Backdoor

>Intel ME
>AMD PSP
How do we ungay this backdoor shit?
Has anyone bought a System76 or Purism laptop?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (331x152, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raptorcs.com/
cvedetails.com/vendor/238/Intel.html
cvedetails.com/vendor/7043/AMD.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

amd psp is just a crypto core. it cannot take over your machine.

>closed source
I guess you will never know
JEJ
amd idiot, they are all backdoored

Kys, Intel was backdoored since core2duo and nobody gave a shit.

psp is a peripheral that you send it data and it encrypts them. it doesn't have access to your network, it doesn't run at -2 ring, it doesn't run an operating system and if it wasn't for arm designing parts of the h/w, amd would've published the firmware to that thing.
PSP is NOT IME.
try to read before shitposting.
>I guess you will never know
I already know faggot. we have all the arm license with all source code where I work.

the only fucking chance is waiting for chink clones

When did AMD hire shills?

what part of the post sounded like a shill talking?
I am explaining you how IME and PSP work.
IME runs its own operating system with its own IP stack and can read anything from the CPU and report it to someone via the network.
PSP is NOT attached to the network, it doesn't run an operating system, it doesn't do actions on its own.
PSP is a peripheral, like DMAs, interrupt arbiters, etc. inside the CPU that helps you accelerate integer polynomial multiplications and divisions. You give it your data and a key and it returns a ciphertext.
Those data are usually encrypted memory pages used by VMs, so that your VM in a random VPS cannot be read by anyone else.

Probably the fact that you have no idea how ARM works.

Nigger, he's trolling you.

Use something based on OpenPower.

raptorcs.com/

Not him but I'd like to believe all the idiots who pander around the PSP or even IME backdoor shit are just actual tinfoil hat retards who can't listen to reason or think practically

If you think AMD doesnt have a backdoor youre gay and retarded

>hardware backdoors
There is no way around that besides making your own chips. You better hope 3D printers make huge leaps in coming years and that by the time they do all the boomers that can actually share hardware design knowledge in an open source fashion arent dead.

Fuck off

Attached: Screenshot_20190409-011133.png (1080x1920, 364K)

Tin-foil hat retards don't respond to everything with twitter-length insults and suggest to use the technology he's panning in the same post: System76, Purism, and Dell all use Intel CPUs and just set the reserve_hap flag to true. Real tin-foil hat cases wouldn't consider that enough because the IME is still used to boot the main processor, and it was the NSA that helped with either creating that flag or discovering it.

Whitelist IP addresses on your secure platforms and buy switches that support VLANs; you can't disable hardware backdoors, but you definitely can make it exceedingly difficult to use them.

I dont understand why you call people tinfoilers when we all know robots are tracking everyone

>why you call people tinfoilers
Because a bunch of them wear tin foil clothing, usually hats, to block out alien/illuminati mind-control rays.

Why should I care I'm not a pedophile

nice try, here is your (((you)))

Attached: jew.jpg (1024x500, 110K)

At least Intel ME doesnt have access to memory
AMDs secure processor does

Get a cheap sparcbox.

>intel ME
>amd PSP

those aren't alike.
kys faggot.

People try to push AMD as the only alternative to Intel which is suspicious especially since they are lying to while doing it right in this thread.
If you look at cve's for both
cvedetails.com/vendor/238/Intel.html
cvedetails.com/vendor/7043/AMD.html
AMD looks better but I wouldn't recommend it.
>The AMD Platform Security Processor (PSP), officially known as AMD Secure Technology, is a trusted execution environment subsystem incorporated since about 2013 into AMD microprocessors.[1] According to an AMD developer's guide, the subsystem is "responsible for creating, monitoring and maintaining the security environment" and "its functions include managing the boot process, initializing various security related mechanisms, and monitoring the system for any suspicious activity or events and implementing an appropriate response."[2] Critics worry it can be used as a backdoor and is a security concern.[3][4][5] AMD has denied requests to open source the code that runs on the PSP.[1]
That's what is publicly admitted to right on Wikipedia.

Other vendors or architectures, idk but not amd or intel. The overpriced crap is just a way to try and get you to give up.

Start your own CPU company.
Somehow magically resist the feds and Israel when they make you an offer you can't refuse.
Enjoy jail/death when you try to refuse.

>~$1500 for wimpy 4 cores, a deadbeat motherboard, and a 90mm cooper from early 2000s
>All so that none of your software ever runs

>System76, Purism, and Dell all use Intel CPUs and just set the reserve_hap flag to true
you can't have a secure intel cpu by disabling the ime engine.
you have to disable the SMT, you have to have a batched kernel, you have to disable all the thunderbolt ports on the machine.

I wonder what causes people to be this paranoid, it could just be a cyperpunk larp at this point

Abandon x86 is your only option.

Just don't be an anti-semite, goyim!
Then you'll have nothing to hide from us.

Attached: 1458877962166.png (495x491, 168K)

What you're quoting is a joke because nobody concerned with security has a Thunderbolt port.
However, with a healthy dose of paranoia, a couple certs, and talking to businessmen without sperging out, you can get a consultant job and tell everyone basic shit about security and they pay you $200+ an hour.

>Chink anything
>Not backdoored

>but it's only backdoored by the chinks which have no effect on me outside of china
this is everyyone who shills for chinkshit

I don't know shit about dark web markets.
Would it be realistically possible to start a small scale CPU manufacturing shop (1 CPU/day produced) and realistically deliver it to the people who buy them without ever getting caught? The buyer would pay with crypto.
Assuming that I can pull off setting up all the machinery for it without anybody finding out about it and I could operate it on my own.
How do drug traffickers get away with it? Or do the feds know about all of them and just not give a shit about this?

Purism laptops are just a normal laptop with coreboot.
coreboot disables some part of the Intel ME, but if you want no intel ME you need to flash libreboot into your bioship on a thinkpad, only older modules, check out libreboot.org

just flash libreboot into the biosship, and it disables the intel ME, only works on older thinkpads, check out libreboot.org