone unlocked bootloader? Specifically the ones with nethunter available?

read the fucking page holy shit

>informed opinions
>Jow Forums trash
pick one

holy shit, they try really REALLY hard

Attached: phagboard.png (363x48, 25K)

>40k goal
>not even as polished as a basic $20 phone 15 years ago

Attached: 1553779060395.png (326x239, 140K)

It's not even a cell phone

OH MY GAWD IM FIGURATIVELY ORDERING ONE RIGHT NOW

Attached: 9605AD53-0668-4A4F-BAFD-3D04438DCE24.png (1334x750, 3.49M)

Could you use this for an ied? Asking for my cousin

ITS A TOOL TO HELP ME ON MY NEXT AWWWSOME PROJECT OH MY GOD LITERALLY SHAKING RN

Attached: 4C769A52-5CD8-476A-A5A7-B0B40EA7FD33.jpg (609x750, 75K)

what did I tell you niggers?

Truly cringeworthy thread
>hackers and makers
>makers
fucking kill yourself

in case you planned to sleep tonight

Attached: O_O.gif (221x324, 1.1M)

So it's a mcu devboard with a screen, a battery, a keypad and a wifi module?
This shit is basically a fucking arduino starter kit put together in a case.

what a fucking idiotic thing
i wonder how many people thought
>gee, i want a dumb phone, but i also want the backside to double as an arduino!
fucking no one did

>can only call people when connected to wifi
>lte modem (NOT a baseband radio) is a stretch goal
gee, i fucking love when phones that you can't call anyone from when you're outside of your house or workplace
what a useless device

>rc car
>sparklepony rgb array
those people are using these things as actual proofs of concept. If that's the most useful and creative ideas they could come up with then i have no words

Attached: 1497280900260.jpg (312x345, 21K)

That one would be perfect for that datamosh effect

Attached: datamosh.gif (400x412, 859K)

>Normal phones might have 2 or 3 modes available to drive the flash LED, but with this setup you can make it do exactly what you want. Temporary flash? Strobe? Morse Code? All are no problem with simple Arduino programming.
thank god they're solving a problem that only exists in their heads
it's not like there are iOS/Android apps that have full access to the LED and can do mentioned things easily and quickly

> Yet So Stylish And Sophisticated!
heh it's literally an autism box

>designed in california
biggest reason not to buy this piece of trash

WOW THIS IS A TOTALLY NEW CONCEPT

Attached: serveimage (3).jpg (960x1280, 207K)

>It's just an ESP32
>no cellular capabilities, just WiFi
Why would I get this instead of just buying the $3 chip it's using and putting it in whatever I want? What's the point of it being in a cell phone form factor if it doesn't function as a cell phone?

Oh, so you made the kickstarter then.
Go shill your scam elsewhere.

I can't waaaaait

Attached: 983A489967D64D0598355B74F2C58EC4.gif (307x343, 22K)

>Business In The Front, Party In The Back

Attached: 1517021410730.gif (413x243, 51K)

>The whole back of the phone is a replaceable panel that accepts a standard 1.6mm thickness PCB, which you can use to add whatever functionality you like.
That's pretty cool, actually. If only it had an actual cellular modem in it, I would probably buy one

the fuck this is so retarded, these fucking "hacks" are useless, you can't even use this thing for spi flashing as it doesn't have enough pins
the battery lasts one fucking day? nigger just buy a 3310 and it'll last two months while actually being a fucking phone, this is beyond stupid, kys

Attached: 1554350070863-g.jpg (489x400, 56K)

>no cellular module native to phone; have to develop a daughter board
Oh boy, the possibilities. The only thing saving this is the fact it's $90 and you can probably build a cell modem for another $120.

jesus christ why can't we get a legitimate project to make an open-source baseband transceiver

Attached: 1554053605930.png (866x635, 236K)

can we turn this into a shitty kickstarter thread?

Attached: literally_just_kill_me.jpg (1534x1972, 249K)

why dont you do it?

le epik haxxor xDDDddd

>white hispanic guy decides to create an app for black youth based on racial stereotypes
>diversity in tech hero

I've done more for black youth than this guy. I convinced my poor mixed friend not to buy a MacBook.

>for hackers and makers
Why can't we get a serious, technically-minded pocket computing device that isn't just another toy designed to pander to some shallow trendy social media subculture? This is the same shit I hate about all of the attempts to revive UMPCs, too, and the marketing blather on the kickstarter page is just depressing and sickening. Does anyone take their shit seriously anymore?

Attached: 1553074966248.png (1170x836, 203K)

why dont you make a serious, technically-minded pocket computing device?
What would make yours more than just something to pander to your shallow, trendy subculture?

Because that doesn't get you free money on kickfundme.

"n-no you!"
Nice attempt at deflecting with one of the most braindead and primal screeches in the book, but sorry, it doesn't make your product any less retarded. Pick a better demographic to shill to next time and try not to show so much emotion when people inevitably question it.

It's not a cellphone since it has no cellular modem.

Attached: 4cb761f641f0009d022cd69a54f4c397_original.jpg (680x1243, 183K)

If you want a real open sauce celphone for muh firmware hacking then get something that runs osmocombb

aw fuck

>"phone"
>no sim card slot
>b but you can use wifi to voip

Attached: lolbear.jpg (320x240, 18K)

Because I'm not the one trying to sell a VOIP-only phone to people by gushing over the fact you can make it do the same things Adruino Unos can do for about the three times the price.
They even make fun of wanting a cell modem.

Attached: 1525737981939.png (677x231, 10K)

>build a product to answer the alleged demands of a market
>shill it to the market as the "perfect" device for their needs
>"but X isn't perfect, it doesn't do Y and Z is poorly implemented, this just looks like a scam trying to manipulate me"
>just make your own and go manipulate yourself!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a word or phrase to describe this retarded fallacy where people purposefully misunderstand the basic underpinnings of the world economy to try and excuse their doing a shit job at participating in it? I see it here a lot.

Attached: 1545724747718.png (930x1026, 204K)

>arduino phone
>tft lcd with an atmega inside
>called a phone but only calls over wifi, probably an esp module inside
>over 60k pledged
people are fucking dumb

Attached: 1526097508692.png (680x617, 122K)

haha OP your "phone" is horse shit. good luck

Attached: a.png (813x470, 48K)

>Is there a word or phrase to describe this retarded fallacy where people purposefully misunderstand the basic underpinnings of the world economy to try and excuse their doing a shit job at participating in it? I see it here a lot.
it's just general mental retardation

>mfw when I watched their pitch video

Attached: 1494810023121.png (448x450, 253K)

*goes fr a walk outside away from nearest modem or repeater*

Attached: burning_2018.jpg (1280x534, 99K)

>voip
hot juicy nothingburger

uh guys, who is this whole REALLY made for? This is a terrorists wet dream.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-07_16-53-57.png (683x569, 318K)

aaaaa

Attached: file.png (416x516, 228K)

>kikestarter niggers will never give us a ruggedized neo-organiser built around a 16-bit MCU with 128-512K memory, a couple megabytes of flash storage, some simple I/O and expansion and an extremely simple operating system that supplies one or two equally simple language interpreters that can be accessed and utilized on the device itself
Fuckin' hurts, man. Fuck this gay "maker" culture that just obsesses over the internet of shit.

Attached: Psion_Organiser_2.gif (446x822, 233K)

I want to build a nitromethane RC car with a cell modem controlling it now.
I don't have the distillation equipment to isolate the NM from the fuel to mix with fertilizers, Mr ATF man; don't investigate me please. I can't pretend I'm the bad guy from that Clint Eastwood movie.

Blaming the customer for not buying their excellent products

Is an app that can scan IT issues right of your phone using wifi frequencies that can detect errors in your system backed up buy a server that can shot signals back and forth to the the phone thats operating the ABS app its an idea that i though off in my freshman year in college i have been slowly working on it but have not sold it to anyone yet right now still an idea i have not started to develop it yet because i do not have the resources to do so i do believe that my idea will change the world of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY the app will be available to any business owners and major companies in the US for free through a subscription on the app store and google play store

Attached: file.png (1054x664, 314K)

Jow Forums they_need_to_build_computers_easy_to_use_like_TVs.jpg

>3 backers

Attached: smug_engineers.jpg (1039x847, 154K)

I'm glad I bothered with this.

Attached: derptest3.webm (224x324, 114K)

LMAO, thank you so much

Make it a gif and we are done

Why does he sound like that?

Attached: 1478476680792.jpg (1280x1280, 263K)

almost perfect but sucks that it took away the insane expression he did by himself. would have been perfect if the mosh effect kicked in right after or kinda while he did that face ballet with the wide open eyes

Attached: 1489628341671.gif (695x392, 2.24M)

I am pleb at reducing gif sizes.

Dude that was the first time I've ever done that. I had no idea what I was doing.

Attached: derptest15frames.gif (224x324, 3.79M)

for that it's breddy gud tho

like this?

Attached: soi.webm (224x324, 127K)

Attached: soi.gif (224x324, 3.91M)

i dont give a fuck if it's for hackers or makers or geeks or nerds it looks like shit and no one cares. free calling isnt worth being called a tard and being made fun of everytime you go anywhere with it

>general mental retardation
anime website

holy fuck my sides. perfect.

Attached: 1487878754341.jpg (1500x1500, 45K)

you did fantastic.
made a highly optimized GIF version of it for whoever still need it as such

Attached: soyoverdose.gif (179x259, 714K)

this motherfuckers voice sounds like a homestar runner character

files.catbox.moe/vyeag1.webm
God this is fun.
I've actually made the hollywood GITS film entertaining.

welcome to a year ago buddy

Lol'd

Attached: computers are racist.png (620x582, 304K)

you're doing the Lord's work lol

Amusing, but retarded.

I don't give a shit if my phone has a built-in Arduino.
Does it respect your freedoms? If so, I'm interested.

Seeed studio tried this a while back with the RePhone, went about as well as expected.

nigga thats deadass an ipod touch except without the touch

i skimmed the page but didn't see anything mentioned about how they will handle the actual level-1 connection to the tower.

afaik the single BIGGEST problem impeding truly open cell phones is that NOBODY manufactures open-source baseband processors, so you always need a closed-source piece of equipment to do the actual communications between the phone and the towers.

do these guys have a plan on handling that, or is it just another "just use a closed source one and sweep it under the rug, the dumb soi goys wont find out xddddd"

FXTEC PRO 1 YOU ABSOLUTE NIGGA

Formerly Suuck

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the plan is that it has no cellular connection and only uses wifi

>do these guys have a plan on handling that, or is it just another "just use a closed source one and sweep it under the rug, the dumb soi goys wont find out xddddd"
Even "better": it has no cellular modem of any kind. That's why they talk so much about "FREE CALLING (over wifi)".

Though, the obvious solution, as used by Purism, is to isolate the baseband from the CPU (don't give it fucking DMA access to main memory like everybody else does for some ungodly reason) and give the damn thing a power switch so you can turn it off when you don't want the botnet tracking your every move

> A cellphone that has no cellular connectivity
This is literally a hipsters ipod touch, but at least Apple had the decency to not market the ipod touch as a cellphone

Attached: 1521792351463.jpg (1200x805, 101K)

that sounds like what you'd call not a phone

Hmm, the page mentions (very briefly) something about an "LTE daughterboard", I guess that could be similar to how purism does it depending on their implementation

never mind, it's a fucking STRETCH GOAL

the absolute state of kickstarter, selling a phone that cant make calls for the vast majority of land area

Attached: 1553538428090.jpg (395x401, 59K)

It's alright but a little expensive and just another one of those one-off nostalgia pandering devices like the Gemini. I'd like to see something lower end with reasonably durable build in the $300 range that ships out of the box with some onboard development environments and other tools that make it a truly versatile pocket computer.

But that shit's a pipe dream, whatever. I'm just tired of niggers hocking toy shit like this as the "perfect" device for people like me who just want to have a real professional-feeling pocket computer to fuck around with that isn't an old PDA.

Attached: itronixmr1i4.jpg (770x433, 56K)

>kickstarter
scam