>No idea of my IQ
>Scared it's less than 120

fuck tech bros

Attached: iq10a.gif (150x150, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_and_public_policy
youtube.com/watch?v=U6VPEcj77v8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can literally just train to get more point on IQ tests. Unless you're retarded, which I think you are.

You can't train for the GMAT you fucking retard that would defeat the whole point

Retarded CTO. IQ =/= Performance.

If you’re smarter than the average compsci grad you’ll make it, most compsci majors are 120+ iirc

You’re working at a fintech startup so that doesn’t seem too high a bar

Attached: Dt4HGA6U8AEpHaw.jpg (888x1199, 198K)

>firing people with low IQ
>Europe
Ok, sure in the dystopian hellhole that is the USA, sure, but Europe? Pretty sure that would be illegal.

That's illegal in the United States m8

I mean I'm sure that he can take it to the lawsuit in whatever country he lives (Germany and UK probably)

>That's illegal in the United States m8
What the fuck are you talking about it's totally legal. Low IQ isn't a protected class.

What do you mean you can't train?
Take a bunch of similar tests online and know what things they might ask so you can answer it and get a good score.
Study it like any other type of exam.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_and_public_policy
>Title VII of the Civil Rights Act generally prohibits employment practices that are unfair or discriminatory. One provision of Title VII, codified at 42 USC 2000e-2(h), specifically provides that it is not an "unlawful employment practice for an employer to give and to act upon the results of any professionally developed ability test provided that such test, its administration or action upon the results is not designed, intended or used to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin." This statute was interpreted by the Supreme Court in Griggs v. Duke Power Co., 401 US 424 (1971). In Griggs, the Court ruled that the reliance solely on a general IQ test that was not found to be specifically relevant to the job at issue was a discriminatory practice where it had a "disparate impact" on hiring.

>What do you mean you can't train?
there is an infinity of variation the each problem

You can be a bit more clever about it though. You literally give a similar test, that tests the same aptitudes, but as long as you never explicitly call it an "IQ test" you're absolutely allowed to test your employees and fire them if they don't meet the bar.

I personally find it retarded unless the business has a substantial amount of employees, where the probability statistics related to IQ and performance really start to matter.

If 10-100 or so employees, it should be up to those hiring to measure performance.

but if you're the military, for example, you should absolutely test IQ. when you have thousands upon thousands of employees, that's the easiest way to hedge the risks and be fairly certain that you're collecting the most solid group of individuals for the job.

Unless, of course, since OPs boss is in fintech he's likely using the "intellectual elite" metric as a selling point to make people feel more at ease with their decision to park their money with that company. Then I understand it even if it's only a 10 person company.

testing outside of what the job responsibilities are leaves them open to liability

high intelligence and the military don't well together unless you're at the top. most positions in the military literally want you to turn off your brain

yes but you can learn how to approach them, some pitfalls, what not to do even if it feels like you should, etc

ah yes, the pitfall is selecting the wrong answer (even if it feels like you should)

how you should approach it is select the right answer

Interview programming tests are pretty much just IQ tests.
Is right

many things would leave you open to liability. if you have money and good lawyers you can hedge your risks intelligently.

Median is 125 for cs

the US military literally has a low-end cutoff of IQ where you cannot be admitted into the military with an IQ lower than ~80.

the point isn't the military needs high intelligence, the military needs a way to be reasonably sure the person for the job is going to perform it reasonably well and they need an easy way to be reasonably sure their work force of LITERALLY THOUSANDS can meet this criteria

this is where IQ is important for an organization.

>falling for IQ meme
literally engineered so (((they))) come out at the top
t. 121 IQ

the pitfall is being an complete idiot

Yeah, but not hiring someone because of some random test is different from firing someone because of such a test.

Black cross, white square

black dot, white rectangle

>fintech

Attached: 1453782333093.jpg (861x1300, 91K)

>>Scared it's less than 120
That doesn't matter. Reality is, your management is insane. Get your resume/CV polished up, update your Linkedin profile and start looking for a new job, pronto.

>150k+Bonus

Attached: 15444870-happy-man-enjoying-a-rain-of-money.jpg (1009x1300, 110K)

>why yes, I do work in fintech and stay at work for 16+ hours a day, how did you know?

Attached: 3d.jpg (670x440, 49K)

>will most likely retire at 45 with a few millions
>pitied by Jow Forums autists

>you can't train for a math test, there are infinite variations for each problem

>you can't train for a math test, there are infinite variations for each problem
yes you can't train for ALL the math tests, that's the fucking point

>this is so ebin man, one day I'll definitely be like those guys!
I really don't get you people

>>working everyday until 11 pm
>>No idea of my IQ
Yeah sounds about right

>most likely retire without wife, kids, but with a sick ass rental, having completely blown away the best years of my life for someone else
oof

IQ tests are literally just pattern matching. If you can't figure out the common patterns after a while you are just a brainlet.

>IQ tests are literally just pattern matching.
Intelligence is literally just pattern matching senpai

It took me a while to realize that "fintech startup" didn't mean "Finland technology startup."

>Intelligence is literally just pattern matching senpai
More meta-pattern matching, pattern of pattern and pattern of pattern of pattern

If you always felt more intelligent than normal people around you, probably 120 is your minimum.

I did IQ tests many times in the past, scored 13X 14X so on average I have around 138~.

Math has always been easy to me, once I understood the logic of the problem its very easy. Most people can't even understand the logic of a problem and get frustrated.

If you struggled at math I would say you should be concerned, you might have something between 100-120.

Elite mathematicians have more than 140 for sure.

Well the people making these tests are logical creatures.
Learn what type of variations they think of when making the patterns.
You should be able to give an argument for why you chose each one, taking more time might hurt your score, but that is why you train.
Let's use the OP as an example.
How would you solve it?
What is common and what would you expect the last two pieces to be?
Typically there is a rule that can go in two directions and then something that rules out one of them. (Although I think I would need one more piece to see this in the OP, for now, it just looks like the obvious solution is correct)

So? You can get a wife later. That is more cost effective.

Yes, you're too retarded.

dude

nice LARP faggot, IQ testing in the workplace not to mention against your will is illegal in Europe.
Basically sue him, although if this is legit and you didn't think of it already, your IQ surely is under 120.

>If you always felt more intelligent than normal people around you, probably 120 is your minimum.
Literally all teenagers feel "more intelligent" than normal (English is not my mother tongue, but shouldn't I say "smarter"?)

where is 'gender' and 'race'?

>nice LARP faggot, IQ testing in the workplace not to mention against your will is illegal in Europe.
Not OP but I'm working in consulting (London and Zurich) and psychometric testing (a proxy for IQ) is used consistently for recruitment.

both are right (t. not native speaker either but I got my C2 a couple years ago)

Ok, the same was done to me. But they weren't boasting about it like OP said. Like just use your smartphone to record it lmao.

Brainlets *should* be bullied.

The point is that it's perfectly legal.

this is true. FAANG give IQ-like tests in online interviews

>this is true. FAANG give IQ-like tests in online interviews
*all Wall Street and all big tech
FTFY

Bait, move along

US Military doesn't test or care about IQ. You're probably mixing it up with the ASVAB that everyone has to take before signing up. It's just a test of basic reading, math, and technical skills.
There's a small section of "pattern recognition" but its just, like, 20 questions of assembling shapes (pic related).

Attached: AO2.jpg (580x171, 20K)

> US Military doesn't test or care about IQ
I've seen it in the movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=U6VPEcj77v8