Bluray disc playback

why can't neither of these play actual physical blurays?

Attached: 1546646443915.jpg (646x328, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

funtoo.org/Playing_Blu-ray
vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/
youtube.com/watch?v=nH18K-7s9_8
makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19029
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because who the fuck buys physical blurays

anyone who is not poor.

they can't? weird. anyway. it's probably because it requires proprietary stuff to decode blurays. i've heard that some lg drives do hardware decoding.

Attached: PSXsvafi85pb4jXyW9dh7oHymlPbr6NwQdsRflcpa3yzAcf4Le6vs7PejjFHZSxO_HgH6wqIeb-0P9bEaemgOg.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

anydvd hd can remove drm from blurays without having to convert any files or fuck with the actual content. how do they do it but freetards can't?

>The ripper module is based on code from Elby's CloneDVD. Old versions used a ripper based on FixVTS, but FixVTS was shut down by legal threats from Sony in June 2007.
could also be legal issues.

why would anyone care if someone dumped the source on internet for other people to use? it doesn't have to be tracked down to a person for legal issues

MPV and MPC-HC can both decode the actual codacs Blu-rays use, it's the encryption that's the issue

Decrypting DVDs and Blu-rays would start to fall outside the scope of a media player

>i'm rich because i waste money on obsolete technology
lmao

Might as well just torrent the movie if you have to use pirated stolen proprietary software to rip the disc.

I'd rather not wait for 50GB of data to be downloaded

They can if you install the AACS keys.

>he doesn't have gigabit fiber

big off

elaborate

Blurays use AACS as DRM.

You just need to download the key for it to work.

It's probably easiest with VLC, but pretty sure you can do it with almost any modern media player.

funtoo.org/Playing_Blu-ray

googling it makes it seem like it only works for vlc and not mpc-hc or mpv

enjoy your shitty bitrates
Streaming and digital downloads never made blu-rays obsolete

Instructions for MPV can be found here pic related

Attached: 2019-04-08 11_18_58.png (757x411, 46K)

these seem to be loonix only?

>he's using windows

i mean, you do you senpai.

I just download remuxes these days myself cause UHD blurays are too much of a pain to crack myself.

>digital downloads never made blu-rays obsolete
Sure they did.

Just not legal downloads.

Torrent remuxes are by far better than buying a bluray. No DRM, true bluray bitrate, etc.

Media Player Classic plays Blu-Rays though. What are you talking about? You have to open the Blu-Ray folder with it, the whole thing, but it can do it.

it can't decode it you brainlet. try playing an actual bluray disc

those torrents rely on blu-rays to even exist
Your point?

My point is one person (or a handful) specializing in ripping these blurays is going to exist if bluray is widespread, or if it's super limited production.

No one besides these people and autists should be BUYING blurays.

OP is the result of toxoplasmosis

OP here. Got my actual, physical blurays to play in both MPV and MPC-HC.

follow this:
vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/
instead of using VLC (which sucks ass) use MPV or MPC-HC or both, and put the dll in their root installation folder.

naysayers btfo

VLC with the plugin dll or whatever can play bluray discs on the fly. There's a catch. Has be like relatively old/popular blurays and no menus.

Supposedly anydvd can play them on the fly. I could do the one week trial and but am going to wait until the price is on special or some shit to buy a lifetime subscription.

You are a faggot and your shit's all retarded

>What are ISO releases?

MPV ripped out DVD menu support because the developers are sucklessfags and it's "bloat" or whatever

they wouldn't even exist if no one else bought them

I can understand not wanting to buy them yourself, but deriding others for doing it and being self righteous about it is absurd

the bluray codecs need to be licensed for literally anything that uses them to play protected discs

I'm not poor, so I just bought disk space and illegally download remuxes

That is actually applicable. Most people who collect niche/old/whatever stuff is quite loaded. Poor people have other troubles than looking for stuff no one else wants.

Fuck off, Betamax existed until 2016 despite almost no one using it.

Sony makes a TON of esoteric media for the japanese market, and it's not all that difficult to import.

It's one of the few ways to actually get quad layer Blurays. Order them from Japan cause they're not really sold anywhere else.

japanese NEETS who wants bare tiddies

Nah, they actually purchase the blurays because they know it's one of the few things that will make the anime money, and if enough merch sells, then they might get another season.

Poor jap NEETs download remuxes like the rest of us.

Some of people who have good audio and video reproduction setups.

All you have to do is use MakeMKV's mmwhatever64 dll to the aacs etc and put it in mpv's folder. Same for VLC.

anti physical media fags should be executed

That who knows my nigger doesn't work. I followed those instructions on Windows 8.1 and it never worked. Then an user on here told me to do what I sort of said and it works perfectly. I'd post the screencap but I'm at work.

I can do the same thing but that shit site doesn't work for me.

I'm watching my bluray in MPV right now as I type this, and MPC-HC works as well. I'm running windows 10.
you clearly did something wrong.

Attached: 1543028606100.jpg (1069x815, 102K)

>Then an user on here told me to do what I sort of said and it works perfectly.
well, when are you getting home? post your solution here. I do know my solution may not work with the latest blurays but I haven't had an issue yet.

Playing back a BDMV sucks and is gay. Just use makemkv and call it a day.

t. brainlet. it already works just fine

It works but the container sucks and seeking takes forever.

>the container
what container? I'm reading straight (and instantly) from the disc

if you mean skipping resulting in grey frames for a bit, that issue is not present with MPC-HC, only with MPV.

Offhand it's pretty much what I said. There's a dll in Makemkv's directory that looks like mmdb64.dll, you copy that twice to mpv or vlc's directory and rename them to aacs and libbdplus

and this is better than that: because?

>2019
>Blueray

>any year
>video compressed to hell

Because it doesn't fucking work for me. Also the one on wnmn site were outdated when I did this, while MakeMKV gets updated every month.

>Because it doesn't fucking work for me
when is the last time you tried it?

which dll is it?

Attached: 1548945611270.png (181x513, 10K)

doing what you said results in this. lmao

Attached: 1538190096312.png (411x159, 7K)

kek, found makemkv on a torrent site. though I'll use this method until it fails (if ever)

What player you running user?

the method I posted here: works both for mpc-hc and mpv, but the screenshot you're referring to is MPV, but I recommend MPC-HC.

Ah. Thank you user. :)

>What is autism

>what container?
Oh, so you know nothing.
The files on the disc are still containers, .m2ts in this case, containing video, audio and subtitle streams.

the whole point is to instantly read the files without converting anything you doofus. also seeking with those works fine if you use MPC-HC instead of MPV

Probably half a year. The way I'm doing it now is fine, but I might give it a shot later. I'll pm you the results. ;)

>any year
>not downloading blu ray rips
>literally no re-compression invovled

>waiting any time for an entire bluray to download and wasting any storage space when you can just have a physical, nice collection of real blurays

Discs should only be used for archival purposes. Always rip them for easy access and less tear on the actual disc. You can watch it in the same quality and have an organized digital library that makes selecting and watching movies easier.

Attached: 1536894515933.gif (374x261, 57K)

You could borrow them from the library

>wasting home/physical space when you could fit it into your hard drive, user
Also physical copies suck for the most part, especially if they have DRM.

What’s a remix?

remux

and it's a bluray M2TS video files put into an MKV container without any compression.

Essentially a raw bluray movie at full bluray bitrate. The same thing you'd get from a retail disc, just without extras usually.

Discs still degrade. Some of my CDs that have been stored for 10 years in the dry and dark from the early 90s have suffered from bit rot and now have read errors when I tried to rip them again. I've since archived them all and plan to clear them out selling anything worth anything. 3x 100GB blu-ray discs will store hundreds of CDs worth of music in a lossless format.

if you want to keep discs for longer, use M-discs.

Everything will degrade over time, user. But people buy movies and albums on a CD. Might as well keep that.

Flash your BD drive with libredrive if it's supported
youtube.com/watch?v=nH18K-7s9_8

>CDs from the 90s having disc rot
That's way too quick. I've got plenty of old, used CDs from the 80s that ripped no problem.

>libredrive
how do I get this without makemkv? can the drive firmware be used?

It's was only a few of them out of many. One has what looks like mold growing on it. It was like a insect got squashed and it's guts absorbed into the material.

I don't know enough, saw this video a while ago and I'm in the middle of rewatching it. Don't currently have access to my one PC with a BD drive either.

makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19029
There we go, command line option to remove encryption.

Pressed CDs and writable CDs are completely different.

I assumed he meant pressed CDs, but I could be wrong.

Always assume both -_-

apparently my drive doesn't support it. but this method: works perfectly for me.

>buy Blu-ray
>remux it
>disc is a backup now
>also get to have a physical collection
Comfy

BD decryption keys keep getting updated, that's why even dedicated BD players need to call home to get the newest keys. Otherwise they won't be able to play the newest titles.
Anydvd is the same, it needs to keep updating its decryption database, so old versions are useless for newest discs.
Freetards can't do it for free because getting new keys requires actually buying new discs to find them. And if you want to be on top of the game you need to buy them fast and - afaik - without knowing if a new key has actually been used.
That said, once you have decrypted the disc in whichever way, MPC-HC can play them quite fine, though some menus can be wonky.
tl;dr blu-ray is botnet by design.

>use pirated stolen proprietary software
Imagine being this poor to not have a hundred quid for a lifetime loicence.

>Decrypting DVDs and Blu-rays would start to fall outside the scope of a media player
Literally every current video player happily decrypts any and all DVDs you throw at it. BD is just much more of a pain in the ass.

>Literally every current video player happily decrypts any and all DVDs you throw at it.
Not exactly. Usually they're relying on an underlying engine to do it and on Windows it was usually Windows itself, until they removed the DVD playback from Windows 10.
There could be something to do with external DVD drives as well. I can happily rip DVDs with makemkv on my external drive but can't get anything to play them straight from the disc. Programs just start shitting the bed, not responding and the likes.

>not ripping BDs using MakeMKV
>not storing them on a ZFS-based NAS
>not playing them using a MINIX U9-H
pleb

should have used vlc like a normal person

I wouldn't know desu, i never used w10. But pretty sure at least VLC has native built in support. As much as people like to shit on it for a variety of less or more autistic reasons, it's a good fallback when nothing else works.
Didn't notice the other issue either, but I'm too lazy to go down and dig my old external DVD drive from the garage.

they can, but sometimes fail

if you want a failproof experience install makemkv and make mpv automatically use it when playing blu-rays (its easy as fuck)

actually I don't know about mpc, somehow I thought you were talking about mpv and vlc

You need to connect the discman to bluetooth OP

read the thread:
>OP here. Got my actual, physical blurays to play in both MPV and MPC-HC.

I wonder how many of these posters even realize we are not talking about home burnt storage BDs or image files, but actual, factory pressed, legally bought from a distributor BDs.