"i use linux as my operating system," i state proudly to the unkempt, bearded man...

"i use linux as my operating system," i state proudly to the unkempt, bearded man. he swivels around in his desk chair with a devilish gleam in his eyes, ready to mansplain with extreme precision.
"actually," he says with a grin, "linux is just the kernel. you use GNU+linux."
i don't miss a beat and reply with a smirk, "i use alpine, a distro that doesn't include the GNU coreutils, or any other GNU code. it's linux, but it's not GNU+linux."

the smile quickly drops from the man's face. his body begins convulsing and he foams at the mouth as he drop to the floor with a sickly thud. as he writhes around he screams "I-IT WAS COMPILED WITH GCC! THAT MEANS IT'S STILL GNU!"
coolly, i reply "if windows was compiled with gcc, would that make it GNU?" i interrupt his response with "and work is being made on the kernel to make it more compiler-agnostic. even if you were correct, you won't be for long."

with a sickly wheeze, the last of the man's life is ejected from his body. he lies on the floor, cold and limp. i've womansplained him to death.

Attached: Richard-Stallman.jpg (3504x2336, 2.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youre autistic

gno

> IT WAS COMPILED WITH GCC! THAT MEANS IT'S STILL GNU!
Is this really his response to non-GNU distros?

kek

Attached: Chris Hansen Googleplus memes _ quickmeme.jpg (625x832, 79K)

Attached: 1550546753415.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Actually, the amount of software isn't why it is called GNU. It doesn't matter if no software is installed that was written by the GNU project, because GNU is the name of the project to create a fully free clone of Unix. Learn how names work. A better example would have been Android, since it does not descend from GNU as Alpine does.

Butthurt freetard spotted

bravo

holy fuck amazing, you BTFO'd that nigger EPIC WIN

You were btfo Richard, it's time to let go and accept

Attached: 6080736879_4cfa80b26c_z.jpg (640x427, 129K)

He is a retard arguing with Strawman

holy based
s\oy pilled

llvm, motherfucker

100% sweetie

Why all the fighting anyway? Linux is awesome and GNU is awesome. Focus your hatred on closed source vendor locks instead. If everyone would be using GNU+Linux it should be seen as a win, no matter what people end up calling it.

Attached: sadstallman.jpg (1024x768, 294K)

I have no idea what this llvm app is or does, sorry.

Attached: Why don't you have a seat over there_ - Album on Imgur.png (800x450, 214K)

You could have just stopped being retarded when everyone pointed out to you that you were being retarded.
Instead, you doubled down on being retarded.
We have been extremely patient, but you just keep doubling down on retarded with every subsequent notification of how retarded you're getting.
At this point you're retardedness is larger than the observable universe, as this thread demonstrates.

Based and truthpilled.
Only the GNU system is requested to be called GNU.

There is already a FAQ answering all your questions: gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

speaking of which -- anyone got this in full quality?

Attached: desktop-thread.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

and everyone clapped
t.umblr

It's just called Linux.

What exactly are you referring to as 'it'?

Based. You wrecked that Jew.