You didnt fall for the microservices meme, did you user?

Attached: microservice.png (1174x750, 41K)

have fun scaling your rails app, faggot

>rails meme
OH NONONONONONONONONO

have fun debugging your microservices you fucking brainlet

How would it be harder to debug a micro services app?

> he doesn't have tracing or visibility into the service mesh
how's that monolith doing grandpa? still running a LAMP stack from a monorepo?

in a monolith you get a stack trace of your issue and can follow it through. when you have microservices that talk to each other and send messages back and forth, you have an interwined mess and its not always clear where the issue is happening.

get a load of this zoomer, fresh out of college and doesnt have a fucking clue

previous place did, they all got fired

seriously? tell the story.

wtf am i reading?
Yeah, tracing your issue through a million deprecated versions of bloat on your host OS is easier than isolating the offending microservice and rolling-back or updating it. Not to mention when it shits the bed and takes the host down with it.

Stop spouting shit, brainlet.

Attached: 1548252279103.jpg (211x211, 35K)

sounds like you have never programmed in a real world environment. hows your shitty personal ratings app doing you braindead dick head.

>hurr durr, i'm nor retarded, ur returd
Sure got me there user.
Get back to your single bed, you've got school tomorrow.

Attached: 1529729419127.webm (390x293, 376K)

Microservices are for scaling teams.

just a bunch of incompetents hired by their friend, don't even have CS degrees

Having bunch of fun scaling everything with k8s :)

based

So please, tell us where your company fell for that meme.

Microservices is what you get when dll hell gets enhanced with network latency.

Get a hold of this guy, he doesn't know about logs. He also doesn't know about scaling. He probably doesn't even know about getting a job either.

SEETHING node/go cucks

you can instantly spot the NEETs and boomers when they start bashing microservices, this is probably the biggest thing that happened to the software industry in the last decade and it allowed companies to move much faster with a lot more confidence than they used to

>Pain to deploy
>Pain to backup
>Pain to profile or analyze
>Pain to debug
>Quadratically more complicated than the alternative

All because you used a meme language and a meme DB to write your system.
Unless you're like Amazon or Google and do billions of transactions a day, you don't need any of this shit, you can go a long way with PostgreSQL and Java or Go. The thing is, Google and Amazon have entire teams dedicated to every single aspect of this stuff (backup, performance, etc.) Your mid-sized company doesn't.

Change that image so all services are hitting the same db, and then make one of those services really huge, then you have an accurate pic.

Microservices are for realizing short term gains using hodgepodge developer teams with no unified coding discipline, and then selling off the product for some other sucker to maintain as it degrades in a billion unpredictable ways.

>mfw comfy .net core monolith

Attached: 1543875747696.jpg (1073x1041, 186K)

That picture is great because it shows the retarded zoomer JavaScript coder ideology behind this nonsense.
>The user interface is the important thing. That's why there is only one, and why it's bigger than anything else
>Who cares about the data. Just put it into a bunch of random DBs, maybe different implementations, it's all stored as JSON anyway

This is all fine if you're just burning VC money for Uber clone number 289, the problem is that some non-technical managers in serious industries fall for this meme as well, and end up putting people's data at risk.

The "web scale" meme thing is true at the high end, and that's why microservices exist. For anything without strict uptime requirements or insane concurrent user counts, microservices and nosql can be a huge boon... but that's a -really- small percentage of websites. Unless your user count is in the millions traditional backend dev is still fine.

Wtf is a micro service? The boilerplate definition isn't very specific. How is it different from a regular service? IsSoring Boot a microservice?

There's only one because it's client side, retard.

where's the cloud at

microservice exist because node and rails can't get into multithreading

>because it's client side
Which client?
Any complex application (such as one that would require micro-shits) would have different types of users. Amazon has consumers, sellers, workers, delivery services, etc. Why does it show a single fucking user interface?
It's completely bonkers to have a single user interface with 5 DBs, it should be the other way around.
That's the point I was trying to make about ideology.

And how does microservices solve this limitation??? It doesn't. That is what load balancers are for (:

Microservices is the logical conclusion in a SaaS driven industry. Either adapt or fossilize like the rest of the dinosaurs.

That, or move to India/Brazil/etc. Tech giants are offloading their legacy (non-SaaS) product development to 3rd parties.

(Go) kill yourself

Attached: IMG_20190406_224240.jpg (1080x782, 58K)

>Tech giants
That's the problem. An entire industry is talking about what 5 or 6 enormous companies do.
It's idiotic in such a way that only IT autists could come up with. It's as silly as a regional forestry company trying to organize their operations as if they were an oil supermajor.

I think people should just do some back of the envelope calculations: how many transactions will you run? How much useful data will you produce in a day?
Chances are, this will all fit into standard technology like Java or C++ with threads, PostgreSQL (or even SQLite).
I cringe every time I hear zoomers brag about their distributed analytics architecture to compute stuff that I could do with SQLite on my laptop, if not my mobile phone.

>he thinks stack traces are a property of some singular application. He thinks a trace couldn't be built for inter-networked applications.
>he thinks stack traces from some core dump or interpreter can not be equally convoluted

Jesus kiddo