Should i get R5-2600 now or wait for Zen 2 for gaming

Should i get R5-2600 now or wait for Zen 2 for gaming

Attached: FIVE GUYS.jpg (598x450, 127K)

advice me my bros

>be cable installer
>talking with trainee and customer new in town about restaurants
>me, "have you ever had five guys?"
>customer, "five guys? I don't think I could have five guys all at once, maybe one at a time!"
>trainee, dying; me, "no, the restaurant!"

It's a couple months away, might as well wait. Even if you don't want Zen 2, the 2600 has been dropping slowly and will drop the most with Zen 2 launch.

Is that u in the pic?

Just Waitâ„¢
It's the AMD slogan.

Why on earth would you buy old tech when new shit is just 2 or so months away?

That depends. What CPU would you be upgrading from?

Wait on Zen 2. It's coming out around June.

>It's the AMD slogan.
How about that 10nm that was supposed to be out in 2016?

If access to Microcentre just get a 1600 and a decent mobo, familiarize with the platform and swap for Zen 2 at work black Friday. You might"loose " 50$ in depreciation in 6 month max.

I got a 2600 in order to tie me over till next gen ryzeb, all cores at 4ghz.
I honestly don't know if I will bother upgrading.

Intel's current lineup still beats AMD's current lineup, so the wait for 10 nm will beat AMD's 7 nm.

wait tm

Five Guys has the best fucking burgers.
based and redpilled post OP.

>not waiting for zen2
what are you, a retard?

Attached: Zen 2.png (2241x1434, 1.86M)

you mean 2015, right?

Attached: Intel roadmap Working-on-7nm-and-5-nm-Manufacturing-Technologies-3.jpg (1688x795, 342K)

No way in hell we're getting those specs unless they're bumping every model up a price tier

kek

get 9400F for gaming

>restaurant called 5 guys
apple is making food now?

You understand you make no sense in this context? It would be fine with GPUs, but AMD releasing new, yes, new, not Intel new, but new CPUs since ryzen and waiting for 2 months for 7nm CPU is a sensible thing to do.
I understand, you're in "14nm is enough" mentality. Good for you. I, and I assume most of Jow Forums, likes to see innovation in computer technologies.

Maybe if we're talking Intel jew pricing.

That pic has already been proven fake several times.

old mobos are getting the bios updates to run zen 2. it's literally around the corner. just wait

Confirmed fake and gay. Gotta give it to the scottish neet tho, he scammed plenty of people and made a ton of dosh from retards.
>no sku announced at ces
>no navi at ces
>12 cores is the max amount according to people with ES chips
>same people confirm clocks are not even close to 5 ghz
>benchmarks for quad core mattise cpus popped out in the pasts weeks
>amd confirmed there won't be chiplet apus this generation
I can't believe how this guy is still making videos and shameless scamming kids from their money.

Have good CPU now? Wait.

Need a new CPU now? Buy.

Gaming is not CPU bottle-necked at the moment, so you are fine either way.

I'm waiting for zen 2 and will almost certainly buy one of the 8 core ones unless they're a massive flop, but that pic is definitely too good to be true and you'd have to be a retard to believe it. AMD will undercut intel's dollar for dollar performance, of course, but not by THAT much.
We've known for a while that they've promised to investors that they'll be improving their margins, you don't do that by being overly charitable with your pricing.

Attached: 1536578777939.jpg (362x400, 32K)

Ryzen 2 + Navi will probably be really good value when they launch. So wait for this.
That is if they launch at reasonable price unlike the Vegas that were totally overpriced at launch. They're good value now tho, especially with freesync.

hold off and see what the 3600 can do, if it's not a big improvement you can grab the discounted 2600.

Launch prices will be around 50 dollars higher.

Both are 6 cores but the 3600 should be clocked higher so it's gonna be better.

If the 3600X really can do 4.8Ghz it will be the king of all purpose CPU. Unless it costs 300, cause then any discount on the i5 9600k would be infinitely better for gaming.

it depends, do you want to game on 1080p high refresh with a 1080Ti+ like an esports fag? wait. if on any lower tier gpu or higher resolution, get the 2600, if you need it now.

Doubt it will cost 300 bucks since their 6 cores msrp is between 200-230. The 3600x might cost 250 most likely.

R5 2600X + Vega 64 running optimized games (such as Overwatch) at 144Hz in WQHD with my freesync screen
You don't need a 2k dollars PC for good performance nowadays

>WQHD
so higher than 1080? that means youre not an esports500fpsfag

>AMD
>gaming
lmao

ikr, it doesn't use enough wattage

No

Nobody buys Intel really.

that's actually how they came up with the name

Five Guys is overrated as fuck.

I never had five guys.

Attached: 1544980774770.jpg (768x1024, 234K)