2600k of CPU coolers

>2600k of CPU coolers
How did cooler master make this masterpiece that even now no one can beat its price/performance?

Attached: hyper212evo.jpg (466x530, 48K)

No gap between heatpipes, decent fan I assume

The fan was dead on mine for an unspecified amount of time and the cooler by itself was able to keep my CPU from killing itself

All you need is air flow. You probably had a good one.

Probably serendipity. Pair a noisier fan with it and it would've been shit. Slightly less conductivity/surface area which would've necessitated the fan to ramp sooner and it would've been shit.
They just came up with a combo that could cool a stock 95W CPU with the fan pretty much at idle, and handle a small overclock with only a slight increase in noise.
It can't handle a serious overclock but you're not paying for the overengineering to do so either.

The most overrated CPU cooler ever made. The deepcool max 400 actually spaces out the heat pipes in the fins making it cool much better than that garbage. We're talking 3 -5 Degrees Celcius difference

How much does that cost compared to 212?

i replaced mine with an arctic freezer 34 esports duo
i think it's basically a 212 black edition except it comes with 2 static pressure fans

The M9i outperforms it at the same price range.

What are you talking about? The 212 has long been overthrown. Cryorig and Arctic have competing models within the same price range

The T4 is $5 cheaper and performs exactly the same.

m9i squad checkin in

It's just an efficient performing heatsink with an appealing price.
I'm sure there are better heatsinks, but most people just get whatever is "cheap" but regarded as quality.

$15 or so

>massively overrated
>still used by idiots despite it being outclassed in it's price range years ago

Yep, definitely the 2500k of coolers.

>2600k of CPU coolers
No its not. Stupid faggots not knowing that when 212 was hot shit, it was because during that time all stock coolers were absolute shit, and the 212 was the non-shit option below $50. It was an amazing upgrade because it's literally replacing shit intel and AMD stock coolers. There are now better options than the 212 now and it doesn't make sense to, for example, upgrade from the stock AMD coolers to the 212 when an extra couple of bucks will give you better cooling performance.

It costs nowadays $30 and has comparative performance to $100 coolers from noctua.

on what planet

How do I know which cpu is this? I knoe it's an i5. Can I use OP's fan on it? My cpu sometimes overheats, more than the gpu even. Also, if using an aftermarket cooler, how do I know my 500w thingy will support it?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-08-13-57-30-834_com.miui.gallery.jpg (1080x2248, 1.11M)

Bump

Good cooler for casual computing, but if you're into gayming just get a Noctua.

This is $33 on rakuten right now with their sale

Whats a good cooler if you are on a budget then?

Attached: 1544548041198.png (350x350, 160K)

>comparative performance to $100 coolers from noctua
You're telling me that it offers """comparative performance""" as a two-towered DH15, which is at $89? Retard.
The ThermalRITE True Spirit 140 POWER, which is at $50, has comparative performance with a single-fan DH15, and even outperforms it by a few degrees if you add a $20 fan, while weighing appreciably less.

It's fine for gaming too as long as you're not going for too severe an overclock

7 years paired with my i5 3550.
No problem here, bud.

>decent fan
nah. mine crapped out within a couple years. thankfully it comes with a standardized fan mounting bracket so a superior 120mm fan could be swapped in.

Really depends on case size, RGB needs (not that more expensive on Air coolers) etc and positioning

I have an 9600k @ 4.8ghz under a noctua nh d-14 with my vcore at 1.3v, anything higher than that temps start going to 90-100. Would some random AiO be enough to push it to 5GHz or at that point do you need a custom loop?

change the thermal paste.

Custom loop to make it worth it.

Look up what generation lga socket the motherboard is, order a cooler that is compatible. The 212 works on pretty much every lga platform so it's probably good.

I am cooling an 8700k with this thing. It was getting really hot at 4.9 ghz all cores, but after delidding, it is stable at 5.1. Hottest core gets to 85 degrees. Really decent cooler, I thought the 180W capacity advertised was an exaggeration but not realy.

What kind of drugs are you on? Gaming isn't nearly as intensive as you think and a stock cooler would be more than enough for sustained gaming loads. Albeit much louder. I used to have a dedicated FX based build solely for encoding and I had a first gen 212 EVO cooling an FX-8350 at 4.7GHz with 1.41v with zero issues. Cooler kept the chip at 57C max load for literal weeks on end worth of encode jobs.

Already did it. Just want to game without burning my knees.

>*sips*

Yep

Attached: 35-103-189-06.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Whats the most high end cooler you can buy?

how does a noctua d15 compare to a bq dark rock pro 4?
I've been running a 212 for ages and I don't think I'll carry it over to my new build.

Thermalright Le Grand Macho. It's slightly better than Noctua's D15, as well as a little quieter.

Get a Thermalright Macho Rev b.

either of these would be sufficient to cool an i9 9920X, right? is there issues with weight of those devices being attached to a mobo?

The fan on this piece of shit is dying constantly

I have a Arctic Freezer 12 for a small build. Damn thing is so good on that little fan for moderate processor overclocks. Got my 2400G running nicely. It spins down a lot to 0 RPM when idle too.

Uggo

>no gap between heatpipes
depends on the model really

Attached: 1545197443875.jpg (279x209, 23K)

Is there any way to get this nice AM3 cooler to work on AM4? I just bought a new noctua fan for it, but my FX-4300 system is freezing without solution and I think I need to replace it. Without being able to re-use it, I don't have a use for this expensive fan.

Attached: Mugen-2-Unit_03.jpg (500x488, 49K)

Not timeless because I'm about to rebuild a PC for a friend of mine that I've been doing PC stuff for over years, and they don't make an AM4 mount kit for it so now I have to explain to him why he has to replace this 'great value' budget cooler after 1 build

Because they're...cooler masters!

>building computers for other people
you brought this on yourself
If you can't figure out how to slot a plug into a socket you deserve prebuilts

>there are people who bought this

Attached: 35-103-056-14.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Is that you K9?

Attached: who_dat.jpg (1536x864, 178K)

Oh no. It's your brother V10.

Thermalright Silver Arrow T8. Make sure it fits you case and motherboard first.

Socket 1151

Scythe doesn't provide AM4 mounting for coolers that old. I know the Crosshair VI Hero supports AM3 cooler mounting, but I'm not sure if that carried over to the VII Hero.

>*sips*

Yep.

Attached: rippah.jpg (500x500, 23K)

I had one of those back in the day. Kept my i7 920 cool. I legit never knew if the peltier ever turned on.

Replaced it with a Megahalems a year later.

Thanks. Perhaps there is a good heatsink paired with a cheap fan.

I bought this one bc the 212 wouldn't fit in my case.

No regrets.
> Hyper T4

Attached: 33_cac83d96a924d90ebfcb527005eda630_1414626821.jpg (590x442, 66K)

Use Speccy to get your PC specs.

There is a smaller model made by someone else for TR that performs just as well now. That thing is a beast.

I think it's outperformed by the new TR4 noctua coolers, right?

Personally I like the wraith ripper. Big ol' chunk of ugly metal. Also the design is fucking great, it doesn't obstruct tall ram. It would probably do better if it was dual fan, though.

Dropped a Hyper212 LED on an i7-3960X on my test bench and it handled even prime95 without issue.
The LED consts less than the EVO, but seems to be an updated model, which confuses me. Bought two so far, and I'm happy with both.

Don't you just take off the stupid AM4 mount and use an AM3 backplate? Or is the spacing different?

Probably, yeah, but the Wraithripper just emanates BDE.

The spacing is different unfortunately.

Oh, that's dildos.

i bought some adapter to reuse my 212+ with am4 and there was some issue with the screws not being long enough
i had to flip the cpu blackplate to get it to fit but then it shorted out my mobo fml

Ah, if I'd known the T4 was shorter I could have avoided some additional work..

Attached: xd.jpg (960x720, 48K)

My CPU a cute!
On sale for less than £17

Attached: 61uulaSfW9L._SX679_[1].jpg (679x679, 45K)

We all have those moments.

Attached: 2400g1.jpg (1600x900, 110K)

Damn, that looks so close to fitting too.

What PC Make/Model?

212 Evo is $35, Cooler Master Vortex is $31

What the fuck is wrong with you people

Attached: 1526398382981.jpg (640x640, 187K)

AIO's dont have this problem

I don't think either of these cases could even accept an AIO, so your comment is functionally retarded.
Also doubling the price with no change in functionality is retarded. 2/2 there bud.

>Also doubling the price with no change in functionality is retarded

>having heat not be aimlessly blown around the case instead of being directed out of it properly is functionally the same

Attached: Nvm+i+found+a+better+quality+one+for+you+_49069bbbcbbb981afcb5283e8f59362c.jpg (200x313, 13K)

>built my first pc 8 years ago this week
>still using the 212+ that I bought back then
>mfw I'll have to finally upgrade when I go zen 2 because there's no current socket support for it
I'm actually kinda sentimental about it. It's the last remaining original component of my PC, and it was easily the most memorable part of the assembly process for me as a first timer. I thought it was going to crush my phenom II with the amount of pressure I was applying, kek. I'll keep it around somewhere as a momento, I guess. I think I'll likely buy a Noctua to replace it. Their long term future socket support seems extremely good.

Attached: kermit suicide.gif (320x320, 1.9M)

Oh shit, I didn't know Scythe made adapter kits for their older coolers. Looks like they've got one for my old Ashura, good news since I've been wanting to upgrade from my stock 2700X cooler and wasn't sure what to go with.

Have it since 2500k which was stable at 4.7. Now last 4 years on 6600k but I need 1.4v for 4.7 stable and that's 90C+. Will upgrade to something else with 9900k. Want 5GHz out of that fucker without AIO in nxzt h200i, any options for me?

Doesn't change the fact this meme cooler doesn't fucking work on half of the sockets being sold at the moment you stupid faggot

It's the only non-stock cooler I've ever owned. I got it, and a Phenom II x3 that unlocked to a x4 as a combo.

>Will upgrade to something else with 9900k
zen2 is almost here user...

I'm still using my Coolermaster V8, does a good job considering it's been in use for about 8 years (though system hasn't been used 24/7 - Mostly weekend with some weekday use). Still works well though and keeps current cpu (i5 2500k) cool enough (below 64c under 4.4ghz overclock). Looks a bit gaudy but overall its been a solid cooler.

Cooler Master made some really good shit but they never seem to get the same respect as other big names. HAF X was such a great case in the military style/bolt on plastic era.

I hate this shit. It just makes things messy. I prefer a nice flat surface and an appropiate amount of thermal paste in a ball.

windows key + r, then type dxdiag, will tell you what your particular processor is as well as Ram amount etc., otherwise can install programs such as hwinfo64 (its free and pretty detailed) or speccy as another user suggested. Your PSU shouldn't have any trouble supporting a cooler as they will at most draw a few more watts compared to stock cooler, even if dual-fan (maybe another 6w or so).

Mhm. I'm still waiting, still gonna buy intel for reasons but it might get a slight price drop

>might get a slight price drop
9900k is literally the most expensive consumer cpu intel has yet released right after the massive success of 2000 series ryzen why would you assume they'd change their tune?

Based deepcool shill btfo'ing Corsair marketers

>btfo'ing Corsair marketers
I thought the 212 was cooler master

It is, I'm retarded

Tbf the M9i does also use the vastly inferior old fashioned bent wire mounting system.

>having heat not be aimlessly blown around the case instead of being directed out of it properly is functionally the same
Ah, that's cute, you're trying to imply that AIOs perform better than air. They're certainly capable of doing so, you just have to spend twice as much.

Attached: deep cool shills.jpg (1296x976, 400K)

Attached: this apparently is bad.jpg (907x676, 126K)

maybe its because the 212 was made for smaller surface area cpu heat spreaders? I have no idea

Attached: the saddest thing I've seen in the last five minutes.jpg (750x629, 110K)

>>mfw I'll have to finally upgrade when I go zen 2 because there's no current socket support for it
are you a dumb ass? Just get the bracket for like 1$ and fit your 212 on it

you realize that this is superior? As you don't want gaps with no heatpipes over the die area? Thats the most important place to soak up heat, not at the edges of the protection cap.