What is the objectively best power socket, and why is it the British one?

What is the objectively best power socket, and why is it the British one?

Attached: 1553955311917.png (700x681, 838K)

The italian and japanese ones are kino but I prefer the uk one just because it's satisfying as fuck

a thread died for this.

Attached: 1547055952652.gif (498x498, 207K)

Attached: Schuko_standard.jpg (2000x1500, 277K)

>japanese
Why????? It's worst than the murica one

Bottom prong is literally useless

IEC 60906-1
it's used in South Africa

This was a successful thread about 2 weeks ago. Someone reposted it verbatim. Apparently they just want the 'high' of making a thread with 100 replies. Kill yourself or get a hobby, OP.

italian is ok
japanese is easy to bend

Attached: plugman.png (617x466, 285K)

British plug is definitely the best one. Sturdy as shit.

That's but Brazil's turned 90 degrees.

Type J or Type N
Type C Europlug is also based.
UK plugs are well engineered but way too bulky, like schuko.
What for? I've never had any of my plugs break and it's not like i'm going to kill niggers with my plugs. I have guns for that.

pajeet plug is minimal and just gets it done

The Danish plug/socket is the most based.
Which is obviously why we stick to it when surrounded by Shucko shit. It is very easy to install and quite sturdy. It comes with an entire eco-system of securely mounting to many different types of walls and surfaces.
Also comes with a double-plug in one, for applications without need for a ground plug.
It also insures phase-neutral correctness when plugged in with the ground pin.

> $currentyear
> No ground

>no ground
what d'ya mean, no ground?
you ARE the ground!

The UK mains plug is so overbuilt it's comical. It should be a third the size. Then it would actually be the best plug. In its current state it's the worst.

They all have problems but the Swiss design is currently (HA HA) the best.

europlug > all

>japan
>100 volts
>no ground
>muh anime socket is dat best

Attached: D3fz71WXkAAVk30.jpg (1014x1024, 152K)

Attached: 1522731895192.jpg (680x510, 47K)

It's pretty good but the Swiss is better because it's narrow. Circular plugs are all too bulky.

Europlug is at least sturdy and has a nice, recessed socket.

All receptacles should have at least two outlets. Something the Americans and Japs have correct.

>100 volts
200,000,000,000 Watts, though.

no, they're not. south korean/german/eu plugs are the sturdiest. they can be a bitch to plug in, though. but on the bright side they ain't falling out of the socket.

The Italian one is very solid and reliable, it just never bends or break. For the record, in Italy we also use the Schuko (German round one). That's actually my favorite, even though sometimes it can piss you off if you can't plug something in because you don't have an adapter at the moment.

Schuko. How is that even a question? Italian is second best.

Schuko isn't europlug

How does that work?
Is it regional or do you just have to prepare for both sockets?

It's not regional, some appliances (usually the ones that have a high power consumption such as hairdryers, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, ecc...) come with the Schuko. If your house is new enough you'll find several Schuko sockets already, if not then you use adapters (pic related).
I wouldn't be mad if we moved entirely to the Schuko, but I realize it would be a mess for many people.
I would gladly replace all the sockets in my house, tho.

Attached: 10039869_LR_PRO_V01_2015_11_16_131949.jpg (260x203, 5K)

It's not.
Even if the ground wire isn't connected, it provides stability.

as an additional note, there's variations of the L type plug where the prongs are almost twice as large and much more spaced, to the point they reach the walls of the plaque
pic related it what the newer ones look like, somewhat

Attached: Presa4.jpg (350x264, 15K)

>I wouldn't be mad if we moved entirely to the Schuko
less space efficient
this pic shows why in this outlet you can fit 3 ITA or one schucko

flat italian is so comfy

Attached: spina-piatta-16at-nero-elite-volante-300603n.jpg (370x360, 15K)

Imagine stepping on that

This is even worse.

Attached: 1545691219675.png (900x500, 208K)

Stepped on both, italian one is worse. Phoneposting but italian one, when it somehow is prongs-up, will roll underyour foot when stepped on. Uk one stays put and your foot only sinks so much before another part of your foot vontacts another prong and distributes pressure.

Does that even happen? I don't think I've stepped on a power plug in my entire life, mostly because the ones I use are always plugged in and aren't just laying around in the middle of the room.

how many amps is the UK one rated for?

This chart is wrong most of them are the same right if not grounded

Like all of Europe and india is the same?? other than Britain

all of Americas and Japan is same?

All of Asia and Australia

To me that looks like there is 3 types of plugs then some variety of grounding pins of thous

Then Britain and Israel being unique

Going by population the Asian or euro/Indian plug should win and because the Asian plug is the newest design it should win

10A usually.

This. IEC made a good plug, the rest either didn't, or had manufacturing from at least 40 years ago in mind.

Or they have a variant (Brazil/aswitzerland) which is almost as good, but we really should just use the IEC standard and be done with all the crappy incompatible plugs.

> the Asian plug is the newest design
Eh, which?

AFAIK the newest design here is the south africsn/brazilean/swiss type. Also its the most sensible design for household use anyhow.

UK is over-engineered crap.
China/Aus/NZ is objectively the best.

As I've been living in Japan a few years I can give some insight into how shit the ungrounded socket is.
It's garbage. The only redeeming factor is that you can plug things in easily any which way, rotating pins and such. A lot of devices with ground wires have them hanging loose (which means if the device is shorting to ground the wire is live and not tripping anything). I had to run a wire around my apartment to ground my devices because only a few sockets have grounding lugs.
Even though most plugs have insulated sleeves for part of the length, the socket connectors are VERY close to the mouth of the sockets, so the plug can make a connection while bare parts of the pins are still exposed, and this is probably necessary for stability (need as much of the plug pins touching the socket contacts as possible for friction).

And by Asian I mean China/Australian

That plug is used by more than just them 2 I think all of Asia beside Japan/Korea use it

All the rounded pin pugs have same spacing right these images are just not scaled?

Does Japan and USA not work together? They look like they would fit ...

The USA and euro style plug are the oldest followed by Britain then Australiaasian and Israel being the newest

The newest plug will win as it has best design experience the angled sockets give more streanth and stop it being pulled out sideways but easy forward

I think US and Japan need to change first they are the minority population but the most consumer its the easiest for them to change ..

Not sure about Australia Asia vs EU plug thou .. It might be easier for China and Asia to change would prob have to weigh up who is building new the most and who can afford to change easiest which might not be poverty EU ... But EU already has very non conforming ground plug placement so they should really all replace with Chinese plugs

No its not that's just a varent of the oldest

Australian Chinese and israil is the newest and all of Asia uses China plug so literally more flags than could fit it's already won

I thought the Swiss plug was before IEC

fuck off, bong.

Lol euros and mutts have 200year old plugs

Based Israel and Chinese Australia have modern past 60 years only plug

If products was only made for China/aus/Jew market there power supplies could prob be way smaller as it doesn't have to acount for terrible 100year old sockets

>Does Japan and USA not work together? They look like they would fit ...
They are the same. USA more standardized using grounded sockets, though. In Japan they're fairly rare, but around.

As a britbong I am very jealous of schuko's rotational symmetry & higher current rating.

Britain will eventually switch to China plug as they use same power standard

Lots of devices getting universal not sure how no longer see the volt switches

But EU/US/India prob do need to rewire entire county as it's made poorly

Every PSU death story is US /EU

They need to admit they have poverty electrical work and just start again

IEC 60320, more specifically C13/14 and Sheet E/F.

Attached: 1473187870598.jpg (500x500, 45K)

be careful, yuropoors can't deal with these levels of snugness and polarity.

Also the one that goes farthest up your ass when you sit on it.

Aesthetics: Italy
Functionality: UK

What country is this used in?

fuck i see that i have the same plug as ching chong fuckkkkkkkkkkk

Technically most countries, it's used as the standard around the globe. The catch is that it's only primarily used in the office space, IT, and medical fields.

Here's a chart for all the different types there are, you might find that you'll recognize some of them.

Attached: 1509807229417.jpg (2123x2838, 926K)

is it possible to install a non-US in your house? are the wires the same?

Attached: mpv-shot0019.jpg (3840x2160, 656K)

the Israeli one is long dead
t. israeli boomer

>mfw I didn't know countries even had different plugs until a few years ago when I ordered a new monitor from america

Who else?

Attached: 1416087131994.jpg (283x357, 29K)

Possible, but voltage will be different, so you will have to your way around that. 110-120V in USA, some parts of Africa, and Asia, while rest of Asia and whole Europe uses 220-240V as standard.
t. eurofag that fried NTSC PS2 console before.

I remember actually frying my japanese 3DS by plugging into german socket to charge without knowing voltage differences. I still cringe until this day.

>2 weeks ago
This thread has been posted like monthly for years

Nah UK is better just because the socket can also take euro plugs kek
Wait there are places with wall sockets that take kettle leads?

UK sockets are almost the only ones that don‘t take europlugs, brainlet.

The US 220V 3 prong with the ground facing up is breddy good.
Good durability and power ratings
Too bad the copper Jews won't allow 220v to become common.